Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey fellas I would love to see some pictures of the McMillan Mauser (interams mark x) stock. I see it listed on their website but I'm having trouble pulling up pictures of it. I'd also like to hear how you like it compared to other popular McMillan patterns.

Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

MAUSER INTERARMS MARK X

This classic style stock has a straight comb and a small cheekpiece with some cast-off. The forend will accept custom barrels up to a #5 contour. It has crisp checkering appropriate for a classic stock. We offer completely finished "custom-drop-in" stocks for the Interarms Mark X action only. We do have inletting programs for most of the FN and 98 variations, but because of the many styles of bottom metal, custom bolt handles, barrels and safeties, we do not offer pre-finished drop-in stocks for them. We only offer 95% inletted blanks for gunsmiths to finish fitting, finishing and bedding. Available in right or left hand.

SPECIFICATIONS

overall length of stock: 31.5"
approx standard fill weight: 2 lbs
depth of action area: 1.8" (this will vary depending on action model)
max diameter action: 1.4"
forearm width: 1.660"
grip width: 1.365"
buttstock width: 1.7"
max L.O.P. with 1" recoil pad: 14.5" (1/2" spacer can be added to lengthen LOP)
drop @ comb: 5/8"

(Return to Top)

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
My imagination or does that share some similarities to the Echols legend??? Looks like a nice stock.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It must have been my computer because now I can see it just fine on their site, its the same picture raybass posted.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is similar, its those small touches that the Echols that really sets it off.

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I like the lines of it, need something to compare to the forearm width. Does anyone know the width of the Remington Ti stocks?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holland's Super .30...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mine in the Mcwoody pattern, regular fill, weighed in at 27oz.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats a nice rig sactoller and in a great cartridge.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
This is my favourite of the currently available Micky patterns and I have two of them among the 23 synthetic-stocked big game rifles I now have.

Both of mine are in the "Edge" fill and one is on my first Brno ZG-47 in factory 9.3x62, this makes a rifle, with the Satterlee safety, Talley QD rings and Zeiss Conquest 4x scope, that is just fabulous in accuracy, handling and power for big stuff and little stuff, as well.

The second one, was inletted for the p-64-Mod. 70 and is on a Fwt with a Fwt Classic sts barrel, in .270. With all the mods and Talley-Brockman sights/mounts, this is also a superb rifle, my second favourite, now, of the 14 Mod. 70s (12 P-64) that I own and my alltime favourite of the roughly 15 .270s I have had, with a matched pair of original P-74 Fwt.s so chambered as "spares".

I would LIKE to get a couple more, but, am probably "done" buying more rifles and the projects I have in mind, on two Brno actions I have, a 21H and a ZG-47, will cost more than I want to spend on guns at this time of my life.

I had two Legends, to install on my pair of P-64-70s in .300 and .375 H&H, but, found them uncomfortable and went with a pair of Borden-Rimrocks. For ME, the Micky MKX is a much better choice in terms of handling, YMMV, of course.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's a damn shame you can't buy Rimrock stocks anymore. For me they where the best pattern syn stock I have handled.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yup, I found another Brno ZG-47, my favourite bolt action rifle, by far, this one with polished receiver as my first one has and another Satterlee safety. Then, you kind soul, you sold me that Rimrock and one of Ralf Martini's former gnomes, is now installing these on the Brno.

These, in, as above, 9,3x62, with these mods. make a hunting rifle that you actually have to handle and shoot to appreciate, they are simply fabulous and nothing I have owned, most of the quality rifles from the 1920s on, is quite as fine overall as these.

I thot that an outfit in Montana, was going to bring them back into production this year? Probably another victim of the US and world economy and we are not far behind.....

My near mint pair of closely serial numbered P-64 Alaskan .338s in these Rimrocks will shoot groups that I am afraid to post here and they handle like a Rigby. I have a total of five P-64s and the one Brno ZG in Rimrocks and every guy I know here who has one or more loves them as you and I do.

Maybe come hunting here in BC, say 2014-15 and use one or more of my rifles so equipped. There is an outfit in the Chilcotin region of BC that I want to hunt with, excellent Moose, good Mulies, RM Goats and Black Bears till hell won't have anymore of them.....reasonable prices, too, none of this $20-$40K bullshit and good people.

Gotta get BobinH up here and have a fine old mountain hunt with lots of fun for all!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BWalker
It's a damn shame you can't buy Rimrock stocks anymore. For me they where the best pattern syn stock I have handled.

+1

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kutenay

I thot that an outfit in Montana, was going to bring them back into production this year? Probably another victim of the US and world economy and we are not far behind.....

I had heard that too, but that was a year or more ago. Hope someone starts making them again and with carbon fiber construction similar to McMillans Edge.
Truth be known I wish Mcmillan would get on the ball and turn out some better patterns. The only model 70 pattern the make that is worth a damn is the Echols Legend and its not as good as the Jim Cloward designed pattern that Pacific Research/Rimrock used.

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Was re looking at this thread and wondered if this would be the correct stock for a Husqvarna AB Imperial Grade? I assumed it would be but wasn't sure .

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just bought a Bansner stock for a future Mauser project and, as has always been the case with his stocks, it is a fine piece. I really like the shape/size of his pistol grip.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Was re looking at this thread and wondered if this would be the correct stock for a Husqvarna AB Imperial Grade? I assumed it would be but wasn't sure .

I can't just recall at the moment, but, IF your Husqy is on the older, smallring CRF action usually called the "HVA"m then, with some skilled work, YES, it WILL work just fine.

I have two custom rifles on this action and both are in "Mauser 98" pattern synthetic handles, one in an older Brown Kevlar and one in a Bansner.

However, IF, as I suspect, your rifle is the "FFV" action, a PF type, it requires a different inleting programn and you should call Dick Dietz at McMillan to check.

That said, I bought a Remmy Edge HC "flat top" off of here and one of the guys who does my work fitted one of my Brno 21 smallring Mausers into it...and, VERY nicely, soooooo.....things can be done.

HTH.

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ya claw extractor, ill try to post pics when I am home

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Picture for clarity.

[Linked Image]

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,289
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.