L
Mark,
The grip is identical to the NULA.

Lefty

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crittergetter
2 groups shot with this rifle on page 1 didn't impress me at all.I don't like light weight rifles and the 1's from Kampfeld Custom were built the way I wanted and I did gain allot more by having them built.That's just me.
I've had several Senderos and CDLS THAT SHOT BETTER than this rifle right out of the box.

Well lucky [bleep]. You're obviously from the savage_99 school of offering preference when no one asked for it.

BW, thanks for the write up on this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I'd be happy to have a stainless barrel and cm action. Sounds like a great rifle as long as the chamberings offered works for the person doing the buying.

Would you buy a Stainless barrel/CM action version if the all stainless version was setting next to it on the shelf for not too much difference in price?
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Nice write-up! I'm not sure I could stand the grip, if it's as similar to the NULA rifle grips as I think it is.

Other than that, which is just personal preference, it looks like Mr. Forbes has a winner on his hands!

prairie,

The stock for the Forbes is made by Melvin. They are the same dimensions as are on his own. So yes, the grip is identical.

Thanks for the info bigwhoop, and thanks for the write-up!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No if I could buy all ss I'd go for that?......if it wasn't an option I'd be happy with cm and ss barrel????

Was you that curious or trying to make a point?

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I think we've become programmed to only accept stainless steel barrels through consistent marketing. None of my pre'64 barrels, which are over 50 years old, have a speck of rust on them. But options are what makes the world interesting.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No if I could buy all ss I'd go for that?......if it wasn't an option I'd be happy with cm and ss barrel????

Was you that curious or trying to make a point?

His (already stated) point is that a CM receiver and stainless barrel probably won't sell very well next to an all stainless option if prices are similar.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ok so what has your point been? You've made a few statements but unsure on your "points"?

My point is if given a choice I'd take a ss barrel. If no choice I'd happily take a Forbes rifle as issued if chambered for something I needed/wanted.

Are you and savaged 99 having a good night?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok so what has your point been?

Apparently to state the obvious.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lol....keep going your doing well

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
CM actions have proven themselves over time with the most minimal of care. Not having a SS action wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I would be more concerned about up to spec components put together right the first time.

Last edited by battue; 03/11/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crittergetter
2 groups shot with this rifle on page 1 didn't impress me at all.I don't like light weight rifles and the 1's from Kampfeld Custom were built the way I wanted and I did gain allot more by having them built.That's just me.
I've had several Senderos and CDLS THAT SHOT BETTER than this rifle right out of the box.

crittergetter-seems to me that you lean towards heavier rifles. Guess I'm curious as to where you hunt on a yearly basis. IE in what states other than Tx and in what kinds of terrain?

Thx

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
$1500 will build a KILLER Rifle,in any twist/throat a guy can concoct. Fact is,$1500 will getcha a Montucky wearing a High Zoot tube,chambered as per whim. BT/DT and I've the t-shirts.

I never was much into [bleep] around and CM spouts are a schitty route of travel...fact is,there ain't a worse way to roll. I can do a CM receiver,though it assuredly ain't my favorite means and a bitter pill to swallow in this day and age. Easy to ruin a spout in a day or two,though I know some will Pipe Dream oil saturated bores and a buncha other contrived bullschit...though they's TOTALLY clueless in the sanctity of POA/POI intersections ala CBS and lengthy strings. I know,I know...someone's Uncle Daddy shot a Mouser at everything for 700 years and never missed a [bleep] lick. I've [bleep] heard it all and relish the influx of hilarity by the clueless.

Light done right has no peer,though a CM barreled version is light done wrong +P,yet apparently horns up the Hay Bale & Crockett faction on dusty roads while opening gates. Laffin'!

Now,were the Forbes spawn offered replete with a 3" box,throats in accords to same and wearing S/S spouts twisted in harmony,they'd mebbe rate consideration at 1500 or so clams. As configured,they's City Slickin' Bean Counter offerings and if that horns folks up,more power to Mel for cashing them checks,as it'd be his fault if he didn't.

