Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
well, yes. but we seem to have variated off the center-line for some amount.

first we had yahweh, then Jesus, then later came Mohammed, and the Allah fella.

it's like the hurricanes lined up off the west coast of Africa, one storm after another, or said another way, one God lined up after the Other. yahweh, jesus, allah...

folks we gotta get a grip on this thing, or it's going to cause our ruination. ya know?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I live a simple life and try to be a better man each day, not in a manner that I get up and preach to every person I see, but in that I make a conscious effort to be kinder, more accepting, respectful towards those that I interact with, and aspire to be a warmer soul and less angry at the world.

I say my prayers daily and ask for help, guidance and forgiveness, and work to implement those factors into all my interactions. I realize I am far from anything perfect and can only hope to be more aware of my shortcomings at the end of another day.

I work hard at rejecting the shell of my former life and growing a new skin, and within that skin hopefully a better person will live. I know that who I used to be and who I am are two different people, and sometimes I don't even recognize the old me...and for that, I am grateful. I came into the world a Taker and hope to go out, a Giver.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One way.....

No man cometh unto the Father but by me.....That's because Jesus is the Father.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 219Zipper
I live a simple life and try to be a better man each day, not in a manner that I get up and preach to every person I see, but in that I make a conscious effort to be kinder, more accepting, respectful towards those that I interact with, and aspire to be a warmer soul and less angry at the world.

I say my prayers daily and ask for help, guidance and forgiveness, and work to implement those factors into all my interactions. I realize I am far from anything perfect and can only hope to be more aware of my shortcomings at the end of another day.

I work hard at rejecting the shell of my former life and growing a new skin, and within that skin hopefully a better person will live. I know that who I used to be and who I am are two different people, and sometimes I don't even recognize the old me...and for that, I am grateful. I came into the world a Taker and hope to go out, a Giver.

thank you for your most excellent explanation of who you are and where you are. the whole subject is very difficult to digest.

given a two-stranded DNA reality, we're limited to what we can know and what we can do. what we need is a four-stranded, or even 12 stranded DNA.

the world is quickly bouncing up against limits. we need an advancement in DNA capacity, then we'll add environmental consciousness to the Story. thank you for your comments. we gotta advance forward, from our own abilities, or in addition to the extra-terrestrial inputs. we're banging up against the limits of Consciousness, ya know?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you have a monkey and a tambourine ?

I know a street corner for rent.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Gus is like a pocket full of pebbles.

Kent

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Do you have a monkey and a tambourine ?

I know a street corner for rent.

ever corner my friend the Street Preacher engaged was for free, as per the local gov't enterprise. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Or a pocket (with a hole in it) formerly full of marbles? laugh

Like what I'd see if I still consulted (and insulted!) mirrors? frown

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Seems most agree it comes down the the acceptance/recognition/knowledge of the Holy Spirit that leads to salvation. If Christianity would stick to the story of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, it wouldn't take much preaching but would be received by many more. Kent

++ Amen, brother.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by krp
Seems most agree it comes down the the acceptance/recognition/knowledge of the Holy Spirit that leads to salvation. If Christianity would stick to the story of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, it wouldn't take much preaching but would be received by many more. Kent

++ Amen, brother.

Billy Graham kinda proved that.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
To no one on particular, there are many presuppositions without which we can't even DO science. Here is a list I copied from the thinkingmatters.org website. There is a bunch of more stuff available on the web, just google presupposition & scientism. Anyway, here is that list:

(1) The existence of a theory-independant world

(2) the orderly nature of the external word

(3) the knowability of the external world.

(4) the existence of the truth

(5) the laws of logic

(6) the reliability of our cognitive and sensory faculties to serve as truth gatherers and as a source of justified beliefs in our intellectual environment

(7) the adequacy of language to describe the world

(8) the existence of values used in science (honesty)

(9) the uniformity of nature and induction

(10) the existence of numbers.

None of these things can be proved BY science, but all must be presupposed in order to DO science. So science is not the only source of truth.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If a reading magazine article is enough to send you running traumatized to psychiatrist, I would suggest the internet is not a very healthy place for you!

The problem for me was the photos and facts in the article were irrefutable and contrary to what was being taught in schools. It should not make a difference where we discovered truth. (There is a name for discovering something one is not looking for: Serendipity.) It is what we do with the truth once we have it in front of us. Most reject the truth whether the truth is about science or The Truth, Jesus.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Then they should publish that in a peer reviewed scietific journal so everybody can know. Unless of course it's all BS.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
billhilly,

Maybe their peers will not let something be published that does not support the current scientific dogma.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Again, gentlemen, I suggest you who think the info would be published in normal peer reviewed publications need to educate yourselves by watching "Expelled! No intelligence allow."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Originally Posted by carbon12
What about the free will of the 6 million that were murdered? Was it God's will that they perish in a most heinous way to fulfill prophecy? Did those that were murdered petition the lord with prayer for a different fate? What about their free will?

Many Jews saw the signs and used their free will to get out of Germany, however, the exercise of free will doesn't guarantee an outcome. As for prayer, a person's free will is not denied if they don't get the answer they want. A parent not letting their young child play with power tools doesn't deny that child their free will, only their free action.

As for this notion of murder, all lives belong to God and He sets the number of each person's days. By the definition of some on this thread, God setting the number of a person's days is murder. If so, that leads to the absurd notion that God has murdered everyone. You can't judge God's actions as if He were a man.

Originally Posted by carbon12
For who is Biblical prophecy for anyway? If for Man, couldn't a merciful God do something else to achieve the same effect with a lot less mayhem?

Fulfillment of Biblical prophecy demonstrates the authenticity of scripture being the word of God. The fulfillment of many OT prophecies by Jesus demonstrates His authenticity as the Christ. "And we have something more sure, the prophetic word, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts," -- 2 Peter 1:19

As for God doing "something else to achieve the same effect with a lot less mayhem", the answer is no. There is a perfectly coherent explanation for the mayhem, but you would have to apply your God given brain to long hours of study. What are the odds of that?

All that verbiage and it boils down to this:

MacLorry argues that Hitler�s murder of 6 million people was a God mediated plan. The days of the murdered were already numbered. The murders were sanctioned by God from the beginning of the beginning.

If this is the case, shouldn�t Hitler get a free pass? Why should Hitler bear any responsibility for the Holocaust? Hitler was but an actor in a series of inevitable events for the recreation of Israel as Biblical prophesy demands.

Nazi apologist comes to mind.

MacLorry�s version of Man�s relationship to God resembles a liberal political philosophy.

Why should there be personal responsibility when a higher power is in charge?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I AM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything that happens is predestined but you don't get a free pass. Romans 8&9.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Everything that happens is predestined but you don't get a free pass. Romans 8&9.

A state of absurdity is the ultimate fate if one follows, eyes wide open, the framers of Biblical scriptures.

The word of God ain't words.

Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.