Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Fearing unionization (and subsequent bankruptcy).

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boeing is not leaving Washington. All of their production facilities will remain.

They do intend to relocate their corporate HQ, and to decentralize control of their major divisions.
Funny that Chicago would be considered as a site for their new HQ if they were trying to leave unions behind.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Didn't Boeing move its headquarters to Chicago years ago?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Boeing's headquarters has been in Chicago since 2001. I remember when they were talking about moving it and the DFW area was in contention. The talk at the time was that they chose Chicago because of Lake Michigan and how it would cater better to the executives with the large boats as a replacement somewhat for Puget Sound.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbob
Boeing's headquarters has been in Chicago since 2001.

Real hot news scoop, Eyejob.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There are rumblings of them moving a great part if not all manufacturing to places like South Carolina. That would be the anti-union aspect of the story.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by eyeball
Fearing unionization (and subsequent bankruptcy).

LINK?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are rumblings of them moving a great part if not all manufacturing to places like South Carolina. That would be the anti-union aspect of the story.

I have heard that Boeing would like to build a second production line for the 787. With the safety issues that the 787 is having, i don't know of that will come off.
If it does, I've heard that eastern Europe is as likely a spot as South Carolina.

I remember the talk about Boeing looking at chicago for a HQ. Odd that I live 120 miles from there and never heard that it happened.

As far as I know, even Boeing's white collar bunch is union. Not sure how far that extends.

Manufacturers worldwide are focusing more on bottom line profits and less on core product issues. Investor driven business models generally focus on the near term. Hope that doesn't occur with Boeing.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Darn. I guess Foxy News just got the story several years late.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the real story.

BOEING MOVING HUNDREDS OF JOBS TO NONUNION LOCATIONS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...g-Hundreds-Of-Jobs-To-Nonunion-Locations

On Friday, Boeing announced plans to transfer 300 engineering jobs from Washington state to nonunion locations in Long Beach, California and North Charleston, South Carolina.

The aeronautics giant also says it is considering opening a new design facility in Kiev, Ukraine to support its Moscow operations, which employ 1,200 workers.
�It doesn�t mean the sky is failing,� Gov. Jay Inslee�s aerospace chief Alex Pietsch told the Seattle Times. "They are not leaving. They are just diversifying. It�s the nature of the industry and the way things seem to be going.�
Boeing�s decision to shift work to the nonunion South Carolina location comes on the heels of its April announcement that it would make a $1 billion investment in its South Carolina operations.

Last week, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Courier of Charleston obtained an email sent to South Carolina Boeing workers from general plant manager Jack Jones that encouraged them not to unionize.

"I want to be clear that it's Boeing's desire to remain union-free in South Carolina so we can keep the open culture of collaboration between teammates that we're all working hard to build,� Jones wrote. �I firmly believe a union is not in your best interest, nor is it in the best interest of our company, our BSC site, our customers, nor our community."

Boeing employs over 170,000 workers worldwide.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
300 engineering jobs moving from WA to SoCal does not equate to Boeing leaving WA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logger
Didn't Boeing move its headquarters to Chicago years ago?

BINGO someone has it right.

Originally Posted by Plinker
300 engineering jobs moving from WA to SoCal does not equate to Boeing leaving WA.

But it is another attempt for employee take aways. Too bad some of those take aways aren't coming from Jimbo McNerney who is the first CEO to ever deliver an Airplane not only late but 3 years late. Even at that he got what a 20 million dollar boneass. But the company just can't afford many employee benefits any more. Just ask Jimbo.

Boeing's headquarters has been in Chicago since 2001. I remember when they were talking about moving it and the DFW area was in contention. The talk at the time was that they chose Chicago because of Lake Michigan and how it would cater better to the executives with the large boats as a replacement somewhat for Puget Sound.

The fact is when bOEING paid McDougal Dauglass to take them over a large number of the McDougal share holders wanted the HQ in Chitcago because it was closer to them and would cut their travel to share holder meeting. When the dust all settled McDougal share holders owned the greatest share of bOEING. Not a bad scam if you can get a company to pay you for buying them out. Plus pay to upgrade most of you're behind the times computing technology you have neglected for ten years.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/02/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like yet another case of a union wanting to be where it's not needed. The unions originally were born out of the horrible conditions in the mines, the packing houses, and the railroads. They were sorely needed at that time and a lot of blood was spilled before they won and got decent working conditions for the members. However, that's not the case with a company like Boeing. Here the union would just be a greed and power grab.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Sounds like yet another case of a union wanting to be where it's not needed. The unions originally were born out of the horrible conditions in the mines, the packing houses, and the railroads. They were sorely needed at that time and a lot of blood was spilled before they won and got decent working conditions for the members. However, that's not the case with a company like Boeing. Here the union would just be a greed and power grab.

I see you haven't worked for boeing lately.

NRA Lifetime Member
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
keeping their HQ's flagged in the US is going to become job one.

South Carolina would be a last ditch effort to keep their flag stateside, imho.

they can go anywhere in the world, based upon offers recieved.

and who could blame them?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
would the last Boeing employee to leave Washington please take down the flag?
That line has been around for a lot of years

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBREW401
would the last Boeing employee to leave Washington please take down the flag?
That line has been around for a lot of years

Actually the quote was "will the last Boeing employee to leave Seattle turn out the lights". In 1969.

NRA Lifetime Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Actually the quote was "will the last Boeing employee to leave Seattle turn out the lights". In 1969.

Yep. It was widely said when I lived in Seattle 1986-1987.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Boeing has owned and used the Long Beach, CA plant for years, purchasing it from the McDonald Douglas company. Their plan from what I've read so far is to move their division that deals with the maintenance and upkeep of planes that they no longer produce to Long Beach from Washington which will wind up with the relocation of some 300 employees from the Washington plant.

Doesn't mean anything except that Boeing is making use of property they already own, and one which is a huge site.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Boeing has owned and used the Long Beach, CA plant for years, purchasing it from the McDonald Douglas company. Their plan from what I've read so far is to move their division that deals with the maintenance and upkeep of planes that they no longer produce to Long Beach from Washington which will wind up with the relocation of some 300 employees from the Washington plant.

Doesn't mean anything except that Boeing is making use of property they already own, and one which is a huge site.

Phil

What it really means is bOEING McDougal sold off a ton of Kaliforniastan properties so that they could show share holders a profit while they were losing their ass. But they kept a few more valuable properties. I doubt you're ever going to see anything substanial ever happen behind the citrus curtian. Other little games are being played.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.