Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Have had mine for 14 years. No problems at all. They are assembled in Texas.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I do love my JD 300X Mower.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just try to find an American made tractor under 50hp........they are all made offshore..........

As far as Mahindra goes.......they were my second choice after Kubota.........one of the Mahindras I was looking at had MItsubishi power.........I bought the Kubota.

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That is nice, What model if you don't mind.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I believe most do have a Mitsubishi plant.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Hard to beat green for re-sale and parts when you need them.

Tractor brands come and go, dealers come and go. The John Deere record speaks for itself. Their dealers are the most financially stable in the business and green has been green since the beginning. No re-branding, no buy out by other companies, just consistent excellence over the years.

That said, at the retail level, it all boils down to the dealer, IMHO.

DF

Out of curiousity I punched in John Deere to find the nearest dealer. There's 3 Mahindra dealers closer than the nearest Deere dealer. Well we have a Deere dealer in town but they only sell skidders and such.

I don't own either.

Otto is my co-pilot.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
we have 3510 and its been solid with all most 900 hrs so far

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
while there u can good to "ranch house bbq" for some Dam good eats!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Something to watch out for...
I've seen a couple foreign made tractors with front loaders with the following specs:
loader maximum dump angle: 45 degrees

A loader that won't dump 90 degrees is useless. It won't dump anything stickier than water or marbles. With dirt or manure, you'll have to shovel it out.

One of them was the Nortrack sold by Northern Tool. I can't remember the other one.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Just try to find an American made tractor under 50hp........they are all made offshore..........

As far as Mahindra goes.......they were my second choice after Kubota.........one of the Mahindras I was looking at had MItsubishi power.........I bought the Kubota.

You beat me to it on the small tractors and where they are made.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a 40 hp, 4WD Tong-Yang (TY) that was sold by a Mahindra dealer. He told me Mahindra basically built at least this model. It has a Kubota diesel engine and front end loader. Great "little" tractor! I mow in the woods with it cutting trails and clearing food plots, used it to build my driveway at the camp, move downed trees, and haul dead critters out of the woods. Hooking a big buck or hog to a front end loader is one heck of a lot better than throwing a rope over a tree limb! I have had zero problems or complaints with this tractor.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My brother bought a small JD a few years ago, not sure of the model number but it's 55 hp. One of the mechanics at the local JD dealer is a neighbor and told him it's a Mahindra with green paint. Said the part numbers matches mahindra's right down the line. It's been abused, but has had no problems.
A small compact Bobcat tractor he uses to scrape manure in the free stall barn is a totally different story. That thing is always broke down.
There is a John Deere R&D plant a few miles from me, build transmissions and trans-axles. The shop I worked for several years ago contracted to build some assembly fixtures for a new assembly plant John Deere was building in Mexico. The fixtures we made would be used for tractors from 75-105 hp in that plant. I was told at that time that there were no tractors of any brand under 100 hp made in the US.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't really know about the Mahindra tractors, but one generally gets what he pays for. Here in farm country there are two kinds of farmers; those that have John Deeres, and those that wish they could afford them :-) Seriously, I was service manager for a John Deere dealership for many years. Deere stands behind there products like no other company I have ever dealt with. If John Q. Public has an issue with a Deere product, Deere will make the necessary mods to correct the problem. Many other Companies will leave you high and dry after the warranty expires - unless it is a safety issue. I have a 55 hp. MFWD JD tractor/loader and it is used hard here. Plows snow for the immediate neighbor hood, moves dirt, splits wood, tills food plots, mows weeds. Tractor has never had a wrench laid on it except for routine maintenance. No matter what tractor you decide on, get the MFWD. They will go through snow and mud something unbelievable. My JD 314 hydro L&G tractor is probably around 30 years old and never been in the repair shop. I keep thinking every year it will spit the bit and it just keeps on going. For resale value, nothing beats JD. Mahindra may be a great tractor, but they are years away from proving they're as good as a Deere.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I have owned a Kioti for going on ten years with zero issues. Similar set up as Mahindra and other imports, sent here in crates and assembled by Americans[or more likely Latino's on American soil]

FJB & FJT
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yep. we've got a Kubota assembly plant near us in ne ga.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a 4035 with 4wd last year 200 hours on it, ive had a kioti and a Kubota in same horsepower, this tractor weighs more, pushes snow better, does everything better,,,i use it for something almost everyday, post holes, moving one ton bales, rototilling for all kinds people, brush hog mowing,,,i wouldn't look twice at a green tractor,,,,10-15 thousand dollars more for a tractor that weighs less,, what a joke, I don't need resell, I didn't buy it to resell, the green tractor owners always bring that up because there always needing to get a new one,,,,,

5 yr warranty, 0 percent financing, and a tractor that if buy by the pound is a lot more tractor for your money,,,,

just my thoughts after being around a lot of 30-50 horse tractors

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

http://www.compacttractorreview.com/articles/Compact-Tractor-Companies.aspx

manufacture info above..

FWIW, I'm not sure there's any really bad choice among the bunch. Each will do the jobs that are needed to be done..

Other than the unit color itself - consider what you need it to do. For instance, back in '77 when I was looking for a 40-50 hp tractor, it had to be versatile enough to do all the tasks I had to do - not just be a specialized unit.. It had to be able to cultivate corn with 32" rows and not drive over the plants (wheel spread distance). It had to lift "X" pounds with a loader and rise to "X" height. It had to have sufficient hydraulic pressure and capacity.

At the time, the closest dealers were IH, Deere and Satoh. Of the three, the Satoh fit the needs and much, much more.. Such as power steering. 540/1000 PTO speed. 9 forward/3 reverse gears. Differential lock. Plus, it was so efficient that the 9 gallon tank of diesel lasted all day in the field.. The other two could not compete at the time.. I kept that tractor for 25 years before I traded it for my current 4210 Deere - mainly because I knew parts availability was getting to be a real problem. Over the course of that period I think I had about $1,000 total in repairs and only had to replace two front tires. I loved that thing.

The 4210 I have now does everything the Satoh did and a bit more, with the exception of loader height. I had only two dealers (at the time) close to me; Deere and New Holland. They both had similar size tractors, nearly identical in price and similarly appointed. What swayed me to the Deere was two things: front axle design (MUCH, MUCH sturdier on the Deere) and the top link attachment at the back (MUCH MUCH sturdier/better design on the Deere).

I've had it ten years now and except for a trans bearing that went out I've only put oil and diesel in it and it works like a dog when ya need it.

Bottom line - you need to consider the jobs it must do, the dealer involved (close by, takes care of you) and the overall price of the unit and availability of possibly needed parts.

The rest will take care of itself..

FWIW

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
As posted earlier, I like green.

But a lot depends on the local dealership and their service reputation.

When you buy a tractor, you're in effect, buying a dealership.

We just so happen to have a great local JD dealer. In another neck of the woods, another dealership/tractor may be the right choice.

IMHO,

DF

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Something to watch out for...
I've seen a couple foreign made tractors with front loaders with the following specs:
loader maximum dump angle: 45 degrees

A loader that won't dump 90 degrees is useless. It won't dump anything stickier than water or marbles. With dirt or manure, you'll have to shovel it out.

One of them was the Nortrack sold by Northern Tool. I can't remember the other one.

Thanks again RC, I will check into that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

627 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,994
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.