-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
Has anybody ever used this tent? We are thinking of using it for the Washington high buck hunt. We will get the 8 man and use it for 5-6 guys if we get it. Thanks Branden

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have the 8-man I will sell for a very good price. It is a water tight ten, very easy to set up. It condesates and would be heavy to carry. It is 12x12 so plenty of space. In my opinion I would get the dome design better. If you want it or have more questions, drop me a line. I will send it shipped for $150.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got the 12 by 12 version. It is too heavy for packing, more of a drive in , fast setup tent. My newer one has plenty of vents so mine doesnt have condensation problems like the older version does. It's more of a fair weather tent as the front door looks like alot of water would get in in heavy rain as you enter and exit the tent. I like mine for what I use it for, fast camp, and cover.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The Cabelas Big Horn II is bombproof, easy to set up, and very comfortable. This is not a backpacking unit but a nice lightweight car/truck set up. It has withstood, high winds, driving rain, and snow. The vestibule which is available makes a great addition for gear and keeping the tent clean and organized. I only bring it up because I don't perceive the Outback as a backpack unit.

Last edited by Roost; 03/05/06.
K
K
Have the Big Horn II but haven't had a chance to use it yet - had posted before (different forum) and got differing responses on # of people w/cots the thing would hold ?

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
We put 5 cots with cot trees in our Big Horn II. But this would block the wood stove vent. Otherwise 4 cots comfortably. Great standing room and gear can be under cots out of the way. Vestibule is well worth the extra money. Use Keroscene heater. It has great ventilation around sides and in the top vents. Very good window system. Really, really like this tent.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Roost; 03/09/06.
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for all the comments. I guess we will stay with are tarptents. Branden

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Branden, Sounds like you need to look seriously at a Kifaru tipi.

B
OP Offline
B
I looked at the Kifaru tipi's but I kinda like to have a floor in my tent. The 3 man Tarptents are only 2 pounds 9 ounces so we sleep 2 guys to a tent. We were just thinking it might be a little funner to have everybody in the same tent.

Branden

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I own the 12x12 Outback Lodge and have never had any problems with it leaking in a thunderstorm, and mine has plenty of vents to take care of condensation. The things are very easy to set up, but, it is not a backpacking tent. If you pack it in by horse, or, have one of your buds carry it in, it would be okay I guess. I use to own the Alaska Guide Dome 6 person and loved that tent. However, those are really heavy and a bitch to put up. Takes two folks to do it. But it will withstand heavy winds and a virtual downpour. Think about it though, it would fit three folks fine, but four was getting a bit cramped. My eight person Outback Lodge will fit four people and gear fairly easy, but I doubt it will accomodate eight folks and gear. In my opinion, they are a pretty darn good tent for the money. Tom Purdom

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The new ones with the side vents are probally much better than mine. It is a good tent, easy set up and very water tight, but without the side vents it will rain down with just your breath at night. Good luck!

Good Shooting!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
7x57, I never have had mine in a rainstorm, but kind of thought maybe it might be wet at the door, sounds like your experience says otherwise. I used mine on the desert in AZ hunting quail in Dec, and loved it. Two of us in it with cots, a canvas floor, heater, it was warm and cozy, with cold winds outside at night. I got the outback for a large, fast, and easy to setup tent,and it definatly fits that bill, alot of headroom, and 12 x12 is a good size to get.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 257Bob, 57 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.