Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Excerpted from a article posted about 3 hours ago. Excerpted because the rest of the article simply repeated the same accomplishments of Mr. Rodriguez we've already read throughout the day.
----------------

By MATT VOLZ , Associated Press

HELENA, Mont. (AP) � A northwestern Montana man shot and killed the host of the Sportsman Channel show �A Rifleman�s Journal� in an apparent jealous rage while the TV personality was visiting the shooter�s wife, police said Frida

Wayne Bengston, 41, then beat his wife, took his 2-year-old son to a relative�s house and drove to his home about 25 miles away in West Glacier, where he killed himself, Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said.

�It�s pretty much an open-and-closed case. Homicide and suicide,� Dial said.

Police identified the shooting victim as Gregory G. Rodriguez, 43, of Sugar Land, Texas. Bengston�s wife told police that Rodriguez was in town on business and visiting her at her mother�s house in Whitefish when her husband showed up Thursday at about 10:30 p.m.

Rodriguez and the woman, who works for a firearms manufacturer in the Flathead Valley, met at a trade show and struck up a casual relationship that police do not believe was romantic, Dial said.

She and Rodriguez were sitting at the kitchen table, talking over a glass of wine, when Bengston entered the house and shot Rodriguez, Dial said.

He then beat his wife on the face and head, most likely with the pistol, he said. She was treated at a hospital and released.

Gregory Rodriguez (AP Photo/Whitefish Police Department)
Gregory Rodriguez (AP Photo/Whitefish Police Department)

�I think it was a jealous husband, but this is all conjecture,� Dial said..."

Last edited by RISJR; 03/08/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
http://proofresearch.com/heres-proof/

is the workplace of the woman that Greg was visiting with. I had never heard of this business until now.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could care less if a fella gets shot sticking his pecker where it doesn't belong(if that's the case here).

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by 458Win
The women Greg was visiting was a business acquaintance and I think was also probably an employee. She Was also a close friend of my daughter and had recently been in a bad auto accident , which was why Greg was visiting.
It was a bad deal all around.

Phil, thanks for injecting some reason into this discussion. I hate the way everyone wants to believe the worst about Greg, instead of the gentle truth.

I hear this -

We will see if anyone who posted initial BS on this thread has any remorse but I highly doubt that -

+1 million ..If these clowns were on fire I wouldn't piss on them. This inspite of the fact that a few posters know of the deceased and his business dealings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we're to believe the people who knew 'em and knew the situation,

� Rodriguez was visiting, "on business," from about 2,300 miles away, presumably temporarily.
� The lady had just been in a serious car accident.
� The lady may well have been a prospective employee or business associate.
� For whatever reason and for whatever period, the lady was at her mother's home � recuperating? just visiting?
� The husband broke-in and starting shooting, apparently without any preliminary conversation or identification.

Don't we normally visit others' homes in complete innocence, and with no expectation of violence?

Just exactly where, in all that we've learned so far, is there any suggestion or evidence that Rodriguez shouldn't've been there in complete innocence and with no expectation of violence?

Where is there any suggestion of evidence that he knew (or should've known) of discord between the lady and her husband?

Where is there any suggestion, in anything that we've learned so far, that Rodriguez was somehow foolish for being there?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
The women Greg was visiting was a business acquaintance and I think was also probably an employee. She Was also a close friend of my daughter and had recently been in a bad auto accident , which was why Greg was visiting.

Thank you Phil for posting this. Some of the vitriol here is just way out of line. 3 young kids will live without a father because of this and all some of you can do is pass trashy opinions to make you look smart. Well, you're all a bunch of
dumb a**'s. Show some respect for the wives left behind to raise fatherless kids at least. Leave your trashy opinions in the gutter where they belong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Sitting at the kitchen table" � sounds like just the place to be putting one's pecker where it doesn't belong, doesn't it?

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's often a great choice, but that doesn't mean it's the case here...We don't know and may never know. What Wayne chose to do is terrible, horribly tragic and very sad....

Last edited by highridge1; 03/08/13.

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
http://proofresearch.com/heres-proof/

is the workplace of the woman that Greg was visiting with. I had never heard of this business until now.

One of the owners is a long-time, well respected personal friend of mine. I've hunted with him and dealt with him. I'll readily take his word and accept his judgement on anything that he knows of, without doubt, suspicion, or question.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
"Sitting at the kitchen table" � sounds like just the place to be putting one's pecker where it doesn't belong, doesn't it?

Naw

But like I said, if there's more to the story and he stuck his pecker where it didn't belong, I'm quite fine with him or any other fella getting shot for it.

