Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

BedRug Liner

The BedRug uses closed-cell foam which is non-abrasive and will not scratch the finish of your truck and installation is done without drilling holes. Put simply, the BedRug can be used for years and when removed, your bed looks like it did the day you bought the truck.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
it's a truck bed does it matter if it's scratched, after all it is a truck bed

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I pretty much don't care if my whole truck gets scratched. I didn't buy it to enter in car shows. New rigs have way too much chrome and frilly crap on em. Montana pin stripes are beautiful. mtmuley

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
After hauling a steel stock rack and 4 llamas all over the mountains for a hunting season, my truck bed is not pretty, nor do I care.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm not familiar with the Bedrug. I had a spray on bedliner put in my Tundra and then a $60 rubber mat on that because the sprayed on liner is slick. If I were to ever haul chicken manure or gravel in my truck I'd take the mat out so I could use a shovel to unload it. With the Bedrug it looks like you'd lose the velcro if you ever took out the mat to haul chicken manure.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Slide in liners aren't abrasive. Dirt gets between liner and bed, liner vibrates, and dirt wears through paint. That's what causes rust under those things. Bedrug weighs almost nothing and probably works ok, but doesn't look like it would hold up to much abuse. Can't beat a good spray in liner. Line-X is about indestructible.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Got one in my Ram, I really like it.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
it's a truck bed does it matter if it's scratched, after all it is a truck bed

I bought a truck a few years ago that I think the guy hauled bowling balls wrapped in barb wire in it for a living. It was weird too because the exterior was immaculate. I never figured out how you trash a box that bad without scratching anything else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had to put a bed mat in my 2005 Tacoma because, although the factory bed is pretty much indestructible, it is slick and things slide around like they were on ice. I bought one from the Toyota dealer for about $80 and its still intact after more than 8 years of hauling just about everything you can think of that would fit in a Tacoma's bed.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Line Ex for me. I use a "milking mat" from Tractor Supply to limit sliding.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had rubber bed mats in my truck beds for years. Work well as expected, no issues. Wish they'd been around years ago, when my trucks were work trucks.

Any of my trucks that had caps back then, usually had a piece of plywood covered with rubber-backed indoor/outdoor carpeting in 'em. So did my work vans.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I'm a little late to the conversation, but I have the BedLiner in my truck. It's a 2002 Toyota Tacoma that I bought last year. The BedLiner was put in back in '02 and still looks new. When I bought the truck I fully intended to pull that liner and have a Rhino liner or such sprayed in - it just didn't seem like the carpet would handle truck duties. That plan went out the window the first time these 55 year old knees had to crawl back into the bed for cargo that had shifted. Oh, so soft! I kept it.

I still think there are limitations to it. I run a topper on mine, otherwise you would get wet knees crawling on it most of the year here in the rainy part of the Pacific Northwest. And if you're hauling hay or a cargo that would benefit from an easier sliding surface for loading, I think there are better choices out there. It's all in what you want.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
2003 Ford has the Rhino Liner.

2005 Dodge has the Line X.

Comparing the two the Line X is better, more durable and no sun fade.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Run it bare and buy a bedliner when it's time to trade it in grin

A guy at work has a carpeted bedliner and hard tonneau cover. It looks really nice but he uses his truckbed like a car trunk.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Also late to the party here. I put a Bedrug in my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 when the truck was new and would highly recommend it. Not only does it protect the bed (if that's important to you), but it also provides a higher level of protection for what you're hauling. I use the shop-vac to clean it and a garden hose for anything that won't come up with the shop-vac. It looks just like it did the day I put it in.

If you've got Ram boxes or similar sidewall storage you may have issues with the fit. The company will advise of any issues when you send them your configuration.

I've also used it for a hotel room in a pinch. Just throw the air mattress back there and then the sleeping bag. With the Truxedo cover it's comfy and rainproof.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,123
Posts18,464,608
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.