Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smarquez
If I'm walking down the street and some one wants to know who I am and what my business is I would probably tell them it's none of theirs. I think nearly any here would.
I just don't see where it OK to arm yourself, leave your home and then your car to confront someone for no real valid reason except you don't like the way they look. Ask Zimmerman after it's over if it was worth it

Your line of thinking is why your state is in the sad sad shape it is in. Heaven forbid you be proactive in assisting with the security and currwnt wvents of your community. Instead just close the doors and put the carebears videos on and everything will be ok, cause someone else will deal with the tough stuff

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
From what I remember of the incident, Martin said something to Zimmerman to the affect, "you're going to die tonight". This was after he caught up with Zimmerman and prior to striking him in the face the first time.

Man, can you write fiction! You should quit your day job and start writing novels right now.

Yep, Brent that comes from Zimmerman's own words, in a video where he walks the police through the fight and subsequent shooting. You probably didn't see that on MSN or CNN so I will give you a pass. Although he does have the timing off, Zimmerman claimed that when Trayvon was on top of him, beating him, he spotted his gun and reached for it, saying "you're going to die today", that is when Zimmerman says he pulled the gun and shot Trayvon.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
It's true Brent...at least it's Zimmermans account.

The other guy ain't sayin much.

And Zimmerman would NEVER lie - would he? okay. Well, I'll at least wait until the jury comes back with a verdict.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't believe the prosecutor wanted 5 white women. I can only assume he thinks he will prey on their maternal instincts of what if it were your son.
A white woman married OJ. Most white women voted for Obama. I think you should re-draw your conclusions.

well maybe - but I don't think race will be the driver on their decisions -I believe its going to be whether Zimmerman is the guy protecting them from rape or the man that killed their son.

And their views on race may play a big part in how they see it.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/24/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'd take my chances with that jury over six of anything black.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

And Zimmerman would NEVER lie - would he? okay. Well, I'll at least wait until the jury comes back with a verdict.

+1 . From the comments one reads on this thread it is like they were there personally witnessing everything that happened.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
From what I remember of the incident, Martin said something to Zimmerman to the affect, "you're going to die tonight". This was after he caught up with Zimmerman and prior to striking him in the face the first time.

Man, can you write fiction! You should quit your day job and start writing novels right now.

Fiction huh, seems that my memory is much better than your's, clown. And I even posted a link from your favorite site, CNN, just so you would read it.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-openings-in-george-zimmerman-trial?lite

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

+1 . From the comments one reads on this thread it is like they were there personally witnessing everything that happened.

The jury ain't gonna know more than most people here on this thread.

SO, you have to ask yourself, what is the most plausible scenario?

I've made up my mind.

If da bullshit don't fit...you must acquit! grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'd take my chances with that jury over six of anything black.
Ain't that the truth! They'd pull another OJ verdict for sure.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The jury ain't gonna know more than most people here on this thread.

SO, you have to ask yourself, what is the most plausible scenario?

I've made up my mind.

If da bullshit don't fit...you must acquit! grin

Here is an excerpt from Zimmermans statement:

Martin, he said, put his hand over Zimmerman's mouth and nose and told him, "You're going to die tonight."

"When I slid, my jacket and my shirt came up. ... I felt his hand go down my side, and I thought he was going for my firearm, so I grabbed it immediately, and as he banged my head again, I just pulled out my firearm and shot him."

Now the prosecutor is saying there was no Zimmerman DNA on his hands and no Martin DNA on the gun but Martin probably never grabbed the gun. Zimmerman is a liar.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Opening statements are not evidence. There is nothing more devastating for a attorney, who is hyperbolic and dishonest as to where the evidence will lead, as when the other side uses your opening to piecemeal humiliate and destroy your opening in closing argument once the evidence has been presented.

That prosecutor best hope he can prove his opening. After his bad start today, he has a tough hill to climb.

Last edited by isaac; 06/24/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Zimmerman never said Trayvon grabbed the gun he said he thought he was going for the gun.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Now the prosecutor is saying there was no Zimmerman DNA on his hands and no Martin DNA on the gun but Martin probably never grabbed the gun. Zimmerman is a liar.
That sort of evidence is only persuasive in the positive, not in the negative, i.e., the absence of DNA isn't particularly weighty for drawing any conclusions, while the presence of it, under the right circumstances, would be. Sort of like finding several pins on the ground at a murder scene might tend to implicate the pin salesman if he had previously denied being there, but the absence of any pins on the ground wouldn't tend to exculpate the pin salesman.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Whilst he was bashing his head into the concrete I suspect.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by isaac
Opening statements are not evidence. There is nothing more devastating for a attorney, who is hyperbolic and dishonest as to where the evidence will lead, as when the other side uses your opening to piecemeal humiliate and destroy your opening in closing argument once the evidence has been presented.

That prosecutor best hope he can prove his opening. After his bad start today, he has a tough hill to climb.

Bob I thought the prosecutor put himself on a pretty high pedestal too. However the defense attorney made some statements that made me go "huh"? Almost like he was trying to spin it as an accidental discharge and not self defense

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BrentD your still about as sharp as a basketball? I didn't see Zimmerman on facebook holding up guns, gang signs, smoking dope and acting like a typical nig! I do know that old trayvon was suspended from school for dope, out past his bed time, unsupervised from his parents, with records of text messages about drugs ect. I would tend to take Zimmerman's account over some uncontrolled teenager who thought he was a thug!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
and none of that is relevant to Martin being shot. He could be a drug dealer or pimp. Irrelevant.

Zimmerman sure sounds like a guy with a hero-cop fantasy going on.

The jury will decide. It is (or at least was) the American way. Though not many here seem to care for the American way anymore.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The jury will decide. It is (or at least was) the American way. Though not many here seem to care for the American way anymore.
============

As your posts aptly demonstrate.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by isaac

Bob I thought the prosecutor put himself on a pretty high pedestal too. However the defense attorney made some statements that made me go "huh"? Almost like he was trying to spin it as an accidental discharge and not self defense

Well I've thought of this as a justifiable homicide all along.
But the defense's opening with a knock-knock joke couldn't have been more insensitive than it was. That will stick with the bleeding heart women on that jury.

What an absolute @ss of an attorney! "Idiot' puts it mildly.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,916 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.