Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
[quote=taz4570]I liked the guy's writing. His hunting shows sure indicated a good natured, fun loving, and very respectful guy. Definitely a family man, as his kids often made his articles.

Very sorry for his family.

+1.

What a shock to read of this ordeal!

That's how I feel as well. I liked Greg's writing,thought he was one of the best of the younger writers. I was thinking about calling him to book a hunt,he seemed to one of the good guys in that buisness as well.

I never throw away a gun magazine, and find myself reading Greg's articles again and again. I've mentioned to several folks that his "real-world" writing was certainly worth the price of a subscription. He seemed like a really personable guy and his contributions will be missed.

It sounds like a bad set of circumstances all the way around that ended up with these horrible results. You never know what a day may bring. Continue to pray for the families involved in this, as they will need it.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 03/11/13.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cdb
In 2005 I caught my wife of 21 years with another man in our swimming pool. They were naked. She is the betrayer. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

Dang man, I'm sorry you had to experience something like that. That's a rough go...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Even if they screwed up, media mishandling of a story does not justify the low-life responses to it. True colors show through.

Exactly. Who cares what was going on between him and the woman. It didn't, by any stretch, justify murder. Some of the responses to this have been just pathetic.

Only a fool would sell an accurate .30-06
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've sent PM's to Greg about certain rifles he introduced his children to, and he was always responsive and friendly. He wrote a lot about his children, and their hunting and shooting adventures. They seemed like great kids, and certainly did not deserve to lose a father, especially under these circumstances.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One night when I was fifteen, my uncle Shep and his universally adored Mildred were going to the "picture show." When we were between the house and the car, two other uncles drove-up and snagged Shep to take him to their lodge meeting. Shep tossed the car keys to Mildred and told us to go ahead without him. So we did.

The next day, it was "all over town" that Mildred had left Shep and was "stepping out" with some new guy. Mildred's tinkling silvery laugh epitomized the response of everyone who knew us.

The operative phrase of course being "everyone who knew us."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by cdb
In 2005 I caught my wife of 21 years with another man in our swimming pool. They were naked. She is the betrayer. I of course felt anger at the other man but was much more angry at my wife.

Dang man, I'm sorry you had to experience something like that. That's a rough go...!

It did take a while to get over it.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 69 invisible), 2,949 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.