Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Scientists evidently can't accept the limitations of Science.

I would agree there, and its just as well really otherwise the human race would have stagnated..The boundaries of scientific knowledge are always being pushed...some times in tiny steps sometimes with monotonous discoveries and progression.

The progression of science means that in just one generation, mankind went from the flight of the Kitty-hawk, to the Space Shuttle..

That's pretty amazing if you ask me... smile

Were the scientists responsible for this stuff looking backward, or forward?

What "agenda constraints" did they labor under?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I can't believe that some people are denying evolution because it conflicts with their literal interpretation of the bible.
==============

It's precisely what's happening, sad to say. I guess some think smart-assed quips, comments and one-liners appreciably hide the fact they're unable to engage in the debate on a sophisticated level.

So far,the scientists are seemingly in danger of having the game called because they are too far out front with the lead.

Perhaps someone could step up to the plate and argue a position which doesn't reek of "Oh yeah, you're a commie,dumbass,".

No wonder the polling is significantly moving towards the science/evolution side of the debate. Why can't Creationists admit common men simply got much of it wrong in their Biblical translations? I would think it's what a God would prefer if He in fact gave us the ability to learn and reason.

I can't imagine a God wanted folks to be limited to the intelligence of Neanderthals for all of mankind.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RISJR

Perhaps someone could step up to the plate and argue a position which doesn't reek of "Oh yeah, you're a commie,dumbass,".

Is that similar to the "You're a knuckle-dragging retard" arguement?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't believe that some people are denying evolution because it conflicts with their literal interpretation of the bible. Can't it be that evolution was the tool that God used to create life and mankind? That He couldn't explain DNA/RNA and evolution to the unscientific, superstitious people of the time that the bible was written? The story of creation in the bible is the type of explanation that you would give to someone who doesn't understand physics, chemistry, biology, probability, genes, genetic variations and the scientific method.

You are showing your bias here. There are thousands of advanced degree scientists in those fields which accept the literal Bible creation account. If creation is correct then the people "back" then would make us moderns look like a group of retards playing in a sandbox discussing fairy tales.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
If creation is correct ...
Creation is correct. Creationism isn't, however.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Creation is correct.

So then you are agreeing that compared to God's original created man we are retarded?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread will be going till the end of time!!!!!!!

Btw does anyone know when that will be??????

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Creation is correct.

So then you are agreeing that compared to God's original created man we are retarded?
Speak for yourself. grin

Although, I would bet the average IQ of European homo sapiens sapiens, fresh from surviving the Ice Age, was higher than that of your average civilized man today.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by PAMac
This thread will be going till the end of time!!!!!!!

Btw does anyone know when that will be??????
No one but our Father in heaven knows the day or hour. Best bet is to assume it's very soon, however.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hawkeye,
You do know that statement was intended as pure raw sarcasm right? wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
I can't believe that some people are denying evolution because it conflicts with their literal interpretation of the bible.
==============

It's precisely what's happening, sad to say. I guess some think smart-assed quips, comments and one-liners appreciably hide the fact they're unable to engage in the debate on a sophisticated level.

So far,the scientists are seemingly in danger of having the game called because they are too far out front with the lead.

No wonder the polling is significantly moving towards the science/evolution side of the debate. Why can't Creationists admit common men simply got much of it wrong in their Biblical translations? I would think it's what a God would prefer if He in fact gave us the ability to learn and reason.

I can't imagine a God wanted folks to be limited to the intelligence of Neanderthals for all of mankind.

For crying out loud, Counselor,there are a lot of us who don't believe in taking everything in the bible literally, most especially the Genesis account of Creation.

That sure doesn't automatically put us in the evolution/religion camp.

The idea of a Creation without a Creator offends my common sense more than my "religious sensibilities".

I can't comprehend much of the "proof" the evolutionists have offered on this thread.

Neither of us can comprehend a self existent being who can call THINGS into existence by the power of thought.

But I have APPREHENDED the God that neither of us can COMPREHEND.

And they haven't.

Don't be too quick to award them the trophy just on style points.

There's substance to be considered, also.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Evolution is that well established.
Not as the beginning of life. I have no issues with natural selection and genetic mutation, but the spark that begins life is not a spark at all but the evidence of a Creator. I believe most on this thread would agree that species vary to a degree based on their surroundings and genetics, but from goo-to-you-by-way-of-the-zoo, doesn't play is is truly laughable to any reasoned mind.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

They can't observe creation since , by its nature, it could only occur once.

string theory + eleven dimensions + parallel universes=many moments of creation�
[/quote

Actually, Bowsinger, those things are more believable than evolution.

The more complexities scientists are confronted with, the stronger the argument for an all powerful Creator becomes.

I don�t think so. Supporting evidence for the theory of evolution lies ready at hand.

Parallel universes lie a lot further away.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
...I would bet the average IQ of European homo sapiens sapiens, fresh from surviving the Ice Age, was higher than that of your average civilized man today voter.

Fixed it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So is evolution the same as adaptation......question is open for anyone....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If God did a billion years worth of changes to the universe while the little hand on my clock traversed the 12 twice, are the changes one day old or a billion?

Just askin.

If chaos theory prevents us from being able to predict outcomes, does that mean the Creator has limited our knowledge?

Just askin.

If all genetic changes were under the direct and immediate control of the Creator, how would we know it?

Once again, just askin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even better...... Science knows how life starts, but can it explain why it exists or where the life force comes from.......

Science has disected life down to the itty bittiest peices it can and so far the question why? still arises......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PAMac
So is evolution the same as adaptation......question is open for anyone....

No

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They can't observe creation since , by its nature, it could only occur once.

string theory + eleven dimensions + parallel universes=many moments of creation�

Actually, Bowsinger, those things are more believable than evolution.

The more complexities scientists are confronted with, the stronger the argument for an all powerful Creator becomes. [/quote

I don�t think so. Supporting evidence for the theory of evolution lies ready at hand.

Parallel universes lie a lot further away.

The pleasant talking guy of Oriental descent that shows up on the History Channel a lot, explaining complicated scientific theories - like the ones you mention - never tackles evolution theory. You might claim that he considers it such a settled matter that it doesn't need discussion, but I suspect the opposite is true.

As far as their being "supporting evidence for evolution theory ready at hand", there is SOME evidence supporting a charge of murder against you and me. I'm betting there are unsolved murder cases in a town near you.

There might even be enough evidence for an over-zealous prosecutor to make the charge.

But is there enough evidence to support a conviction?

When a poll forces people to choose between the Genesis account and the "scientific" account of creation, the "jury" chooses science.

But.... when people are not shackled to the Genesis account taken literally, but must choose between a Creator God and a Creation that has no power greater than human power, the "jury" overwhelmingly finds evolution theory to be a fraud.

Of course, most people avoid the hard choice and concoct up a private theory that "God used evolution to originate life".

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Uh, that's man's feeble attempt at explaining creation. One can't take every word in the Bible as literally being spoken by God.

By what authority do you make this bold absolute proclamation?

Hum, I don't know. Common sense?

By what authority do you proclaim the Bible as literally God's spoken word? Were you there when God "spoke"? Did you take notes?

Last edited by Sauer200; 04/10/13.
Page 34 of 42 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 1_deuce, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,613
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.