Hop To
Page 1,215 of 2,579 1 2 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 2578 2579
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Tanner
eek

I will have to consult the Old Man on that one. I don't know if I have the skillz.

Tiz easy.....Strip old finish with Zip Strip- just say "no" to sandpaper. Steam the dents up, whisker the wood , rub down with steel wool, start applying THIN coats of Antique Minwax or Tru-oil,go over with 4 ought steel wool between coats, keep adding coats till you are done( may take 20+) If its too shiny, rub with automotive rubbing compound, and finish by buffing with a clean rag. Voila!

Tanner, please keep in mind Poobs is talking about how to polish a gunstock here, this has nothing to with whiskering yourself!

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
For a full gallon of Blantons Ill teach you how to Zebra stripe a stock.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
eek

I will have to consult the Old Man on that one. I don't know if I have the skillz.

Tiz easy.....Strip old finish with Zip Strip- just say "no" to sandpaper. Steam the dents up, whisker the wood , rub down with steel wool, start applying THIN coats of Antique Minwax or Tru-oil,go over with 4 ought steel wool between coats, keep adding coats till you are done( may take 20+) If its too shiny, rub with automotive rubbing compound, and finish by buffing with a clean rag. Voila!

Tanner, please keep in mind Poobs is talking about how to polish a gunstock here, this has nothing to with whiskering yourself!
Can't I whisker myself and the gunstock at the same time?

Thanks for the rundown Poobz. Might be time to try it out...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eek

TFF.
Thanks Sam.
I too, was beginning to wonder.
Steel wool and 20+ times. That [bleep] must be John Wayne.......

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Good one Sammo, he would probably mistake this for some type of 'Manscaping' on his metrosexual self....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And good morning fellow wood whiskerers!

-2F at the rez palace this morning.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
11 degrees in the Banana Belt! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tough crowd laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SSB
Pointer, what is the whitetail hunting like in your AO for out of staters? I need to start looking into neighboring states a bit closer. Time seems to be slipping by......
Tags are fairly cheap for NRs. There are a few draw hunts, but they're not all that great as they are mostly only 1 day deals. IME for anything north of Indianapolis, public ground is very pressured. Some produce good bucks, but I'd say it's a low odds crap shoot. Larger tracts of public in central/southern Indiana allow one to hunt with a few less folks, but still pretty pressured. If you can get access to a good place it can be very good, but IMO most those are on private and it's not all that easy to get permission.

That said, if you don't mind driving to the southern part of the state I could help point you in some directions, especially if you have a boat, and may even have a place for you to stay.

Clear as mud?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Morning to all you rainbow flag waiving types....maybe this will give you pause to think???

[Linked Image]

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OH, and BTW, the BTE is about to surpass the Sniper thread for most views....

Ingwe,

Not quite !

Only another 800,000 odd views to go !!

You guys better get at it, or some of us will not be around to see it happen !

eek

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We on the BTE will not be pressured.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We're not into status symbols, we like boobs.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
We're not into status symbols, we like boobs.

Yes we do.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are status symbols. Very soon boobs will flock to us.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pointer....do we need said boat to reach the hunting grounds? Or would you like to trade some Great Lakes Fishing time for some hunting time?.......You may have just hit on the one thing I am semi skilled at.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SSB
Pointer....do we need said boat to reach the hunting grounds? Or would you like to trade some Great Lakes Fishing time for some hunting time?.......You may have just hit on the one thing I am semi skilled at.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I was meaning to reach some out of the way places, but after looking at that pic I'll change my answer to BOTH! wink

I'm far from having the deer figured out, but would be more than willing to help point you to some public land areas with deer. I own a small bit down that way with my BIL, but we do border public land. Where my cabin's at there's actually quite a bit of public accessible lands by Indiana standards. The boundaries are a bit off, but the red square is my place. Anything inside the blue or green is open to the public, just to give you an idea.
[Linked Image]

Great fish pics! I'd also be more than willing to foot the fuel bill for a day or so of fishing if you ever need an extra on board. laugh

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
What does any of this have to do with boobs?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Morning to all you rainbow flag waiving types....maybe this will give you pause to think???

[Linked Image]

7x57.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 1,215 of 2,579 1 2 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 43 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,518
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.