Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
One of Colorado state's top law enforcement officials was shot and killed at his home Tuesday night, just hours before the governor is scheduled to sign landmark gun control legislation drafted in response to a series of mass shootings.

A manhunt was launched by law enforcement officials for the assailant, but no suspects have yet been identified in the attack.

Tom Clements, 58, executive director of the Colorado Department of Corrections, was shot once at his home in the town of Monument, said El Paso County Sheriff's Department Lieutenant Jeff Kramer.

He also said there is also "no information at this point" to indicate the shooting was a suicide.

Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper is on Wednesday scheduled to sign legislation to expand background checks on gun buyers and limit the size of ammunition magazines that may be sold.

Last summer, the Colorado town of Aurora experienced one of the worst mass shootings in a spate of gun killings across the United States, when a gunman fatally shot 12 people inside a movie theater.

In December, the shooting deaths of school children by a gunman in Newtown, Connecticut, intensified a national debate about gun violence.

But an assault weapons ban sought by President Barack Obama ran into trouble on Tuesday when Majority Leader Harry Reid acknowledged there was not enough support for it in the Senate.

Hickenlooper, who counted Clements as an ally, reacted to the news of his death with sorrow.

"I have never worked with a better person than Tom, and I can't imagine our team without him," Hickenlooper wrote in an email sent to state corrections employees early Wednesday morning and posted on the governor's official Facebook page.

The governor ordered state flags to be flown at half-mast on Wednesday.

Clements was appointed in 2011 by Hickenlooper to run the state's prison system, after spending 31 years in the Missouri Department of Corrections, according to the Colorado Department of Corrections.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
BP-B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Expect more of the same till they sit down and STFU.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I assume that's clipped from a news story. If so, what's the reporter's implication? That this shooting wouldn't have happened if only the governor had signed the law already? Moronic.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what they need to do is BAN these shootings!!! if we can save even one life..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by atvalaska
what they need to do is BAN these shootings!!! if we can save even one life..

Yes, it's for the chirrens. shocked grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I assume that's clipped from a news story. If so, what's the reporter's implication? That this shooting wouldn't have happened if only the governor had signed the law already? Moronic.

My thoughts, exactly. It was a diatribe about unrelated mass shootings first, and a report about a State's top warden getting offed second.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This was about 12 miles west of me. Although this is horrendous and canot be condoned,note that he was a Hickenloper suppoter and appointed by Hickenlooper.Any LEO (he was head of the CO Dept of Corrections) that is found supporting these idiotic gun laws are alwasy appointed,not elected by the peopel.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
you notice that type of weapon and the amount of rounds fired wasn't mentioned , so you can bet your ass he wasn't killed with a AR or it would be head line news everywhere. Sounds like a payback revenge killing or payed hit.

Probably killed with a Shiloh Sharps or 8 bore Muzzleloader

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When Hickenlooper was elected he brought in a good many of his department directors from out of state. Not sure if that is SOP for Governors or not. When he appointed Clements as DOC director he also quietly gave Mrs. Clements a plumb position in the Office of Behavioral Health.

There seems to be little evidence. From what little they are disclosing it appears to be a very professional hit. We all wonder if it was set in motion by a DOC prisoner that has connections.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
you notice that type of weapon and the amount of rounds fired wasn't mentioned , so you can bet your ass he wasn't killed with a AR or it would be head line news everywhere. Sounds like a payback revenge killing or payed hit.

Probably killed with a Shiloh Sharps or 8 bore Muzzleloader

laugh laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, it do have a professional ring to it.

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It sure has that smell doesn't it? A man that runs a prison could maybe make an enemy or two...hundred.

Camp is where you make it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Oregon's head of Corrections was killed in the early 1980s. He was stabbed.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yes, it do have a professional ring to it.

Gunner

Hmm. What about that.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i was home last night. i didn't do it.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
To bad the shooter didn't take the Governor out to

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All the laws the jerk just signed would not have stop this.....

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
To bad the shooter didn't take the Governor out to

Don't give up hope yet.
Shooter still at large.

You can bet gov chickenpooper has doubled down on his security squad.
"Break out the full autos, boys. My ass just bit a hole in my shorts."

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are thinking it was a Saudi hit for not extraditing a Saudi prisoner back to Saudi Arabia.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. Never would have expected a "professional hit" in Monument. Took the boat out on the lake there a couple times last year, to let the boys catch some peanut trout. Aside from being dab smack on 25, it seemed like a nice little burg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
503 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 42 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,973
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.