-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
I HAVE A .243 TRADEWINDS looking for a magazine or clip.not sure if its hva or the krico.i am still waiting for rifle.should be tomorow.im, sure the mag is the same.

GB1

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Look up 24HCF member SBHVA, as he is the resident expert on all things Husqvarna.

Jeff

I read on another forum that Steve (SBHVA) passed away recently.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
T
T
ok just took delivery of my new-old husqavarna .243. ser#269666 wierd ser num.i dont have a camera ill get a pic to show it off.the krico.tradewinds only came in 222. and was designed by carl gustav.I have the hva sweeden 1 in .243.win.and i am so happy and the scope is vintage kowa 4x jap one.and the scope rings are strange.but the gun is sweet.

T
T
i have a verry strange rifle i got with the husky..its a italian m38 short rifle 1939.and it got sporterized.i got it 4 free .i looked online and in millitary config 425.bucks.7.35 cal

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SD_Hunter
I have a Husky 5000 in 270. It shoots OK. It is an HVA action that was sold by Husqvarna and assembled in another factory. If you have not yet purchased the rifle, I would suggest checking the bore with a bore scope. Many of the rifles of that era were not adequately cleaned and pitting can be a problem. I have no complaints about the rifle, but I really don't use it much. I have other complete Husqvarna rifles that I absolutely love.

If you would like to contact SBHVA I would suggest that you go to http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50 and post a request on the Swedish Sporting Rifles forum and he will get back to you promptly. As was indicated in an earlier post, he is the master when it comes to the Husqvarna rifles.

Also, there are other Husqvarna rifles that are available that were completely assembled by Husqvarna. You might take a look at Alan's Armory - he has some Husqvarna 1600 & 1640 rifles (Mauser actions) that are great deals. The 1900 action Husqvarnas were imported into the US under the Smith & Wesson, FFV Sports, Tradewinds and Carl Gustaf. Absolutely wonderful actions.

Good Luck.

No, it wasn't assembled in another factory. Husky H5000's were built and assembled at the Husqvarna Vapenfabriks in Huskvarna Sweden. They were imported by Tradewinds.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Jordan, it sounds like you have the same rifle. It has a schnabel forend and some very pretty grain in the wood. The only ding I see on the rifle is a chip out of the stock at the tang. Otherwise, it is nearly a new rifle. I haven't looked at the bore with a bore scope, but a I have looked at it with a bore light, and to the naked eye, it is very clean.

I will try to catch up with the Husky guru, and see what he has to say.

Thanks for the information.
CT

I have the same rifle. It kicks like a beast but shoots well enough. Huskies have always been desired for their superior Swedish steel. Huskies always chip at the tang on the stock. reason is because if you take the stock off you'll see there is a metal collar in the stock that the rear Stock bolt slides through. The wood shrinks over time and the collar sticks out on either end which bottoms the bolt out on the collar. A file gets that metal collar back tot he right size in short order, preventing further cracks or chips.

Last edited by moosemike; 03/08/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
Man you are like the lone ranger. I ask questions and you show up with help. Thanks again, Grasshopper.

CT,

That comes from having a lot of time and being snowed in. smile Also blessed with a respectable reference library. grin

I consider about $450 to be a reasonable price for a Husqvarna. Whether a Tradewinds import or not. If one can buy for less then that's a good thing. smile

My favorite is the M-4100 LWT. which has a 20.75" bbl. and is fairly light weight. I have one in .270 that is a S&W import. But then I've never been a fan of ridiculously long barrels unless on a target rifle. Also I hunt out of a stationary blind and the shorter rifles definitely handle better. AFAIC, velocity is moot until one exceeds reasonable range. Since I cannot see much beyond 100 yds, velocity doesn't concern me. smile (As I compete in Hi-power and BPC Silhouette, I get plenty of long range practice. And I know that anything beyond the Pigs is fairly safe from me barring an accident. ) smile OK! So I'm a fairly lousy long range shot... I'm not ashamed to admit the truth. blush

In a conversation with Colorado gunsmith, Ray Montgomery a few years ago, he told me that the Husqvarna is his favorite action to build on, bar none! Another consideration, is that the barrel threads are small enough that Remington M-700 take-off barrels can be rethreaded to fit them. smile That makes for a cheap calibre conversion.

Grasshopper

I have the 4100 lightweight Husky in .30-06 too. That one really kicks!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am guessing in the neighborhood of 400-425 on this one. It is good to know that a Remington 700 barrel can be rethreaded to fit.

All I need now is a Remington classic takeoff in 8x57 and I would be cooking with gas!

There is a Remington Classic in 8X57 at a shop near me right now for $600.

As far as rebarreling a Husky, I wouldn't do it because the beauty of a Husky is the desirable Swedish steel. If I ever shoot any of mine out I'll have them rebored but not rebarreled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Look up 24HCF member SBHVA, as he is the resident expert on all things Husqvarna.

Jeff

SBHVA (Steve) passed away last fall.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (280fan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,286
Posts18,467,868
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.