Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by Plinker
If conservatives had super majorities in the house & senate, ANY neo-marxist president would be a paper tiger. By 2016, the Progressive Chicago political machine may have the country so ruined that people may choose to elect anyone without a (D) after their name.

I hope that's what happens but I have my doubts.

I think we're currently seeing the status quo as far as the economy for years to come. The dems still have their hole card which is to blame the Republicans for stonewalling "progressive" economic ideology.

The one thing that hasn't been factored in yet is the full affects of Husseincare. 2014 will be troubling, for sure, but how it goes in 2015 will be a deciding factor.

All the sign I�m reading points to what I said before:

ObamaCare and the rest of the his agenda will give us a repeat of the 2010 Conservative mid-term landslide in 2014, giving us the Senate and put a Conservative in the White House in 2016.

And I am not the only one saying so�far from it�

Obama: The fall
Charles Krauthammer, Published: May 2
Fate is fickle, power cyclical, and nothing is new under the sun. Especially in Washington, where after every election the losing party is sagely instructed to confess sin, rend garments and rethink its principles lest it go the way of the Whigs. And where the victor is hailed as the new Caesar, facing an open road to domination.

And where Barack Obama, already naturally inclined to believe his own loftiness, graciously accepted the kingly crown and proceeded to ride his reelection success to a crushing victory over the GOP at the fiscal cliff, leaving a humiliated John Boehner & Co. with nothing but naked tax hikes.

Thus emboldened, Obama turned his inaugural and State of the Union addresses into a left-wing dream factory, from his declaration of war on global warming (on a planet where temperatures are the same as 16 years ago and in a country whose CO2 emissions are at a 20-year low) to the invention of new entitlements � e.g., universal preschool for 5-year-olds� for a country already drowning in debt.
To realize his dreams, Obama sought to fracture and neutralize the congressional GOP as a prelude to reclaiming the House in 2014. This would enable him to fully enact his agenda in the final two years of his presidency, usually a time of lame-duck paralysis.

Hail the Obama juggernaut.

Well, that story � excuse me, narrative � lasted exactly six months. The Big Mo is gone.

It began with the sequester. Obama never believed the Republicans would call his bluff and let it go into effect. They did.

Taken by surprise, Obama cried wolf, predicting the end of everything we hold dear if the sequester was not stopped. It wasn�t. Nothing happened.

Highly embarrassed, and determined to indeed make (bad) things happen, the White House refused Republican offers to give it more discretion in making cuts. Bureaucrats were instructed to inflict maximum pain from minimal cuts, as revealed by one memo from the Agriculture Department demanding agency cuts that the public would feel.

Things began with the near-comical cancellation of White House tours and ended with not-so-comical airline delays. Obama thought furious passengers would blame the GOP. But isn�t the executive branch in charge of these agencies? Who thinks that a government spending $3.6 trillion a year can�t cut 2 percent without furloughing air-traffic controllers?

Looking not just incompetent at managing budgets but cynical for deliberately injuring the public welfare, the administration relented. Congress quickly passed a bill giving Obama reallocation authority to restore air traffic control. Having previously threatened to veto any such bill, Obama caved. He signed.

Not exactly Appomattox, but coming immediately after Obama�s spectacular defeat on gun control, it marked an administration that had lost its �juice,� to paraphrase a charming question at the president�s Tuesday news conference.

For Obama, gun control was a political disaster. He invested capital. He went on a multi-city tour. He paraded grieving relatives. And got nothing. An assault-weapons ban � a similar measure had passed the Congress 20 years ago � lost 60 to 40in a Senate where Democrats control 55 seats. Obama failed even to get mere background checks.

All this while appearing passive, if not helpless, on the world stage. On Syria, Obama is nervously trying to erase the WMD red line he had so publicly established. On Benghazi, he stonewalled accusations that State Department officials wishing to testify are being blocked.

He is even taking heat for the Boston bombings. Every day brings another revelation of signals missed beforehand. And his post-bombing pledge to hunt down those responsible was mocked by the scandalous Mirandizing of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, gratuitously shutting down information from the one person who knows more than anyone about possible still-existent explosives, associates, trainers, future plans, etc
Now, the screw will undoubtedly turn again. If immigration reform passes, Obama will be hailed as the comeback kid, and a new �Obama rising� narrative proclaimed.

This will overlook the fact that immigration reform has little to do with Obama and everything to do with GOP panic about the Hispanic vote. In fact, Obama has been asked by congressional negotiators to stay away, so polarizing a figure has he become.

Nonetheless, whatever happens, the screw will surely turn again, if only because of media boredom. But that�s the one constant of Washington political life: There are no straight-line graphs. We live from inflection point to inflection point.

And we�ve just experienced one. From king of the world to dead in the water in six months. Quite a ride.

Read more from Charles Krauthammer�s archive, follow him on Twitter or subscribe to his updates on Facebook.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

All the sign in the world doesn't mean squat anymore. Remember all of the sign last Fall about Romney winning the election? It didn't quite pan out.

I honestly don't think a Pub can win a national election at this point. 2012 showed that we've gone past the tipping point, when a guy as bad as Obama was swept back into office. From this point forward, you can bet that Obama will work diligently to expand the number of "voters" on the public dole. He's going to focus on immigration while expanding the number of people on government aid. All of those people will sing of the glory that Dems provide and punch a ticket for any D on the ballot. It won't even matter if they go to the polls or not. Their votes will be cast and another Dem will win in 2016.

