-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Has anyone used this combination? With powder so hard to find right now I would like to find a load using this combo. I have read about people doing it but can't find any data on where to start at?

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The only way to use Unique in the .222 is in a cast bullet load. Not with a jacketed one!!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Ok thanks

G
G
Body feels not good, MapleStory Goldthen go to the hospital for examination, the doctor asked X-rayed, X-ray, MD wrote diagnosis, and then I took the diagnosis and film to the doctor. Surprisingly, the doctors took X-ray diagnosis began shaking his head, his mouth Gee, I was immediately pumped wow cool, want to ask the doctor left how long results that doctors say is: "Oh, now young doctors, the handwriting is really bad. "Buy WOW Gold

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JASON50CAL
Ok thanks

That is incorrect...

Unique can be used with cast bullet loads utilizing jacketed bullets... most load data is available in Cast Bullet manuals..

Unique will equate to approximately 22 Win Mag speeds...

Max load listed with say a 54 grain cast bullet is a charge of 8 grains of Unique, giving an MV of 2200 or so fps.. with a pressure of < 40,000 CUP...

with a 41 grain cast bullet, 8 grains of Unique lists a max pressure of <36,000 CUP with an MV of 2444 fps..

Don't exceed and don't use filler... small rifle or small pistol primers either can be used... Rem 6 1/2 primers are perfect.

You can use cast bullet data for jacketed loads, as the pressures used in cast loads are FAR below what these cartridges are usually rated for...

most people who speak against doing this, have never tried it.. or they screwed up and condemn the entire concept...

or they know a friend, who has a friend, who has another friend, that screwed up...

8 grains per load, will give one 875 rounds out of a pound of powder...

a 40 grain bullet, and you have a round more than capable for 200 to 250 yd prairie dogs, which is about the distance 80% or more of them are taken..

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by goodmmohome
Body feels not good, MapleStory Goldthen go to the hospital for examination, the doctor asked X-rayed, X-ray, MD wrote diagnosis, and then I took the diagnosis and film to the doctor. Surprisingly, the doctors took X-ray diagnosis began shaking his head, his mouth Gee, I was immediately pumped wow cool, want to ask the doctor left how long results that doctors say is: "Oh, now young doctors, the handwriting is really bad. "Buy WOW Gold

F/Off SPAM Troll...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I set up an old Marlin 322 for use with full power .222 ( 20 gr. RL7 and 50 grain bullets) and reduced loads using Unique. At the time, a friend and I were heavy into squirel hunting and the .22 rimfires we had weren't cutting it. So we started playing around with reduced loads of Unique with startingly pleasing results.

Headshots on grey squirrels were the norm even out to well over 100 yards across cornfields.Head shots were the norm and meat damage was minimal if shots somehow got misdirected. Groups out of a couple different rifles ran about an inch or less at 100 yards.

Just checked the old chrono data and 6 grs. Unigue with a 50 gr. jacketed bullet was right around 1800. Just be careful not to double load a case and segregate your cases.

I think we got the idea from one of C.E. Harris's articles in one ofthe gun rags. Maybe you can Google it.Unique coupled with the .222 is a very rewarding project.

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,112
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.