It's amusing how this would come as a shock to some of you.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Proof research is a newer company that is growing and appears to be doing very well. They are about 10 miles from me.

1 and done
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The plot thickens.......

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
If we're to believe the people who knew 'em and knew the situation,

� Rodriguez was visiting, "on business," from about 2,300 miles away, presumably temporarily.
� The lady had just been in a serious car accident.
� The lady may well have been a prospective employee or business associate.
� For whatever reason and for whatever period, the lady was at her mother's home � recuperating? just visiting?
� The husband broke-in and starting shooting, apparently without any preliminary conversation or identification.

Don't we normally visit others' homes in complete innocence, and with no expectation of violence?

Just exactly where, in all that we've learned so far, is there any suggestion or evidence that Rodriguez shouldn't've been there in complete innocence and with no expectation of violence?

Where is there any suggestion of evidence that he knew (or should've known) of discord between the lady and her husband?

Where is there any suggestion, in anything that we've learned so far, that Rodriguez was somehow foolish for being there?

I suppose in this day and age it is common for a man to visit a married woman without the husband at home.I would never do it and wouldn't expect my wife to have a male friend over when I wasn't home either.The scripture tells us to avoid the very appearance of evil.I will do everything possible to never even be alone with a woman other than my wife.

I have no idea what happened here but I suspect the husband at least thought something was going on.It is a terrible tragedy for everyone involved,especially the children but it may be one we can also learn from.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Howdy, Ken.

I'm by no means suggesting that Greg was participating in shenanigans. He was actually one of the few remaining outdoor writers who had my interest and respect. I am staggering tonite over this.......I actually can't believe it.

However......I'm no spring chicken when it comes to 'things' in our society. I'm also no virgin when it comes to being a bad boy.........and at times a total piece-of-sheet. I get that and I'm fine with that with no rewards requested by me in this life.

But what if I was a good boy??? We all need to grow up and understand the simple element of human psychology in our modern day society. If I was a good boy......and if I asked one of our ladies to lunch who works right here in City Hall with me.....just for company.....given I'm a single dude........and even if she's married or not........wouldn't she perceive this request......and wouldn't aalllll others perceive this situation.........that I wanna hide the salami with her and that that is my sole motive and deesire?

This is just the way it is, Ken. Normal 2013 human thoughts, behaviors and psychology apply here today.

Sorry, Ken......but our present society has a one-track mind. You can't change this. Don't even try.

Perhaps the murderer here in this case was trained by our present minds........and Greg was still in 1957.

C

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 03/08/13.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With more and more women working in the business world today, it's increasingly probable that any given man-woman contact is directly related to business and completely devoid of hanky-panky.

I've worked in many offices with many women all around me, since the 1940s. I've worked FOR women as well as WITH women. Even where there was hanky-panky going on, it was far less frequent than the honest, honorable, innocent relationships.

I assume that everyone here has been thus exposed to exactly similar certainties.

Thus it's utterly foolish to assume that any man who's meeting a woman, anywhere, is engaging in hanky-panky. The odds are dramatically against it, despite what sewerish minds delight in assuming.

"Good enough" isn't.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by fgold767

Thank you Phil for posting this. Some of the vitriol here is just way out of line. 3 young kids will live without a father because of this and all some of you can do is pass trashy opinions to make you look smart. Well, you're all a bunch of
dumb a**'s. Show some respect for the wives left behind to raise fatherless kids at least. Leave your trashy opinions in the gutter where they belong.

Exactly right.
3 young kids will spend the rest of their lives without their Dad. 2 families have been completely shattered. Parents and extended family will never see their loved one again, and all some on here can do is be cruel and completely insensitive. We don't know why it happened, so many are just speculating. Get your mind out of the gutter.
While you are so busy speculating and have already passed judgement on what they think happened, just know, right this very second, there are 3 kids crying somewhere, who will never hear their Dad's voice again, while you seem so intent on passing judgement. Some seem to even joke and making light of what happened.
Think of those kids and families devastated while you pass that judgement and make light of a terrible tragedy. You should be ashamed. No wonder this world is in the shape it is in.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I honestly can't recall reading a thread on the 'Fire that left me feeling so diminished as a human being. And I'm not talking about the tragedy that ended someone's life.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Terrible thing that has happened but it happened because the husband was jealous.It is not a smart thing to be meeting with a married woman and especially one with a jealous husband.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by carbonman
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!

Sorry to hear of the loss of those close to you. May you find peace in the difficult times ahead. Thanks for the clarification though.

It's really a damn shame when people have so little class and respect that they can't keep their fingers from typing crap on a message board about a member that ain't gonna be around to give his side of the story.

Pathetic...

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.