Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice....

Okay Travis, Gruff, and Aces.

What I meant was... In my opinion, the Small Forest axe from Gransfors Brux appeals to me more than the hunters axe. It feels more like an axe in your hands. The only way GB could make an axe uglier than that Hunters Axe is if it was stainless and synthetic. I find fat girls in mini vans wearing sweat pants more attractive than GB's Hunter axe.

Oh, and 90% of what I use an axe for is cutting on wood somehow.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
BP-B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Oh, gotcha. But, just so you know, there is a sharp end of a GB Hunter's Axe, so you can still use it 90% of the time for cutting wood. And, I'm sure fat girls in mini vans wearing sweat pants find you equally attractive.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My 1st ever GB was a Hunters Ax. Didn't really care for the rounded poll so I promptly gave it away. I could see the craftsmanship in the GB'S though and my collection soon began.

I would love to own one of the Viking Axes as well as the Battle Ax and of course a couple broad axes and a Froe.

GB is the best of old wold craftsmanship in a modern world.

Ed T

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by acesandeights
Hunters Axe

The Hunters Axe (on top) clearly lacks the mojo that the Small Forest has (on bottom)

[Linked Image]

Also worth noting is that the GB Small Forest weighs only 8 ounces more than the one handed Fiskars/Gerber hatchet.

They both sort of resemble hail-damaged minivan pilots to me.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Huh!!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am having a hard time not buying one of their four lugged chopping axes. It is about the same size as the small forest axe (slightly longer handle), with a bit of old school charm.

Chet

[Linked Image]

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

For a few years I packed my hatchet that used to be my grandfathers. It's small, lite and holds a wicked edge. Used it some, but it doesn't go in the pack anymore. I've found that a small folding saw is a lot more practical for my uses.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Ed_T
My 1st ever GB was a Hunters Ax. Didn't really care for the rounded poll so I promptly gave it away. I could see the craftsmanship in the GB'S though and my collection soon began.

I would love to own one of the Viking Axes as well as the Battle Ax and of course a couple broad axes and a Froe.

GB is the best of old wold craftsmanship in a modern world.
That last line Ed sums up the reason I want to buy them.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of them. The only thing that goes wrong with them is they get stolen if left out by themselves too much.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.