-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Try this one from HomeyD. $15 - $17. I'm very impressed with this torch. It is almost always with me. It doesn't come with a sheath, but it fits in the tool pocket of Carhartts nicely. It outperforms Maglight and I have a bunch of sheaths from maglights that don't measure up. Close to identical dimensions.

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm Definately a flashlight junkie & own at least 2 dozen or more. I've pretty much bought & tried em all.

For the money, you just can't beat the Fenix LD 20. They run about $50 bucks with free shipping & no tax at BatteryJunction.com

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Gerber Infinity...and put a small length of paracord sheath through the end of it so that you can hold it in your teeth and work with your hands.
I cannot even begin to estimate the number of roo's I gutted using just the Infinity for light (close irrigation and roads).

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't have one of these but I was just in Walmart tonight and looked at some. I almost got one, but as everybody knows, I'm flashlight-poor. crazy

100 lumens

That one doesn't quite meet your specs but is the exact one I looked at. The 100 lumen rating is quite respectable, heck back in the day the Surefire 6P was only like 65 lumens. I upgraded both of mine to about 80 with new lamps, but they are expensive. This one takes three ultra easy-to-get AAA's. How can you go wrong at $11 even if it's a bust? The thing that concerns me for you is the possible lack of a push-button switch. You can't tell from the pic and I didn't pay enough attention.

200 lumens

The above is a 200 lumen torch that I didn't see at the store but that Walmart's site claims they have. I'd for sure get this one over the other even though it's about double the cost. At around $20 you get double the brightness out of only four AAAA batteries. This one has a push button. I wouldn't hesitate to try either one. I've had Ozark Trail stuff before and it's good enough in general.

big pic

total info

If you want one I own, here it is. This is the first place I could find, on the internet that has it. Walmart doesn't have it listed that I could find. I'm pretty sure I saw one in my Walmart tonight though. I believe I bought mine at Bass Pro. The $50 price can be beaten significantly. I think I gave $30 for mine. I've had it better than a year and have no complaints. It's probably the brightest, easily available light of its size. While not tiny, it's about the same size as the old Surefire Executive Elite. It puts out a respectable 100 lumens. It has your push button on the tailcap. It takes only ONE single A battery!

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 02/10/13.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Check out some place like cheaperthandirt, for police gear, you should find a sheath there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Kenneth
You should say you're sorry......

I won't even bring up the lack of belt sheath...

patiently waiting.......

It comes with a belt sheath you [bleep]' [bleep].

Travis

Very subtle Travis. You speak my language. Kill 'em with kindness. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Mag Lite mini mag. Still the best.

Sam......

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Look at this site, Deal Xtreme

They're so cheap, you could buy a half dozen and leave one everywhere you need one.

Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Kenneth,

Lots of good, small lights out there, but your criteria ( push-button, 2AAs, and holster) kind of puts a kink in things. Are you hard over on it?

Bob

Whats on your mind? Anything other than expensive, hard to find battery's.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How about a Larry Light? Around $10. 60 lumens from 8 LEDs, runs on 3 AAA's, pocket clip that swivels, clip is magnetic for sticking to anything steel, will fit in many different belt carriers. Battery life? I have one at work that I accidently left on...for a full WEEK, and it was still going (I didn't say it had full power left, just that it was still going)
Available many places online. I got mine in a local hardware store. It's an excellent light for close work. I often hold it by the clip in my teeth for close work since it's quite light weight.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=164&cid=16

Runs on 3 triple A's. Push button. 250 lumens with adjustable beam and clip or lanyard attachement.

Dang nice flashlight and if you look around a bit, you should find them under $30 shipped. I've never paid over $27 shipped.

Edit: Forgot to add, the magnet feature is really handy as we leave one stuck on the side of the frig for easy location at home. The other day the power was out at work and I stuck two of these flashlights to an over head steel beam and we were back to work.

Last edited by Lonny; 02/10/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kenneth;
Hopefully other than your flashlight dilemma this cool Sunday morning finds you well.

I am cognizant you stated two AA batteries and a holster and thus am reluctant to give the following suggestion, however in the off chance this may work for you I'd offer the following.

Like others here I'm a bit of a flashlight and folder junkie. In our collection we've got multiple MagLights and then some others including a SureFire thrown in. I went on a "pocket rocket" testing mission a couple years ago and all the ladies in our house now have at least one LED that's rated over 500 Lumen.

