-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Do it. Sounds like you can afford it and you only go around once.

I am somewhat of a Mustang addict.

I have had an 88 GT, bought in 89 when I was 18 years old. (had a good job)

I owned a 66 Coupe, not once but twice and it ran 10.80's in the 1/4 on pump gas and 9" slicks. Had a 347 stroker that was putting out 550HP, all motor and was reliable as the day is long. Motor was a feature build in a magazine and I bought it and went nuts.

Then I had an 02 Saleen Extreme, 1 of 34 made. Supercharged and while it was not as quick as the 66 it handled like a dream with the racecraft suspension.

I have been eyeballing both the new Boss and the 662HP GT500 but with two in college I may have to wait for that perfect used deal to come along.

Get it and enjoy it....

Then put a centrivical blower on it and really enjoy it. smile

Doveryai no Proveryai

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
it's a chick car, just my opinion, but if it's for the wife than its a cool chick car.
The Mach 1 and boss were the only mustangs I would own

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Go fot it!

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
it's a chick car, just my opinion, but if it's for the wife than its a cool chick car.
The Mach 1 and boss were the only mustangs I would own

Told the wife she really needs a minivan and a moo-moo. I'd worry less. (grin)

She's creeping up on 40 but is determined not to feel like it, which I'm thankful for....

Now with even more aplomb
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big_Bullseye
I have been eyeballing both the new Boss and the 662HP GT500 but with two in college I may have to wait for that perfect used deal to come along.

The Boss 302 from last year was the one that really had my eye lately......

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The practical thing would be to buy a burial plot so your kids don't have to.....or you can buy the Mustang.

- Rogue
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey jpro, you be careful though ok? I know you'll click off the traction control and pull her hard through a set of gears now and then. (I would)

But you be alert, be ready to lift that right foot fast. These cars are a hoot but they will come around on you like a swinging hammer and it can happen half way to 5th gear and well above 50 mph. Don't play on the wet roads and be mindful of a dusting of dirt/gravel on the paved roads.

I'm not insinuating anything about your driving skills, I'm assuming you are an excellent driver. I'm just saying, these cars have a reputation for getting loose and coming around on you when you are out playing.

I think you should buy it, get one for me too.

grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Keep 5 sacks of concrete in the trunk.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
that did make me raff out rowd.

lmao! grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hey jpro, you be careful though ok? I know you'll click off the traction control and pull her hard through a set of gears now and then. (I would)

But you be alert, be ready to lift that right foot fast. These cars are a hoot but they will come around on you like a swinging hammer and it can happen half way to 5th gear and well above 50 mph. Don't play on the wet roads and be mindful of a dusting of dirt/gravel on the paved roads.

I'm not insinuating anything about your driving skills, I'm assuming you are an excellent driver. I'm just saying, these cars have a reputation for getting loose and coming around on you when you are out playing.

I think you should buy it, get one for me too.

grin

Geez - they only have 420/430 HP which isn't all that hard to keep up with if you have even the most basic of driving skills...

And in the rain if you have a lick of common sense you should be fine.

Doveryai no Proveryai

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Play around with one long enough and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. Just when you figure you've got it all dialed in, so familiar with it's behavior.... You'll experience that "WTF?" moment that makes you ghost over all gray and flushed with humility and respect for the harmless little pony car.

grin

I think it's mostly to do with the short wheel base, RWD & power to weight ratio.

I know a guy with a GT 350, and a guy with a GT 500, I've driven both cars hard and not had any troubles. But they have both told me stories about "that one time" that things went wrong and they had a close call.

I'm just passing along info, If jpro was buying a pinto I might say "Try to not get rear ended".

lol.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Play around with one long enough and you'll figure out what I'm talking about. Just when you figure you've got it all dialed in, so familiar with it's behavior.... You'll experience that "WTF?" moment that makes you ghost over all gray and flushed with humility and respect for the harmless little pony car.

grin

I think it's mostly to do with the short wheel base, RWD & power to weight ratio.

I know a guy with a GT 350, and a guy with a GT 500, I've driven both cars hard and not had any troubles. But they have both told me stories about "that one time" that things went wrong and they had a close call.

I'm just passing along info, If jpro was buying a pinto I might say "Try to not get rear ended".

lol.

I still like the idea of a Lotus Elise - 2000 lbs and 200hp grin

911's are another one with some real trippy handling. So is the Miata, if the previous owner put Korean tires on it sick

I gotta say, though, "Buy a Pinto and get rear ended" would make a fine insult grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

grin

lol.

Love the pinto comment.....

Power to weight ratio is what I had in my 66. 2800lbs and 550FWHP.... I had a couple oh chit moments in that car. I finally figured out in it that you don't mash it to the floor unless it is pointed in a straight line..... smile

Doveryai no Proveryai

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My wife had one of the older 5.0/manual trans Mustangs for 12 years. Bought it brand new. What a great car it turned out to be!

We figured she'd have it a couple of years and then we'd get something "more practical" - but as it turned out the little car with lots of motor was one heck of a neat car. Combined with my big ol' full size Chebby Blazer, we had things pretty well covered.

Until we moved to snow country - then the 5.0/manual trans didn't do so well. Ah well, it was fun, and it held up well over the years. I think the newer ones are even better.

Buy it and enjoy!

Guy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Buy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah I never experienced the late model stang voodoo that my friends tell me about, but I believe them. I also believe they were behaving badly when it happened too. lol!

My one friend stuffed his GT 350 in the ditch a couple weeks ago and now he wants to sell it, lol!! (not kidding, he just detailed it, went out on the hwy to play a little and lost control, stuffed it in the ditch and [bleep] it all up)

I think he's owned and driven that car for at least 8 years now... so yeah, wtf indeed...

At least he didn't get hurt.

Something clever here.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Buy it -don't be a wuss.
You sprung for a top flight boat "GHEENOE" -you only get one lap lett'er rip.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This thing comes alive above 3,500RPM for sure! It's a Flowmaster system they put on it and it sounds dang good. Uncle told me to drive it off the lot and take it home for the evening so the family could check it out. Runs down the two-lane highway at 62mph in 6th at 1,500RPM. Picked up the girls from summer camp today and walked up to the Mustang, popped the trunk, and tossed their backpacks in. They both looked at me and exclaimed "WHAT!". Cranked it up and gassed it a bit in the parking lot. The little one said "Ooooohhhh. Go fast!" LOL....

Dave, I certainly hear you on the wet weather / bad road thing. A loose back end and power are not your friends in that instance. I'll save my hot-dogging for other times.

I'm leaning toward giving this ride a chance, but we'll wait until Momma gets home and gives her vote. It's not a highly finished German or Japanese car, I can tell, but it's not supposed to be. It's an engine car, plain and simple.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You only go around once, this is not a dress rehearsal, go for it, if it doesn't work out at least you tried.
Always had nice cars, but with a family the nice cars were also practical. Finally at my 60th birthday I said I need a fun car.
Bought this new.
[Linked Image]
Last week I said I need something practical to go with the fun one so I bought this.
Life is what you make it, if you can, make it as much fun as you can afford.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We`ve got one and there are great,but the back seat is only usable for my ggd in a car seat. She will not be able to set in it went she needs legroom. Buddy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,832
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.