-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope... But you could put a Metcalf on it no problem.

I think Missery Ranch will be selling a lot less Crewcabs in the future... Unless you're a bowhunter that hangs a lot of treestands, the Metcalf is a better 5000" setup.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Missery Ranch?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Higbean
Missery Ranch?

Yes...

But they're about 80% of the way to building a damn good backpack

A bikini NICE frame that's 8" taller with power pulls on the belt would be a GREAT start.

Seriously... Who buys a backpack based on how well you can shoot a rifle prone anymore?

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by mtmiller; 04/09/13. Reason: I was being a jackass
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtmiller
Dan, curious if you have packed much meat in a pack?

Here comes the pi$$ing match....

On a serious note, I just put in an order for a Kifaru Bikini frame and Highcamp bag. My only other experience with a high dollar pack is my MR Bighorn. I love the MR, but when it was time to buy a bigger pack, I looked at all the bags on the market. As I learned more and figured out what I wanted I was a bit surprised how heavy MR bags are compared to the competition. The lack of lifters on the NICE frame along with the weight killed the mystery for me. To top it off, their website is kinda outdated.

I kinda gotta wonder if Dana and Co. are so busy with frisbee, fire and military guys they just don't care all that much. Is Seacat even still working for them? It used to seem like the website was well looked after, but not so much anymore.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A Mystery Ranch is still way better than a badlands or eberlestock, I've had several packs from each company and finally was able to sale enough of them to buy an MR longbow and I'm loving it!! I put 90 lbs (2-45 plates) on my Nice frame and load sling and went for a 45 minute hike with it the 1st night I got it. I wouldn't dare do that with the badlands I had, maybe the eberlestock but it woulda killed my shoulders. I'm happy with my MR and hopefully I can pack out another 120+lb load this fall with it instead of the old eberlestock that about killed me last fall. Kifaru and StoneG is a little out of the price range for a grad student with 2 kids and a lousy salary!! Be happy that were not packing crap out with the old school packs with no waste belts!
Happy Hunting Fella's

Golden Rule: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.

Tall, Wide and Handsome!
TICK
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DanAdair
I think Missery Ranch will be selling a lot less Crewcabs in the future... Unless you're a bowhunter that hangs a lot of treestands, the Metcalf is a better 5000" setup.

I am a bow hunter than hangs tree stands and you are correct!! I love hauling stands with my crew cab and really think that is what makes be only use my crew cab. Just good old faithful.

I do also prefer my crewcab to toss in full gutted NC white tails in and haul to the truck.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am on the fence with the Metcalf. I love my Longbow with the pockets and the layout. But from what I can tell the Metcalf only has the main compartment and one pocket. I will probably buy the Long Pockets and place them on my Longbow before I pull a trigger on the Metcalf.

Instagram: @brianavilaknives
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.