The problem I've found is that the really bright lights are too bright for many of the applications I want them for at work - when I'm doing the repair/millwright duties on our woodworking equipment for instance.

That said, the little 2 AAA Pelican that I carried for years - went through 3 I think - just wasn't bright enough for 50 year old eyes that require reading glasses. frown

One fine day whilst perusing ebay for my next adventure in flashlights, I happened upon this model which if I'm being honest hurts me on a couple levels as I really, really try not to buy goods made in and especially directly from this spot on the globe. frown

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-CREE-Q...t=US_Flashlights&hash=item43b7428e63

The short version is that now after 2 years plus of riding in the back pocket of my denims every working day, being dropped, stepped on and kicked multiple times - the stupid thing still works flawlessly.

I will say that being as it's a single AA battery it does eat that battery with fair enthusiasm. I've taken to putting some Locktite Silver Anti-Seize on the threads to keep them from galling as the battery gets changed out every month or so.

The clip loosened off after a year or so in my pocket, so the retaining screws got Red Locktite and haven't moved since.

A final plus is that the focusing bezel really works much better than I'd expected it to though.

Anyway Kenneth, again I know this isn't truly what you asked for, but it's been such a good little light - for under $15 CDN landed here - I thought I'd offer it for consideration.

Good luck in your search whichever way you decide and all the best to you in the upcoming week.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This little gem is always in my shirt pocket! Doesn't meet all of your criteria, since it uses one so called expensive battery(CR123). I use one 16340 rechargable. Great little EDC light.

IncenDio V3U Limited Edition (XM-L T6 NW) 190 Lumens (using 1xCR123) /
525 Lumens (using 1xR123/16340)

(WARNING: Do NOT run light on 500+ lumen mode for more than 1-2 minutes at a time - LED and/or battery damage can occur)

4-Mode - 5%, 15%, 40%, 100%
90+ minutes runtime on high, 1,500 minutes on low.
Batteries: 1xCR123 or 1xR123/16340 Li-Ion (2.0-4.2V MAX) or 18650 w/ optional battery tube
Activation: Half press to cycle between levels (Low, Medium, Normal, High), last level used is memorized.
To keep/lock a level as default - select desired level, 4 half-press within 1 second locks level (to unlock - 4 half-press within 1 second)
Reflector: OP Reflector
Length: 77mm
Bezel Diameter: 21.5mm
Body Diameter: 21.5mm
Weight: 36g (w/o battery)
Material: T6063 Aircraft Aluminum
Coating: Type III HA Dark Grey
Included Accessories: Spare 0-rings, switch cap, pocket clips, lanyard ring, holster.
FREE Diffuser Cap to convert Incendio into a lantern light.

More Info. on the V3U (NOTE: LumaPower Site info does not exist for the V3U XM-L as the XM-L Model is custom made for us by LumaPower)

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We use the Streamlight LED jr at work. It is bright and has a push button rear switch. It comes with it's own holster to be worn on the belt. It takes 2 AA batteries. The switch seems to be the weak point as we have seen some fail. But so far the life time replacement warranty has taken care of the problem.
http://www.brightguy.com/Streamlight/Streamlight+Jr+LED+Flashlight

By the way, I use this flashlight numerous time through out the day as do my co-workers. I work in a large printing plant as an electronic technician and am constantly reading prints and looking in electrical panels that require additional lighting. With my aging eyes, the light gets quite a workout each day.

Last edited by Cretch; 02/10/13. Reason: add comments
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Good morning Kenneth,

Happy Sunday! Sorry I didn't get right back to you. I was only saying your criteria would limit options. But I completely understand as I don't use my flashlights on a daily basis and if I did, I'd probably have a narrower criteria. I picked up some 3 AA Dorcys that I put in every vehicle, but the are a bit pudgier. In my hunting packs I carry the polymer G2X Pros that have 2 power settings, but the run on the 123A batteries and are a bit more pricey. I noticed someone recommended the 3AA flashlights from Cosco and they are very resilient. I know a lot of the guys that work at a nearby prison use the heck out of the with good reports.

Before I carried the Surefires, Streamlight was my go-to brand and I see they have a model that pretty much fits your criteria, so......

But there's lots of lights out there these days!

Best,

Bob

Last edited by Akbob5; 02/10/13.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Lots of good choices. Go to batteryjunction.com they have a ton of lights and lots of good information. Fast shipping and great customer service.
AF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (22250rem, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,236
Posts18,466,731
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.