Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
azcoues Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
did anyone hear about this - kinda wierd - you know how much money is spent on outdoors and sports equipement every year ! billions!!

Be sure and look at the Cabela receipt and see the Medical Excise tax that they refused to hide from the public.

Be sure to look at the Cabela'' receipt.

Also read at the bottom of the page to find out �some of the things� you will be charged Medical Excise tax on!

Medical Excise Tax on Retail Receipts Show How We�re Being Taken

ATS Members have flagged this thread 13 times

A reader sent along an image of a sales receipt from Cabela�s, a popular sporting goods store.

The receipt (pictured at left) spells out what Healthcare and the feds want to keep secret � the middle class is being heavily taxed despite all the fatuous rhetoric of Congress who invariably play the class warfare card to sell their confiscatory taxation policies.

�The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be �hidden� from the consumer, but it�s been brought to the public�s attention by hunting and fishing store Cabela�s who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts,� the email states.

Now please hold on and bear with me before you say "OH, another Alex Jones article!" because I did some research and found directly from the IRS's website information that PROVES this to be true and an accurate portrayal of something hidden in Healthcare that most were not aware of!

Now being skeptical of this I went to the IRS website and found this!

Q1. What is the medical device excise tax?

A1. Section 4191 of the Internal Revenue Code imposes an excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices by the manufacturer or importer of the device.

Q2. When does the tax go into effect?

A2. The tax applies to sales of taxable medical devices after Dec. 31, 2012.

Q3. How much is the tax?

A3. The tax is 2.3 percent of the sale price of the taxable medical device. See Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510, Excise Taxes, and Notice 2012-77 for additional information on the determination of sale price.

IRS.gov

So being more curious I clicked on "Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510" And WALLAH! What do I find under "MEDICAL DEVICES" under "MANUFACTURERS TAXES"?

Manufacturers Taxes

The following discussion of manufacturers taxes applies to the tax on:
Sport fishing equipment;
Fishing rods and fishing poles;
Electric outboard motors;
Fishing tackle boxes;
Bows, quivers, broad heads, and points;
Arrow shafts;
Coal;
Taxable tires;
Gas guzzler automobiles;

and
Vaccines.

IRS.gov

I think we have definitely been fooled, if we believe that the Affordable Care Act is all about health

care. It truly does appear to be nothing more than a bill laden with a whole lot of taxes that we the

people have yet to be aware of!

Attached Images
Mail.jpg (38.79 KB, 98 downloads)

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We stop at 1 yesterday and my bud bought some things for his DAD and his receipt didn't show anything about this tax anywhere on it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
it seems that publication 510 is a fuel and transportation related tax.
however, for some reason, manufacture taxes are there too and apply to sporting equipment.
i dont see the relation to obama care...

...ok, so i just read on page 2 where it states is part of the "affordable care act" AKA obama care! fuggin bastards!

publication 510

a 10% tax is charged along with the local sales tax.... mad

take a look at who's exempt....

Last edited by steelheadslayer; 02/24/13.

=========================================================
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No, no, no, it was a glitch in Cabelas system and only on the 1st of January. I'm sure all the misinformation will be flying around for months.

We got enough to work on without making more [bleep] up.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've read that the new taxes are really hammering the makers of medical devices. Some of them have had large layoffs just to try to stay profitable. The costs to us (via insurance premiums) are going to jump dramatically.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've read that the new taxes are really hammering the makers of medical devices. Some of them have had large layoffs just to try to stay profitable. The costs to us (via insurance premiums) are going to jump dramatically.

Just to clarify, the medical device tax is of the GROSS SALES amount, which according to my tax guy - unprecendented. 2.3% tax at that line item is a HUGE
amount due to the small margins some of these manufactures work with.

"We have to pass the bill to see what's in it" - Remember?

Elections matter.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Companies will be treading on thin ice for the forseeable future as there accounting offices attempt to interpret new tax law plus what is already signed as new gun control laws.
Look at what Midway USA did as a result of trying to conform to the NY state laws.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
is there published list that is easy to locate of republicans who voted for Obama care ?

"vote it to see whats in it!"

wow.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
IIRC, no republicans voted for it. It happened in the first two years when zero controlled all three branches of tyranny.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
is there published list that is easy to locate of republicans who voted for Obama care ?

"vote it to see whats in it!"

wow.

Here is the answer to your question.

In the House, the vote was 219 Yeah and 212 Nay. All the Republicans voted against it with 34 Democrats also voting against it.

In the Senate, the vote was strictly party lines - 60 Dems to 39 Repubs.

With respect to the Medical Excise Tax, there are currently 16 US Democrat Senators who are attempting to eliminate or delay the implementation of this onerous tax. Including our two morons in Minnesota: Klobuchar and Franken.
Why? A rather large medical manufacturing presence here.

Elections Matter

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
And these Democrats bitch about companies moving off shore!

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I posted a link to the publication on fb, it seems not many knew of this....good find.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
458 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.