Print Thread
Hop To
J
javman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
A growing concern from what I have seen is kids trying to get high off of CO2. Next thing you know is that they will start banning the sale of CO2 or people will starr to hoard them as well and prices will sky rocket like ammo has.

MAGA! This is the way!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by javman
A growing concern from what I have seen is kids trying to get high off of CO2. Next thing you know is that they will start banning the sale of CO2 or people will starr to hoard them as well and prices will sky rocket like ammo has.

I would be very surprised if you could get high of Carbon Dioxide..If you think about it, its the stuff your body produces when you exhale..

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I'd wager that any "high" is the effect of oxygen deprivation. Their lungs are being filled, but not with any oxygen. So, it might feel like they're getting "high" while breathing normally.

And it's probably easier to find CO2 (like SodaStream refill bottles) than NO2.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
J
javman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I hear ya. But they associate the oxygen deprivation with getting high. Little do they know that it can kill them. Or if they are not careful they could freeze their lungs also serious damage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by javman
I hear ya. But they associate the oxygen deprivation with getting high. Little do they know that it can kill them. Or if they are not careful they could freeze their lungs also serious damage.

Think thats dumb, how about this?

Girl has stomach removed after drinking liquid nitrogen cocktail!

IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
It is actually quite common. They use canned whipped cream often. I on e thought a kid had ODed on heroin but could find no paraphernalia. We later were told by one if his friends he had been doing "whippets". He was unresponsive for at least 20 minutes and posturing like he had major brain trauma. He lived but may have suffered long lasting effects.

-Z

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's a variation of the choking game where kids choke each other until they pass out. They get a high from it...along with brain damage. Many have died.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I worked part time at a grocery store when I was in college. We used to get frozen meat that came in from New Zealand in these big 4' square plastic cubes that sat on a pallet. The meat was packed in dry ice. Once after we had removed all the meat there was a few inches of dry ice in the bottom of the cube and stuck my head in and inhaled deeply just for the hell of it. The lights went out instantly, luckily a co-worker was watching and caught me as I fell. I didn't do that again.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It gives you a form of hypoxia, starving your brain for oxygen making you all light headed and giggly. Probably feels good right up until you mort.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's common as heck. They buy "Dust Off" and huff the stuff.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Zrack656
It is actually quite common. They use canned whipped cream often. I on e thought a kid had ODed on heroin but could find no paraphernalia. We later were told by one if his friends he had been doing "whippets". He was unresponsive for at least 20 minutes and posturing like he had major brain trauma. He lived but may have suffered long lasting effects.

-Z

That would be N2O, nitrous oxide aka laughin gas, not CO2. And yes, oxygen deprivation can give one the sense of a "high" as it were.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Instead of CO2, they outta just use carbon monoxide and get it over with...there would be fewer dumbassicans around then.

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 66 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.