Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
morning bump

Its history, in which President Obama presided over �exponential growth� in a program that candidate Obama criticized, shows how fundamentally surveillance law and practice have shifted away from individual suspicion in favor of systematic, mass collection techniques.

The PRISM program is not a dragnet, exactly. From inside a company�s data stream the NSA is capable of pulling out anything it likes, but under current rules the agency does not try to collect it all.
Analysts who use the system from a Web portal at Fort Meade key in �selectors,� or search terms, that are designed to produce at least 51 percent confidence in a target�s �foreignness.� That is not a very stringent test. Training materials obtained by the Post instruct new analysts to submit accidentally collected U.S. content for a quarterly report, �but it�s nothing to worry about.�

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a good place to get a job. someone has to keep all this running...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bea175
I would love to read the records they have on the 24 hour Camp Fire .

That could explain the loss of VAnimrod here.........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by logger
And yet they didn't have a clue about the Boston bombers. I guess they were too busy tracking all of those dangerous Tea Party types.

Or taking stoplight pictures of those dangerous seatbelt criminals.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by logger
And yet they didn't have a clue about the Boston bombers. I guess they were too busy tracking all of those dangerous Tea Party types.

bingo. this.

the name of the saudi ALONE should have sent flags up. but, like the IRS, I would bet that the antennae were pointed in the wrong direction, worrying about "internal threats."

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by denton
To what extent did Obama's campaign mine our data to influence the election?

The same amount that the McCain and Mittster campaign did? Don't attempt to spin this into the reason the GOP lost the last 2 elections! This type of garbage flows equally into both parties.

NO, mostly to the party in power. They can keep that stuff away from the other side.

Read: Northwestalaska/Walt Wrong about Palin�Again�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
'Fascism�: Bob Beckel Explodes at Obama for �Deplorable� NSA Phone Records Grab
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv

Fox News� The Five co-host Bob Beckel:
�I think it is one of the most outrageous examples of the stepping on the Constitution I�ve heard. They have no right to the phone records� It is illegal, it is unconstitutional, and it is deplorable. I didn�t like it when they did it during the Bush administration and I don�t like when they�re doing it now.�

�They have taken this PATRIOT Act, which I think was the most dangerous act passed, and they have taken it and abused it,� Beck added. �You talk about fascism? You�re getting damn close to it."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
As long as it potentially saves one life, why not? I mean, if you have nothing to hide...

It seems to have contributed little to preventing recent debacles such as Benghazi, Sandy Hook, Fast & Furious, Eric Holder, Boston, etc. etc. etc. What one life has it saved?

Regardless, in theory I could agree with your thought IF I trusted government. I don't and never will. If the antics of Bush II and Obama make you comfortable, by all means, relax. If not, you're in good company. They have each used federal power against its citizens and excuse it by saying there is a higher priority than our rights. That is a pathetic position which neither protects the People or cures the problems we face these days. In short they were and are puzzy weak on foreign policy and lacking basic understanding of what is necessary to resolve the threats.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. The dickweed in the Oval Office has demonstrated that succinctly.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nah. He was corrupt before being elected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's the future that I'm worried about.

Let's just say that Prism, at this point in time, is being used exactly as intended with no abuses. The people that authorized and implemented it believe it's for the good of the people.

The problem is it's a freakin' Pandora's Box of horrors. The potential for abuse is so great that this a power that govt should never possess.

It's unconstitutional.

DD, you nailed it. Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One other thing.

It will be interesting to see what the Supreme Court has to say about this.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know about you guys, but I get emails every day from people, in other countries, trying to pay me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't know about you guys, but I get emails every day from people, in other countries, trying to pay me.

Half up front and the other half when you complete your mission.

TERRORIST !!! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I have to do is send them a small fee to verify my commitment to the cause.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
One other thing.

It will be interesting to see what the Supreme Court has to say about this.

They will fade and creep into the shadows just like they did on oberrycare. They know who signs the cheek. Even people in the SCOTUS get sick and have accidents.

NRA Lifetime Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hey guys this just came over the radio:

John has a grey mustache!
John has a grey mustache!

Wonder if they will figure out what it means?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hussein just said that every member of Congress has been briefed on this.

I don't know what to say.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fish head
Hussein just said that every member of Congress has been briefed on this.

I don't know what to say.

...and that is why I want to know who leaked this. My guess from the get-go was the Whitehouse. Obama needs Congress to be vilified...and fast.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My guess is NSA leaked it to avoid what's facing them now. Those 2 new whistle-blowers who came out today wasn't a coincidence. Folks are beginning to realize schit is truly about to hit the fan.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sure hope you're right. I get tired of it sometime. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
451 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.