This schit cracks me up.

(Addendum for poor/dumb '270)

Gene...that means "extry". Laffin'!

Anywhoo,feel free to denote the word(s) that were too long in length for you too savvy,or too high brow in Intellect for you to keep pace with and I'll happily take the time to shorten 'em,if only to rub your nose in your own stupidity. Feel free to quantify if you are Bitchin' or Braggin',should you be under the supposition that your Bitchin' ain't crystalline to all and two thumbs up in it's relative quality. Feel free to wax eloquent in a rollicking Vagina Monologue narrative and recounting of your "hard charging" ways,if only because it'll be funnier than [bleep].

Hell,I might could mebbe even be looking forward to it,so please swing for the fence.

Bless your heart.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
boxer,
if you want us to dwell in all the knowledge you have at least write it in ENGLISH please............

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I�m salivating over the used market for CM Forbes'. Boxer, keep drive the price down buddy! Thanks!

P.S., is there something wrong with Cerakote? What�s it going for these days? $200? Couple guys on the fire have announced that academy is selling Forbes 24Bs for $1299. What�s the used market going to be once all the SS hits the market?

New to me rifles are fine by me.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's not the outside of the tube he's talking about....

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sit corrected. I will definitely include the price of a rebarrel into my offering price. This is just gettng better.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by gene270
boxer,
if you want us to dwell in all the knowledge you have at least write it in ENGLISH please............

Exactly. Nothing like old world Yoda speak with a touch of jackass....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just bought a new Forbes 24B in 30-06. I'm not scared of the CM one bit. My last CM rifle was a T/C Venture that was blued. Dynatek Bore Coat on the inside and Gun Shield on the outside. No issues with rust at all. I've hunted Michigan winters and Canada with that gun. Not sure about Alaska, never been. I thought the Dynatek products were kind of a gimmick but after reading Mule Deer's (John) comments I tried it and I have all my rifles and muzzleloaders coated now.

I went in to buy a Montana, and I still want one. But the fit, finish and feel of the Forbes was second to none. The safety takes a little getting used to, it sticks a little. Almost feels like a three position. The ability to press down and release the bolt is nice. I haven't shot it yet, but everything I've read leads me to believe it will be a shooter.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
40',

Firstly,there ain't gonna be that many of them circulatin',to start with...so the influx of used donors is going to be slim to none. Secondly,noone is gonna be in a hurry to scoop used CM donors for a bushel a pop,despite the Imagined fanfare of the very notion being plausible.

Oh I concur,this Thread is assuredly gettin' better and might could be a right proper hoot,after the dust settles.

This schit cracks me up.

'smoker,

I believe you's onto sumptin',focusing a barrel's nether regions.(grin)

Horse',

I get a kick out of Whining dumbphuckers fawning fluff and skirting the meat and taters...as they race to take stupidity to places it hasn't been before.

Never have seen soooooo many boobs in sucha [bleep] hurry,to hitch carts in front of their ponies. Though in fairness,I groove on folks doing the best they can,with what incredibly little they have to work with.

Oblivious humor,never ain't not the best...and it just might add to the inherent laughter,when schit's gotta be explained to the poor dumbphuckers wallowing in their stupidity and devoid a first [bleep] clue.

I think you run poor/dumb '270 off,as she sure shut the [bleep] up...though you are doing "well".

Laffin'!

'glimpse,

Never been to Alaska either,but it seems like some of them guys is hard on riggin' and I'd be curious to hear how the CM would shake itself out there. May try me a Montana myself some day if I can save the pennies,as it seems it'd fend this Kansas weather and terrain.

Like to try an '06 some day too,as they really seem to have it going on,'specially in a lightweight CM rifle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Never been to Alaska either,but it seems like some of them guys is hard on riggin' and I'd be curious to hear how the CM would shake itself out there. "

Ya, un-huh, sure. There is only one person that can destroy language with such aplomb and still make sense...

Is it Friday yet?
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.