24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am looking for members that have used either one of these reticles and give me the pro and cons of both. I dont need the why dont you buy the Leupold,Nightforce etc rant that usually happens here. I am a Swarovski fan and that is what I want your opinion on. I have twisted turrets and now I want to try a TDS reticle.This scope will be used on coyote's to elk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I hunt, therefore I am.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jetbrook - I know you didn't want other suggestions, but mine is very much in line with what you want - I'd try to find a gently used tds if I were you. I'm a TDS slut (have 25 or so) and have tried both the brx and brh. I found the brx to be too fine, and the brh was very good, but "busy" compared to the tds. If I had to pick I'd definitely take the brh. Good luck - can't go wrong with any of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another vote for the BRX if you are varmint hunting. Big game, I would opt for the BRH reticle, it will be easier to see under all lighting conditions. I have both, only 1 of which is a BRH on my 22-250, I am thinking of replacing it with the BRX.

These are very good reticles and I don't really know if I would prefer the older TDS over the BRX, they are both good reticles, the BRX is in the newest version of Swarovski scopes...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Killer,
Shrapnel,
Thats exactly what I was looking for. The TDS is not quite as busy as the BRH but I think i could get used to it. Was wanting to know if the BRH was to heavy or if the BRX was to light. You and Schrapnel answered both my questions. Did look at a Leica with the IBS reticle and liked it but favor the Swarovski's more just because I have owned quite a few of them.That was easy not one Leupold or Zeiss mentioned.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Kilmer thanks for the linc.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jetbrook
That was easy not one Leupold or Zeiss mentioned.

Lol - give it a few more minutes smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
I found the brx to be too fine, and the brh was very good
Like KillerTraylor, I've shot/owned all 3(TDS,BRH,BRX). The BRH & TDS is perfect for hunting and the Swaro caculator is easy to use. If you have a bionic eye like Steve Austin, then the super-fine BRX will work. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Another vote for the BRX if you are varmint hunting. Big game, I would opt for the BRH reticle, it will be easier to see under all lighting conditions. I have both, only 1 of which is a BRH on my 22-250, I am thinking of replacing it with the BRX.

These are very good reticles and I don't really know if I would prefer the older TDS over the BRX, they are both good reticles, the BRX is in the newest version of Swarovski scopes...

I agree with what shrapnel & others said above.
The BRH is the better big game hunting reticle.
The BRX is finer lines and the better for targets and varmints.
I personally prefer the older TDS - sometimes you can still find them.
FWIW, sometimes you can find an older Kahles with the same TDS from when Swarovski was the mother company for them - they are excellent scopes; IME in line with the Swarovski optically and have been better at tracking and return to zero for me than the Swarovski have been - YMMV..................
Good luck,
Ted smile

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I took a Z3 4-12x50 BRH reticle to South Africa with me, mounted on a .300 Win Mag. It proved amazingly accurate over several known lasered distances, matching up with the drop charts I created from Swarovski's ballistics program. I would highly recommend the BRH reticle, as it proved much more visible in a side-by-side comparo between it and the BRX.

-John

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Meopta has the best offering available in ballistic reticles. Email us at mcwhorterriflesbellsouth.net for details. This information is not widely available but will be on their web site soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (12344mag, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 88 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.