I hope and pray that I am wrong. I would love to eat these words and look like a complete fool in a few years, but I just don't see it happening. We are screwed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ObamaCare and the rest of the his agenda will give us a repeat of the 2010 Conservative mid-term landslide in 2014, giving us the Senate and put a Conservative in the White House in 2016.

I pray that you are correct. God help us if you are not.

Soap box, jury box, ballot box, or cartridge box?

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama was "swept back in office" because Republicans can't be satisfied with settling our business in the primary and get behind the winner.
Obama won because so many stayed home because we didn't have the perfect guy in their opinion.
They would rather lose.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Reading sign is what it is.

Remember what happened only two and a half years ago when the Obama agenda went down the tubes in the 2010 mid terms. That was a Conservative landslide of historic proportions.

The Krauthammer article of how bad things are for Obama that I posted is a good summary of his problems. And why I think 2014 will be even bigger. Red state democratic Senators are bailing out already.

We need to gain six seats in the Senate. 21 seats out of the 35 up for election in 2014 are held by Democrats. Six of those seats are in states that Romney won. Of the 14 Republican seats only the one in Maine was a Obama win.

Obama was not swept back into office. The popular vote margin was close.
His support dropped but not as much as Romney�s. Mitt could have used those 4 million votes who stayed home.

Obama did not get his mandate even though he acts like he did. That is one reason why he is in the trouble that Krauthammer writes about.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jnyork
Michelle will get elected and he will rule by proxy.

People said this exact thing about Clinton.

Kelly
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing I've learned from this thread....

Y'all have horrible taste in "music"

laugh

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

All the sign in the world doesn't mean squat anymore. Remember all of the sign last Fall about Romney winning the election? It didn't quite pan out.

I honestly don't think a Pub can win a national election at this point. 2012 showed that we've gone past the tipping point, when a guy as bad as Obama was swept back into office. From this point forward, you can bet that Obama will work diligently to expand the number of "voters" on the public dole. He's going to focus on immigration while expanding the number of people on government aid. All of those people will sing of the glory that Dems provide and punch a ticket for any D on the ballot. It won't even matter if they go to the polls or not. Their votes will be cast and another Dem will win in 2016.

I hope and pray that I am wrong. I would love to eat these words and look like a complete fool in a few years, but I just don't see it happening. We are screwed.

You sound exactly like a 1985 or '86 liberal. They were crying about exactly the same thing. Liberals were convinced Reagan would be crowned king for life and the Democrats would not and could not get their act together.

I suspect this will play out much the same eventually. A weak, 1-term democrat wins in 2016 (maybe), but even that is a stretch for the Democrats. They really don't have any viable candidates other than Hillary and I, personally, strongly doubt here viability. I think the Dems have an even chance at best of winning the White House in '16.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the ultimate question ...

Is the country leaning left or right?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Stand back and watch for a while and it looks like a pinball machine.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's going to be hard for any of them to run for office when they're hanging from a rope. They still hang people convicted of TREASON don't they? Consider the following.

Benghazi is starting to blow up,

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul Mike Lee, and others are gaining momentum,

the Boston bombing is getting ever deeper,

Democratic operatives convicted of voter fraud,

10,000,000 few jobs now then in 2008,

ever increasing evidence that Obama is a Kenyan, not an American.

If Boehner ever grows a set of balls, Obama would be out of office and in jail by Christmas.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
It's going to be hard for any of them to run for office when they're hanging from a rope. They still hang people convicted of TREASON don't they? Consider the following.

Benghazi is starting to blow up,

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul Mike Lee, and others are gaining momentum,

the Boston bombing is getting ever deeper,

Democratic operatives convicted of voter fraud,

10,000,000 few jobs now then in 2008,

ever increasing evidence that Obama is a Kenyan, not an American.

If Boehner ever grows a set of balls, Obama would be out of office and in jail by Christmas.

Unfortunately Beener has no balls and Neither do most of the Repubs. If the Repubs. do not wake up and start fighting back it will a Dem. in office in 2016

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
What a dismal group!
As stated, that's what they said after Bill. Too many pissed off people to allow such tyranny!

I'm being positive, and am predicting, [bleep] will change for the survival of this Nation. Check will be addressed!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
He doesn't need to run for another term. The puppet masters who have been pulling his strings already have the next one hanging on the wings.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only crazy people worry about things that will never happen.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Worry less about Bammy running for a third term and a whole lot more about Michelle running for a first. If she runs, Michelle would almost be a lock to win and that really scares me.

A lot of people will beat the Hillary drum in 2016, but at this point Hillary's best years are behind her and Michelle is on the rise.

NO way will Moochelle run.. She hates the office, the White House and the DC area.. Hillary's gonna be the top Dem dog in that race..

Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Hoard ammo, powder and primers...
We're doin' that already.. laugh

Originally Posted by levrluvr
Michelle, Hillary, it really doesn't matter.
The American Dream ended (on November 6th) in America. The second term of Barack Obama will be the final nail in the coffin for the legacy of the white Christian males who discovered, explored, pioneered, settled and developed the greatest Republic in the history of mankind. A coalition of Liberal Blacks, Liberal Latinos, Feminists, Liberal Gays, Liberal Government Workers, Liberal Union Members, Environmental Extremists, The Media, Hollywood, uninformed young people, the "forever needy," the chronically unemployed, illegal aliens and other "fellow travelers" have ended Norman Rockwell's America.
No argument from me...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ironman65
What a dismal group!
As stated, that's what they said after Bill. Too many pissed off people to allow such tyranny!

I'm being positive, and am predicting, [bleep] will change for the survival of this Nation. Check will be addressed!
You have no idea how hard I PRAY for that....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 44 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.