Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by kennyd
Preaching to the choir. The second amendment states both keeping and bearing arms and a well REGULATED militia. Now comes the argument part; the regulation then did not refer to strong control, but to having equipment (including ammunition) that was of the norm. Think regular army opposed to geurillas, or sports. So at home this means having a more or less standard caliber that can be used by neighbors, and similar MILITARY wepaons.

Oh Crap!

You mean I am obligated to go buy an AR and ten thousand rounds of 5.56. Oh the pain!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BarryC
Lesson is: have a gun in every chambering. Then, no matter what's available, you will have something to shoot. grin

Yup, that is how I figure it to and keep stocked up , can't make you less money than your pass book acct. Magnum Man

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://highcountryammunition.com/22-lr-36gr-federal-copper-plated-hp-1-260-fps-525-rounds/ This is the exact same ammo I bought a couple weeks ago at scheels for $16.99. Looks like someone is making the most of a bad situation.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put those on my "never trade with list". miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
mog75, that is exactly what I am talking about. I've allways been into learning life's lessons as inexpensively as possible. Alot of people have to pay out of the butt big time to get the same lessons learned "turkeys". I figure this last go around after the previous 2 and you haven't learned to keep an adequate inventory for your own use ,it's nobodies fault but yours. Magnum Man

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Central banks infusing planet loads of debt into the credit systems will also land into the US in the form of much higher prices and shortages eventually, despite the benign inflation "reporting."

Perhaps some day, the major media may actually undertake something as technically difficult as a 10 year price comparison of real assets for the sake of the suffering taxpayer...or they may just stick to celebrity coverage.

Am not holding my breath anticipating cheaper pricing...hopefully that assumption will be incorrect.

Defend the Constitution
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kennyd
The .22's still bug me the most, this is the starter caliber for new shooters, and from what I read, they do not come from the same lines as centerfire.
I feel the same. Unless amazing numbers of people are using stacked cases of it as furniture in their homes, stockpiling demand should long ago have been satisfied, and the suppliers caught up to user demand.

As for myself, I've maintained in the neighborhood of ten thousand rounds of .22 rimfire for about twenty years now, replacing what I use along the way, oldest first. But I've pretty much stopped shooting (and thus stopped buying) it since prices went crazy post-Sandy-Hook.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish we had something like Scheels in these parts. Not saying that there are not some negative gov/political forces affecting the situation, but some of the problem has to lie with the consumers.

At a smaller gun show near here yesterday, watched a guy pay $60 for a carton of 525 rounds of common .22LR. - and he was a VENDOR with his own big table overloaded with other ammo types.

I looked over at an acquaintance at the next table with rifles for sale (who was shaking his head) and asked him when he last bought any such ammo - he smiled and said "about 2 years ago".

Sometimes we do it to ourselves.

Last edited by CCCC; 05/12/13.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW
The Second Amendment that we hold so near and dear does not mention ammos...

Ammo control equals gun control.

Guns and ammo ... one is worthless without the other.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by redrooster
Like I said. I've been aware for a long time about current gun scramble and ammo being expensive. But the ridiculous auction prices were quiet a shock. I remember when I was younger the same gun buying frenzy going on when the clintons were in the White House. But then ammo did not go so crazy either. "Head in the sand" or no- we should be worried.

Methinks we have a troll...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Methinks we have a troll...

Likely conclusion.

If 'we' stop buying ammo we don't need because it is 'scarce', then maybe it won't be scarce anymore.

Neighbor yelled to let me know he had scored three 525 packs of 22 at local big box. I asked him how many he shot last year. He said maybe 200. Go figure.

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just ordered 500 .40s for $140 shipped, like I do about every month. .223 is back in stock now too.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I just ordered 500 .40s for $140 shipped, like I do about every month. .223 is back in stock now too.

That seem like a good deal...

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well were I usually go to in my neck of CT, shotgun shells no problem, turkey loads not a problem, 7mm Remington Magnum, I shoot one, its on the shelf some 270's too, 30-06 is short, no 308 , 223, 9mm 40cal 45 cal, or 22 LR. I have not been up to East Hartford so I don't know what is on the shelf at Cabelas, a friend of mine was up there a few weeks back and said they had lots of 17HMR and some 22LR but he as the attention span of a mosquito! I plan on laying in some more 7mm RM, just so that I have it and not have to comply with the new laws here, I should be moving as soon as I find employment in some other state, I am looking to go West or back to Alaska. And I will never return to CT. I was stupid in 2006 coming down from Alaska to go to a funeral and I got roped into something I didn't want to do. Oh well

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Went to a gunshow this weekend. Decent amount of ammo if you wanted to drop $35 for a box of standard 243 core-lokts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just read a post on Facebook from one of my old high school buddies that works at the Remington plant complaining about the lack of .22lr. He said Remington is up to almost 7 million rounds of .22lr a day, but he can't get his hands on any of it. I have only seen .22lr in one place here since Nov, so I bought a few boxes, just not enough.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You got a link? Can't just post 40 ammo at .28 cents per round.. Without helping a brother out. smile

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coach_W

You got a link? Can't just post 40 ammo at .28 cents per round.. Without helping a brother out. smile

http://atlantaarmsandammo.com/

Call em and see if they're taking new customers, they weren't back around February.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,020 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.