24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Twould seem, too, that from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada'd be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go (about 2,300 miles) for an assignation.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EWY
Get divorced or run away or whatever. Divorce is cheaper than life in prison.
Don't go screwing married women, it might cost more than you think.

Ernie

Here's proof that some people don't read the thread before they say stupid crap. IT WAS A PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP!

Please have respect people

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
some folks always want to believe the worst....I am so sorry for both families, especially the children.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My thoughts and prayers are with Greg's family and the woman and her child.

My extreme consternation is with those here who have muttered disrespect and lack of class in jumping to conclusions.

If there is KARMA you have just scribed hash marks in the wrong column.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I've made my earlier comment and stand by it.

With that said...FB, there are many,many women who have sat on the other side of my desk who had sought shelter at their folk's home.

Simply a career observation. Take it as you will.

This smells because of the murder. The authors of the articles published today didn't help with their vernacular or implied suggestions,either.

If you were a lawyer sitting in a consult with one of the parties or witnesses, and you had already read the newspaper articles, where would your brain be taking you?

I sure hope this ends the way most wish it would end but 25 years of dealing with these type dynamics suggest this was far more intricate than just a simple employer/employee relationship.

As for speculation, it's the rule, not the exception at the 24H Campfire.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
It makes me sick that most of the posts on this thread are disparing Greg rather than the POS murderer. Some people are just pathetic.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One thing I can guarantee you, I'll never be gunned down late at night by a jealous husband, while drinking wine with a female business associate (his wife) at her mother's house, while mother is away.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Little Weener Syndrome is a malady that affects many men in our society. It's here with us every dang day. Some are just a PITA and tiresome while being daily predictable......while some take it to the maniacal and murderous level...even tho they aren't schizo, bi-polar, or clinically depressed.....or fawked up on coke. Just ask OJ Simpson.

The ego of an insecure man will sometimes stop at nothing to make it feel better. I, unfortunately, have HUGE stories and an extensive amount of experience watching this happen.

If the murderer had a rip-roaring case of LWS..........and if he perceived that his wifey was waaaaaay more successful and happy due to Greg's HUGE legitimately earned success....even if there was no sex involved..........then he might indeed open fire in order to tranquilize his feelings of......shortness.

There is nothing on this planet that outshines the importance of catering to the pathetic male ego. Nothing.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 03/08/13.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Because it may appear by the circumstances and outcome that the murderer/husband could have thought there were shenanigan's, implies only that - a guy suspected shenanigans and shot another guy over it. Doesn't mean it did/didn't happen.

Because, secondly, sure probably 8-9 of 10 times that is the case (shenanigans) behind these murders. But who's the 1-2 out of 10 where it turns out it wasn't the case? Probably decent people. Like acquaintances appear to regard Greg R as.

As was said, all manner of possibilities: drunk, drug, love-stupid-irrational-idiot, marriage-problems-idiot, random-idiot-flew-off-the-handle-idiot, off-his-meds-idiot, or known only to God - we just don't know today.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some people descend into a gutter mentality at the slightest provocation. Some people think that a man and a woman cannot have a relationship that is not sexual. When a man and a woman have a relationship, a professional one, there is an assumption that he is "doing" her. Minds in the gutter.

I imagine this killers mind was in that gutter. A control freak thinking his wife is doing, or wanting to do, every man that speaks to her. Falling in line with that mentality gives your personal validation of it. It shows your weakness of character.

That being said, if you wish to accuse someone of adultery you damn well better have the irrefutable evidence to back it up. Just because you might want to do that, or have done that, doesn't mean he did. Don't impose your sins, or your hidden desire to sin, on others.

Last edited by Armednfree; 03/08/13.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Certainly broadens the use of "visiting".

Never understood this. If I had found a woman unfaithful I'd consider the 3rd as doing me a favor. Rather be rid of both in my life.

It is obvious that you have a good wife for IF this had ever happened to you, you would understand what the hell happened here! Some can walk away from a woman who wanders and some cannot. It is a hard decision to make under damned hard conditions and circumstances at the time it happens. That is why police officers do NOT care to have to get involved in 'family' or domestic disputes! There are NO winners; only losers and some more so than others. All the circimstanial evidence here points to something going on that shouldn't have been going. If nothing was going on, then Rodriguez was a fool for putting himself in the position to make it look like it was! THAT is reality and life! Been there, lived it and thank God I walked away though at the time I really didn't want to do that! You really can't say what you would do until you have lived through it; it's too emotional at the time! But, I'll say this: YOU do want to kill something at the moment of discovery! You really do!!

Last edited by Darrel; 03/08/13.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by EWY
Get divorced or run away or whatever. Divorce is cheaper than life in prison.
Don't go screwing married women, it might cost more than you think.

Ernie

Here's proof that some people don't read the thread before they say stupid crap. IT WAS A PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP!

Please have respect people

you don't really know this, no more than others thinking something might have been going on between the two. A smart man just doesn't have a Professional Relationships in another man home, alone with his wife, that is if you like living. If you get caught with another man wife and you kill him or he kills you , you lose on both counts.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RISJR
I've made my earlier comment and stand by it.

With that said...FB, there are many,many women who have sat on the other side of my desk who had sought shelter at their folk's home.

Simply a career observation. Take it as you will.

This smells because of the murder. The authors of the articles published today didn't help with their vernacular or implied suggestions,either.

If you were a lawyer sitting in a consult with one of the parties or witnesses, and you had already read the newspaper articles, where would your brain be taking you?

I sure hope this ends the way most wish it would end but 25 years of dealing with these type dynamics suggest this was far more intricate than just a simple employer/employee relationship.

As for speculation, it's the rule, not the exception at the 24H Campfire.

I didn't see your particular comment, I skipped much of the thread.

I was just pointing out that it was not an obvious conclusion to jump to, in my humble opinion. Married men with kids, don't usually go around the families of tail they're getting on the side. When you're married and banging married tail, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be seen with friends, family or associates of any involved parties.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Darrel
� If nothing was going on, then Rodriguez was a fool for putting himself in the position to make it look like it was! �

Oh?

Evidence?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If nothing was going on, then Rodriguez was a fool for putting himself in the position to make it look like it was!

Agreed. You have to be able to anticipate and to predict the male ego. And you should be able to protect yerself from it after the age of 21.......okay, I'll give you dudes until the age of 30.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 03/08/13.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
prayers for the kids.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This is what I know. I know that I enjoyed Greg's writings, especially when he wrote about adventures with his children. I enjoyed watching his television shows, his modest calm nature in front of the camera made for good shows

And I know that the world will be much poorer without him

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all very sad. No stones here, not our role.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever the real reason he was there it cost him his life and his family a lot of misery.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dunno anything about each parties kids and survivors.......but I sincerely hope that they will overcome this mind-blowing tragedy of human nature. Unfortunately........there are many similar ones in our history...........and my best suggestion is to find the way to get past this as it ain't the first or only one.

I have recently enjoyed Greg's NUMEROUS articles, web postings, and TV shows that yielded great info and expertise. I was gonna call him about my proposed upcoming Aussy buff hunt and a credible Africa plains game safari.........but today NOT. I didn't know who he was 3 years ago.......but today I'm aghast at this news.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (007FJ, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,797 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.