Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

BP-B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I think the conservatives of this country should stop spending so much time being "respectful", and start saying what needs to be said. If that means flying the flag upside down, then so be it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Flat out communists stealing elections, international gun smuggling as a back door attack on BoR, regulatory agencies attacking those who exercise their rights clearly desiring rights be removed, inviting foreign nationals paying them to come then allow move about freely within borders behaving in complete disregard for laws enforced on Americans who belong here, abandon Americans to die on US soil, both here and abroad, at the hands of terrorists and foreign insurgent criminal organizations, and all the while blowing smoke up our arses telling all is A-Okay through their propaganda machine sounds like the next best thing to a shooting war to me.

Under the quoted from US code description above, yeah, it qualifies.

IN SPADES!

Flying the US flag upside down is no different to me than flying the good old don't tread on me flag. Very appropriate IMO.

One is a statement of fact.
The other is a warning.
I take both very seriously and agree whole heartedly.

If the commie [bleep] junkies do'nt like it, they can look the other way, but they better know this...
I"m watching them.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I think the conservatives of this country should stop spending so much time being "respectful", and start saying what needs to be said. If that means flying the flag upside down, then so be it.

Yep.
There's nothing disrepsectful about doing what's right.

Respecting enemies.
Who dreams this chit up?

They don't respect you.
If they did they wouldn't be your enemies.

Enemies to our free country respect only one thing: force.

Nothing wrong with defending what is right and what is yours.

If ya haven't the courage to defend, and use force doing it, you don't deserve what you have.

I say our enemies are biting off more than they can chew.
What say you?

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Amen to that! Preach it brother!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Respectfully take down and fold the Stars and Stripes and run up the Gadsden flag.
Enough of those flying will send the message and not offend any one.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ribbons on trees, signs in yards, flags flying upside down, all mean not but I guess they give people the feeling of doing something.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I was under the impression that when the US flag was flown upside down, it was a sign of distress or all is not well . . .
Of course it is.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by byc
TRH started this whole damned thing.
I was just following Terry's (T Lee's) example. He did it first.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by phil223
I've noticed a lot of flags turned over in Norman Ok today. Looks like people are starting to get fed up with our goverment.

Should be a hanging offence. If flag burning is disrespectful so should hanging the national flag upside down. Pretty simple really
yea, for the simple minded.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by phil223
I've noticed a lot of flags turned over in Norman Ok today. Looks like people are starting to get fed up with our goverment.

Should be a hanging offence. If flag burning is disrespectful so should hanging the national flag upside down. Pretty simple really
yea, for the simple minded.

Yea. I mean......When the POTUS promotes schitting on cop cars and people's front porches, we're really not above anything at this point.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If only we'd had shoes!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I'd just as soon see a democrat hanging from a flag pole. grin

I have a few candidates to nominate, in case you are taking applications...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Many people have died for this flag. Disrespect it and you disrespect them. Anyone who disagrees can leave the country at will. God Bless and Semper Fi.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bartman
Many people have died for this flag. Disrespect it and you disrespect them. Anyone who disagrees can leave the country at will. God Bless and Semper Fi.

I disagree, and I'm humbly in a position to know a thing or two about the subject.

Those men and women died for an ideal, not a piece of cloth. The cloth upside down is a sign of duress, and these are times of great duress.

What they fought and died for was rather this, said best and forever by Lincoln...

"But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
A fine speach by Lincoln, no doubt. However, I find it curiously hypocritical of him to state that "a government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." He was then the C-in-C of the largest military force ever assembled in the western hemisphere whose declared sole purpose was to deny that exact same right of self govenment he described to his former contrymen. Kinda like back when Obummer was campaigning for his first term when he stated that America was the greatest nation on earth, then asked for support so he could fundamentally change it. People for the most part seem to hear the tone of the words spoken and are impressed by that, but seldom do they seem to actually listen to what is being said.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
either he or whomever his speech writer was, were certainly eloquent

that's the part that bugs me the most about what I see happening to our country. Sooo many good men have died to preserve our freedoms and we're just watching them get watered down further and further.

taking or limiting our rights and freedoms is NOT progress, no matter what progressives say

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Except not.

Lincoln's position was that, having been joined into the Union, no individual state, or group of states, could constitutionally succeed from the Union without a majority vote of the other states, which none of the Southern States could muster.

And, leaving the Union so you could continue to own other people and treat them as property was at best morally reprehensible, and at least a good reason to get your asses handed to you.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Except not.

And, leaving the Union so you could continue to own other people and treat them as property was at best morally reprehensible, and at least a good reason to get your asses handed to you.

The problem with that premise is a unamamus resolution passed by the U.S. Congress in 1861 stating that the sole purpose of the war was for the preservation of the union and no other reason. That combined with the proposed constitutional amendment by Lincoln himself that would have guaranteed the continuation and protection of slavery in the U.S. where it was then allowed forever if the seceeding states would return. Additionally, if this was some great moral crusade against slavery, why did Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation of 1863, two years into the war, not apply to the slave owning states of Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware, the newly (and illegally) formed state of West Virginia, and to several southern parishes of Louisiana? In the case of Louisiana, could it possibly have had anything to do with the then occupying federal army running the sugar cane and cotton plantations located there with slave labor? Contrary to what you may want to think, I am not defending slavery, but I do think it best to tell the whole truth. How about doing a bit of research into how the great Yankee righteous crusaders robbed, murdered, raped, and destroyed the homes of southern civilians, both black and white, supporters of the union and seccessionists alike. How many free blacks were murdered in the draft riots in New York City, including an orphanage for black children that were burned alive? Why was it illegal for a free black to settle in Lincoln's own home state of Illinois, to say nothing of having voting rights? The simple facts are that the great majority of northerners did not give a rats ass about blacks. The war was fought over political power and taxation. Political power to levy huge taxes by a majority over a minority section of the nation (the southern states). Do a bit of research concerning taxes levied by a northern political majority exclusively on southern produced export products while none on northern produced products. Just before the most of the southern states attempted to leave, they were producing about 70% of the total revenues to the federal government and virtually none of the tax revenues were being spent on any public projects in the south. At the time this nation had only some 84 years before declared its independence and fought a terrible struggle for it for far less good reasons than the south had. The war was a tradgety of epic proportions, but certainly not a struggle of the all righteous aginst the evil heathens. Former Confederate President Jefferson Davis in his latter years is quoted as lamenting that the issues for which the south struggled have not been settled and the issues will once again in the future need to be addressed. Obviously, he was not referring to slavery.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Mr Walter the ideal is represented by the flag, perhaps you could go over the fine points of Lincoln's administration and narratives in Libya or Burma.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
308 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.