[Linked Image]

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by krummarine
There was NO rust on the floorplate when I shipped it.
C'mon man!

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rusky
Looks like rust to me

[Linked Image]

Looks more like corrosion to me.

Kelly
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder how she shoots? If she bugholes, I'd work on a deal to replace the plate.

I personally offer three day inspection, no questions asked. That should be the norm.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It does not matter if it is rust or corrosion. Was the blemish disclosed?

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I looked at buying this rifle several different times. Glad I passed and opted for a CZ 550 in 30-06. Hope the buyer and seller and resolve amongst themselves.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wadevb1
Wonder how she shoots? If she bugholes, I'd work on a deal to replace the plate.

I personally offer three day inspection, no questions asked. That should be the norm.

The rifle was clearly misrepresented, the rust on the rifle's bolt body was removed with what looks like steel wool, you can still see very small pits in the finish. As we all know Sako bolts are polished.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The rust does look like it might be fresh, in about 1982..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rusky
Originally Posted by wadevb1

The rifle was clearly misrepresented, the rust on the rifle's bolt body was remover with what looks like steel wool, you can still see very small pits in the finish. As we all know Sako bolts are polished.

[Linked Image]

You have a right to be unhappy, IMO.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
+1

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a rifle once from a gentleman on gunbroker. Turns out he found two steaks of rust inthe bore at the muzzle. I took a chance and paid for it anyway. I received the rifle, shot it, cleaned the barrel, and found far more rust steaks than first thought. The seller offered to refund the full price, or give me $200 towards a new barrel. It shot well so we settled on a $50 refund. All worked out well. This one can also.........

Last edited by John_Boy; 03/27/13.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This rifle has really been neglected, it also has bore damage from rust at the chamber neck and about an inch up the bore. The rifle doesn't match the description he posted.
[IMG]

Throat
[Linked Image]

Chamber neck
[Linked Image]

It would appear someone cleaned the bore to a spotless condition as there is no carbon or copper in the bore. One would think the rifle probably didn't shoot well and someone thought it needed a good cleaning?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No dog in this fight, someone needs to step up.IMHO

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That is not worn blueing and a pristine bore. I would want a refund and if I was the seller I would take it back if for no other reason that to keep my good name. I don't spend any of the money I recieve until I have followed up on a sale and the buyer is happy. It makes it easy to refund the money for an unsatisfied customer. It's not worth trashing my reputation for a few dollars even if I feel I'm right.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Joe Krumm aka krummarine advertised this rifle on several other sites. I'm really surprised he did this in the way he did. One can only wonder if he needed the money so bad he would trash his name to get it. I'll bet if his name was google'd what would pop up. I think I'll take a look.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Let me save you some time, Rusky. I did advertise the rifle on several other boards; Basically the same ad; I had dropped the price from 850.00 to 700.00 shipped when you sent a PM offering an even lower price. Needing the funds, I accepted your offer. I will say that you also added to the offer in order to cover shipping insurance. I did not misrepresent this rifle. The bore condition was based on visual inspection, not a borescope. All other areas of wear were pointed out in the wording of the ad and/or the pics provided. More pics were available and I sent some to those requesting them. I took this rifle to a local gun show where 8-12 people examined it, to include a collector of Sako's with many for sale on his table and they all agreed that it was a nice example of AV series and my asking price was very reasonable. A couple commented that because it was a 30-06, they didn't think they could re-sell it very quickly as it is too common a caliber.

I think you're whining because you didn't get a 900.00 rifle for 650.00 like you thought you were and now that you know you can't turn around and flip it for a nice profit, you want your money back. I disagree. I have done numerous exchanges on this board, with no problems or issues. I see you are determined to drag my name down over this and I guess that's your perogitive but it won't change my original stance.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think you're whining because you didn't get a 900.00 rifle for 650.00

Thats a lame excuse for sticking it in someones azz. I'm done with ya. bye

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krummarine
Let me save you some time, Rusky. I did advertise the rifle on several other boards; Basically the same ad; I had dropped the price from 850.00 to 700.00 shipped when you sent a PM offering an even lower price. Needing the funds, I accepted your offer. I will say that you also added to the offer in order to cover shipping insurance. I did not misrepresent this rifle. The bore condition was based on visual inspection, not a borescope. All other areas of wear were pointed out in the wording of the ad and/or the pics provided. More pics were available and I sent some to those requesting them. I took this rifle to a local gun show where 8-12 people examined it, to include a collector of Sako's with many for sale on his table and they all agreed that it was a nice example of AV series and my asking price was very reasonable. A couple commented that because it was a 30-06, they didn't think they could re-sell it very quickly as it is too common a caliber.

I think you're whining because you didn't get a 900.00 rifle for 650.00 like you thought you were and now that you know you can't turn around and flip it for a nice profit, you want your money back. I disagree. I have done numerous exchanges on this board, with no problems or issues. I see you are determined to drag my name down over this and I guess that's your perogitive but it won't change my original stance.

What a bullschit reply!! So for $650 you are going to let your name be dragged through the mud (and rightfully so)?? Just give the guy his money back & have him ship you back the rifle - end of story!!

You have pretty much ruined you reputation for $650 - that is [bleep]' lame!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 03/27/13.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Lets get the numbers right. I paid you $15.00 extra for insurance. The total shipping costs were $31.86 for parcel post. How in the world can you say I paid $650.00 for this rifle, when I sent you a USPS MO for $700.00. Your sense of fair play is missing a thing or two. Did you get this rifle from Nygren?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make it right man.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
158 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.