Print Thread
Hop To
C
CThomas Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Has anyone ever booked a hunt through an outfitter named Rich Botta? He post a lot of hunts on Ebay. Looking for feedback. I have never used an outfitter, always dealt with the guy that owned the company and conducted the hunts. Thanks,Chris.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I haven't , but I've talked to the guy on the phone. My impression is that he was pretty clueless on lots of his mule deer hunts. For instance:

1. He had mule deer hunts offered in the Oklahoma Panhandle. In the description it was listed as an area where many Boone and Crocket deer were killed every year. Anyone who pays attention knows that's a lie. I asked him on the phone about that and his reply was, "that's what the landowner told me".

2. He advertised several muley hunts on the E Plains of Colorado. When I talked to him about that I told him to have the outfitter to call me, and he did. He didn't even have any more tags available.

3. There was another trophy hunt advertised for NW Colorado. He had attached a picture for this hunt of some huge bucks that resided on an area outside of SL City UT that couldn't be hunted. I had seen the pic before on Muley Crazy and they had the real scoop on the pictures.

In short I personally think this Rich guy is clueless.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Booking agents can be shady

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CThomas
Has anyone ever booked a hunt through an outfitter named Rich Botta? He post a lot of hunts on Ebay. Looking for feedback. I have never used an outfitter, always dealt with the guy that owned the company and conducted the hunts. Thanks,Chris.

I do wonder if this is a serious question. Who in their right mind would book any hunt on ebay?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
C
CThomas Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Thanks JGRaider and Drummond. He list several Eastern Colorado Mule Deer and Whitetail hunts on his website with some pretty high success rates and scores. Think I'll stay clear. Drummond his whitetail hunts are in extreme southeast CO., units 143,144 and 145. I know you have loads of experience w/ Eastern CO Mule deer and Whitetail hunts. I hope you had a good season in Mexico.

IC B2

M
M
DO NOT USE THIS STUTTERING CON ARTIST. Myself and friend made the mistake of booking with this ahole in 2009 a couple of years ago for a late season Iowa buck hunt, semiguided on private farms. I posted a full review on Nexthunt.com and Bowsite.com. And just recently within the past week I have been contacted by two other people who were also ripped off. HE IS A LIAR and never refunded my money..............on a hunt where we never even go to hunt because he tried to have some guy sneak us on private property where we would have been arrested. If you have any question email me at magnum72576yahoo.com. TONY

M
M
Just a reminder to all my fellow hunters. Do not use Rich Botta or richhuntingadventures. I continue to get calls from more people that also got ripped off.
email me with any questions........

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,650
Posts18,399,153
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.