Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CATHOLIC, THIS IS EYE OPENING ...

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no hospitals. Today, one out of five people in this country receive their medical care at a Catholic hospital.

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no schools. Today, the Catholic Church teaches 3 million students a day, in its more than 250 Catholic Colleges and Universities, in its more than 1200 Catholic High Schools and its more than 5000 Catholic grade schools.

Every day, the Catholic Church feeds, clothes, shelters and educates more people than any other organization in the world.

The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the tax payers would have to make up the loss. Also, all Catholic adoption services would come to an end. A human disaster.

There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president. I am asking all of you to go to the polls in 2014 and be united in replacing all Senators and Reps with someone who will respect the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions besides Islam.

Mr. President, you said, "The USA is not a Christian Nation." You are wrong - we are a Christian Nation founded on Judeo-Christian values allowing all religions in America to Worship and Practice Freely. Something Islam will never do.

Oh, by the way, on MUSLIM HERITAGE IN America...

Have you ever been to a Muslim hospital?

Have you heard a Muslim orchestra?

Have you seen a Muslim band march in a parade?

Have you witnessed a Muslim charity?

Have you seen Muslims shaking hands with a Muslim Girl Scouts?

Have you seen a Muslim Candy Striper?

Have you ever seen a Muslim do anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Prior to Vatican II, the Roman Catholic Church was on a course towards totally dominating the United States by way of conversions. Statisticians were forecasting a predominantly Roman Catholic United States within just a few decades. After Vatican II, converts essentially disappeared, and Catholic families started abandoning the Church in droves. To them, it was like the Church was telling the world that it no longer believed in itself, abandoning practices and teachings from immemorial tradition.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no hospitals. Today, one out of five people in this country receive their medical care at a Catholic hospital.

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no schools. Today, the Catholic Church teaches 3 million students a day, in its more than 250 Catholic Colleges and Universities, in its more than 1200 Catholic High Schools and its more than 5000 Catholic grade schools.

Every day, the Catholic Church feeds, clothes, shelters and educates more people than any other organization in the world.

The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the tax payers would have to make up the loss. Also, all Catholic adoption services would come to an end. A human disaster.

There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president. I am asking all of you to go to the polls in 2014 and be united in replacing all Senators and Reps with someone who will respect the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions besides Islam.

Mr. President, you said, "The USA is not a Christian Nation." You are wrong - we are a Christian Nation founded on Judeo-Christian values allowing all religions in America to Worship and Practice Freely. Something Islam will never do.

Have you ever seen a Muslim do anything that contributes positively to the American way of life?

Thanks OrangeOkie, and yes, CHRISTIANS were behind education--schools, healthcare--hospitals, and elevating females above subservient and slave status in society. This is while Islam force feeds minors in a wicked dogma, kills innocent women and children in the name of Jihad; that is, when they are not stoning their own women or "circumsizing" them for various infractions.

Other than these minor differences, the Middle East, and now where ever they reach critical mass, is a pleasant place to live.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taking a bigger cut from the Bingo pot didn't help, either. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The problem with Catholic voters is that they (we) are Democrats before we are Catholics.

There is an indoctrination that somehow the Church finds true charity through the confusion of tithe in the tax code......

And yet the Church denies ObamaCare based on what? (Semantics mine).

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It has always been a mystery to me how Catholics can be Dems.

The main problem this Lutheran has with Catholics in America is that there aren't enough good ones.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'm not catholic or luthern but i remember something about not judging or you will be judged. ED K

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Prior to Vatican II, the Roman Catholic Church was on a course towards totally dominating the United States by way of conversions. Statisticians were forecasting a predominantly Roman Catholic United States within just a few decades. After Vatican II, converts essentially disappeared, and Catholic families started abandoning the Church by the droves. To them, it was like the Church was telling the world that it no longer believed in itself, abandoning practices and teachings from immemorial tradition.

Man....did you hit the nail on the head with that posting!

Hmmmm....whatever happened to Benediction???

Even birds know not to land downwind!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
It has always been a mystery to me how Catholics can be Dems.

The main problem this Lutheran has with Catholics in America is that there aren't enough good ones.

Many Catholics cannot render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.....

Institutions oft are not incorrect in the eyes of thousands of years of history.
Men and leaders consumed with the short term have oft plagued us with thousands of examples in few years of such folly.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Thanks OrangeOkie, and yes, CHRISTIANS were behind education--schools, healthcare--hospitals, and elevating females above subservient and slave status in society. This is while Islam force feeds minors in a wicked dogma, kills innocent women and children in the name of Jihad; that is, when they are not stoning their own women or "circumsizing" them for various infractions.

Other than these minor differences, the Middle East, and now where ever they reach critical mass, is a pleasant place to live.

This, is precisely the sort of deliberate distortion of both historical fact and what a member here actually posted that weakens the vital ability of this and other sites to combat the foul, evil and genocidal scourges of Islam, Communism and resurgent Nazism, as seen in current "Yurp".

