Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've been pretty good lately,haven't got that many new rifles,since shutdown. Just hoping you guys had better luck than me. Brag a little.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry.....Any NEW stuff

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes!<P>Funny you should ask today!<P>My wife, who's been visiting her family in Hawaii for the past two weeks, while I've been home with 3 kids, called today and told me what she bought for me...<P>More T-shirts, socks, and underwear. [Linked Image]<P>Ain't that just the luck...<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
B-dub.<P>Bummer. You might ask for a "lei" when she gets home.<P> [Linked Image]<P>(sorry, I'm getting as bad as Tex).<P>Only new thing I've bought lately is some Vhitivory 560 powder. It comes up the most as least pressure with highest velocity loads when inputting data in Quick Load. Looking forward to trying it in my magnums.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I got toy sorta, and have not seen any of it? I got the rifle I am buying from flinch, that I won't have paid for till 2 weeks from today it looks like. I have a new Weaver Grand Slam scope in 3-10 50mm Obj sitting up at Pats place gathering dust. (grin) A match made in heaven I reckon? <P>I need a laser rangefinder. But I am trying to wait. I hear the "next generation" is almost here and much improved?<P>Cheers<P>Tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tex your friend Chris has some pretty impressive prices in the Bushnell 600's...Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last week I was in the big city (Anchorage) and picked up a couple of rifles one for me and one for my father.<P> I found a clearance out weatherby Mark V in 338WM for 513.00, and got it for myself. as for my dad I found him a Rem 700 BDL Varmint Special in 7-08 for 380.00 and couldn't resist. Both rifles were NIB. [Linked Image]<P> Pretty impressed with the Weatherby so far, it's shooting pretty nice (under an Inch), but I think it will do better. [Linked Image]<P> Paul

I can't spell... Deal with it...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Paul: Sweet deals! Make me whine big time. geez. <P>tex

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Tex,<P> I picked them up at the Air force base exchange.<P> Now if you want to hear something that'll make you cry, 2 months ago i was up there and found they had a 375H&H Rem 700 SS for, Now prepare yourself, 300.00. No S@#!. What should make you cry is that i didn't buy it, not enough money in the bank.<BR> Now when i returned home i remembered that i had a credit card with about 10 times that much room on it in my wallet and just forgot about it (try not to use plastic for my guns). Kinda wanted to kick my own a$$ after that. <P> i'm going to go cry now,<P> Paul

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Paul,you hurt me,with the VS in 7-08!.....

IC B3

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paul,<P>I bought my 416 Taylor donor rifle from the Elmandorf Exchange. Nice store, could use more rifles though. I wasn't aware they sold used rifles. But, I haven't been back since they opened the mega-store by the old hospital.<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I didnt get a new gun but the wife bought me a bushnell spotting scope. I know its cheap, but her heart was in the right place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a new rifle for my girls the other day, a single shot Lakefield(savage). I'll have to cut the stock some, but they'll do fine with their first rifle. Bought a box of ammo today for it, just for 'breaking it in', eh? Daddy's are supposed to do that, give the rifles the once over. My FFL buddy is looking for a new levergun for me, a stainless M92 45LC. Sold my 45-70 to some Nat Guard guy out of Anchorage. Moving all my guns to stainless, if I can help it. Plus, it gives me an excellent excuse to buy a new stainless Guide Gun 45-70. ~~~Suluuq

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wanted a GOOD Bolt action for practice and small game hunting and wound up buying a new<BR>Ruger 77/22 in 22 mag. It has the target Grey<BR>heavy barrel and Laminated stock. Stuck a Burris Signature 3x9x40 w/ Posi-Lock on it<BR>and I really love it. With the CCI Maxi-Mag<BR>HP's,it will average .97"@ 100yds for 3-shot<BR>groups. The CCI +V's average 3.2"!!!<P>The only thing I've done to it is, had my<BR>trusty local gunsmith hone the trigger down<BR>to 1.5lbs.<P>I hope to use it alot this summer on crows,<BR>groundhogs and who knows, might just give it<BR>a try on Wild Hogs(Head shots only). I plan<BR>on shooting it atleast three times a week<BR>for practice. May have to bring it with me<BR>when I go Hog hunting with Badger this spring.Oughta add a littlebit of excitement<BR>to the hunt! Take care...Littlebit<BR>

James
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Didn't get a new rifle. But Thursday the wife allowed me (after the fact) to get a new ATV. Now all I got to do is keep up the payments. Phil

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Hey littlebit: What did the ruger run? I love the 22mag, everyone keeps telling me that are not as accurate as the 22lr? If I can get what you are I would be thrilled!! Sounds like a cool rig.<P>Don't they do a 10/22 in the mag now also? Your boltgun would be more accurate I am sure but mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. The 10/22 would be a kick to shoot wouldn't it? Yoweeeeeeeeee. (grin)<P>tex<P>I love being able to fix stupid crap in my posts!!! Coem on guys hang around. <p>[This message has been edited by texas_hunter (edited January 28, 2001).]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got a 30-06 set up up from Pat. M70 Winchester, 4X leupold, Warne rings and bases, with Ashley ghost ring back up sights. Of course I bought new dies and I am going to try out the Barnes X bullets. I am looking for a donor M70 action for a 375. You guys have corrupted me.

B
B
About a month ago I picked up a TC Encore 308 stainless. Then just this week got the glass for it, a leupold 4X. Still need to sight it in. <P>All you guys using the Elmendorf exchange (thats where I got my "NEW STUFF"), Where are you located. I am out here in palmer.<P>See Ya<P>6X6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by texas_hunter:<BR><B>Hey littlebit: What did the ruger run? I love the 22mag, everyone keeps telling me that are not as accurate as the 22lr? If I can get what you are I would be thrilled!! Sounds like a cool rig.<P>Don't they do a 10/22 in the mag now also? Your boltgun would be more accurate I am sure but mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. The 10/22 would be a kick to shoot wouldn't it? Yoweeeeeeeeee. (grin)<P>tex<P>I love being able to fix stupid crap in my posts!!! Coem on guys hang around. <P>[This message has been edited by texas_hunter (edited January 28, 2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Tex,<BR>The 77/22 cost me $387.00. It has the look and feel of a centerfire bolt action rifle.<BR>I wanted something I could practice with and<BR>also hunt varmints with. The 22mag has more<BR>punch at 125yds than the 22rf has at the muzzle. I had read the stories about the <BR>ruger 77/22 but most were when Wilson was <BR>making their barrels. They are now made in-<BR>house. I bought 7 different types of ammo,<BR>cleaned the barrel and headed to my range.<BR>Some loads were terrible but two were very<BR>good. CCI Maxi-Mag HP and Winchester 40gr HP.<P>Ruger does indeed make a 10-22 Mag but I<BR>personally wanted a bolt action to hone my<BR>shooting skills in the off-season.<P>Good luck...Littlebit<BR><P>------------------<BR>If less is more,think how much more,<BR>more,really is.

James
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BW,<BR> They don't sell used rifles at the exchange. the rifles I bought were just old. guess that they had them for a while and just wanted to get rid of them.<BR> The new exchange is much nicer and they do carry more rifles and pistols but not much more.<P>BigBoss6X6,<P> I'm down here in Kenai, active duty Coast Guard. Transfer soon, I think that I'm getting orders to Wilmington, NC. But they haven't told me for sure yet.<P> You guy's with the 77/22Mags,<P> Try the remington 40gr Hollow points. I get them to shoot 5 shots under and inch at 100yrds. Best group has been .89.<P> Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.