"Christians", ARE NOT the religious group that "OO" posted about and the works by the Catholic Church, were and are not done by them. .

As to the comments concerning "Vatican II", this is an extreme and highly speculative opinion and one that tends to abjure and defy the teachings of "The Holy See".

As to Islam and that creature now in "The White House" wellllll, his very existence is an indication of the moral rot, the foul decay and the creeping evil of leftist secularism that is rapidly destroying Western Civilization.

I hope that the great nation to our south WILL awaken as, finally, after Pearl Harbour and get rid of him and his utterly revolting wife and ugly spawn.

The various Christian denominations have their own contributions to civilization to be proud of and some to be less so, however, they are not an aspect of the RC issues acknowledged above.

With that, I do think that the most productive method of containing the world enemy, the bloody savagery of Islam, would be a united "Judeo-Christian" front against these savages, all Commies and the "neo-Nazis" and a continued support of the moderate factions of Israel...and, that includes lending military assistance when/if needed, as I think it soon will be.

Can't you Yanks somehow impeach that disgrace to humankind and get a person like former Senator Bob Dole for POTUS....wouldn't THAT be a Godsend, at this crucial moment in our shared history!?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Man....did you hit the nail on the head with that posting!

Hmmmm....whatever happened to Benediction???
How Medieval of you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kutenay
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

This, is precisely the sort of deliberate distortion of both historical fact and what a member here actually posted that weakens the vital ability of this and other sites to combat the foul, evil and genocidal scourges of Islam, Communism and resurgent Nazism, as seen in current "Yurp".

"Christians", ARE NOT the religious group that "OO" posted about and the works by the Catholic Church, were and are not done by them. .

As to the comments concerning "Vatican II", this is an extreme and highly speculative opinion and one that tends to abjure and defy the teachings of "The Holy See".

As to Islam and that creature now in "The White House" wellllll, his very existence is an indication of the moral rot, the foul decay and the creeping evil of leftist secularism that is rapidly destroying Western Civilization.

I hope that the great nation to our south WILL awaken as, finally, after Pearl Harbour and get rid of him and his utterly revolting wife and ugly spawn.

The various Christian denominations have their own contributions to civilization to be proud of and some to be less so, however, they are not an aspect of the RC issues acknowledged above.

With that, I do think that the most productive method of containing the world enemy, the bloody savagery of Islam, would be a united "Judeo-Christian" front against these savages, all Commies and the "neo-Nazis" and a continued support of the moderate factions of Israel...and, that includes lending military assistance when/if needed, as I think it soon will be.

Can't you Yanks somehow impeach that disgrace to humankind and get a person like former Senator Bob Dole for POTUS....wouldn't THAT be a Godsend, at this crucial moment in our shared history!?

Confused? I think we agree Kute.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Yup, Kute nailed it. Again.

I'm ever amazed that lapsed Catholics are such experts on the Church.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...As to Islam and that creature now in "The White House" wellllll, his very existence is an indication of the moral rot, the foul decay and the creeping evil of leftist secularism that is rapidly destroying Western Civilization.

I hope that the great nation to our south WILL awaken as, finally, after Pearl Harbour and get rid of him and his utterly revolting wife and ugly spawn...

You do have a way with words.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When the Catholic Church was founded . .

For the first 1000 years after Christ, there was only the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ. In 1054, the Bishop of Rome excommunicated the Bishop of Constantinople who promptly returned the favor.

The Roman Catholic denomination and the Easter Orthodox denominations were both founded in 1054.

In 1522, a German monk nailed his 95 Theses to the church door in Wittenberg, and Western Christendom fragmented into where we are today.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=George_De_Vries_3rd][quote=OrangeOkie]live.
and ugly spawn.
[/quote

Hey Kutenay, WTF?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The comment is directed at the progeny of "The Kenyan" and not at or to any other person or institution.

When, I was still living in Nelson, running my small, independent bookstore and very active in several aspects of conservation, MY "religion" if you care to know my actual spiritual foundation, the Anglican, United Church of Canada, retired Presbyterian and a Mormon clerics were ALL quite good friends of mine, especially the late Dean Alan Jackson, former Anglican Dean of Kootenay and one of the finest men I have ever had the genuine honour of knowing.

BUT, when it comes to that scrawney "boogaloo" in the White House, well, I go with the majority here in my feelings about him and I wish that he would retire to Kenya or maybe Saudi Arabia, where his sort belong...I ain't REAL keen on ANY relgion that practices "suicide bombing"......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by edk
I'm not catholic or luthern but i remember something about not judging or you will be judged. ED K

Sorry ol head, that was not judgment, but wishing my Catholic brethren well in promulgating their moral doctrine. I wish there were more good orthodox Lutherans too. I wish I were better, too. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The comment is directed at the progeny of "The Kenyan" and not at or to any other person or institution.

"......

That was my point, WTF?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, there are some of us who consider "Christ-centered" Catholics Christian, and Christian non-Catholics the same. Who'd 'a thought? confused

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
102 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,354 guests, and 677 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.