Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Well, sadly, for the second time in the last 13 years the "Rainbow Clan" has decided to "invade" (the local papers description!) SW Montana!
The "Rainbow Clan" has a mass gathering or camp out every year and 13 years ago 23,000 of these alternate lifestyle cretins showed up here and ruined a huge meadow and adjoining forest on public land!
This year they are predicting 27,000 "Rainbows" are now and will be here and won't start dispersing until at least July 5th!
Law Enforcement, medical facilites and forest service personnel are overwhelmed and many local businesses are being forced to CLOSE!
Keep in mind the huge (land wise!) county that these Rainbows have chosen to invade consists of only 9,200 residents so visualize three times that number of drug using "adult" Rainbows coming from every corner of the country to spend 16 to 20 days "communing"!
Already law enforcement has arrested three Level 1 sex offenders (for not registering immediately upon entering the county!) and have recovered 5 stolen vehicles from various states.
It seems the "love" types LOVE to take other peoples cars without permission and head out for a mass grass fest!
Many arrests and countless aid calls have already been made at invasion central - Skinner Meadows of the Bighole Valley!
The last time the "Rainbows" came here they imposed greatly (overwhelmingly?) on our meager medical facilities. Including birthing 5 (five) new Rainbows at our hospital and not paying a penny for those services!
Much thievery and other impositions are heaped upon the counties residents during these invasions - most thefts are of fuel, camping supplies and barbecues.
Much shopplifting occurs at area grocery stores as well.
The last time the "Rainbows" were here I took my oldest son to town for groceries. He loves vanilla ice cream and chose his favorite brand in the half gallon size.
We went right home and he got his bowl and spoon and opened up the container - there to our surprise was evidence a "Rainbow" had been there before him!
A large hand scoop mark and much missing ice cream offended us!
I immediately took the ice cream and my receipt back to our Safeway and showed the manager. I told him I did NOT want a refund but I told him I wanted better surveillance of food products for my families safety.
The man manager nearly broke down and cried - he threw his hands up in the air and wailed "when will these bastrds leave"!
He relayed many more serious incidents he had been dealing with for over two weeks by then.
The same store has had to remove several Rainbows for using the produce misters as hair shampooing this past week!!!
Local law enforcement including city, county and state police have called in ALL available officers and redeployed them to cover the "Rainbows" and there commune.
Meanwhile the taxpayers are suffering under safety issues that are slow to be handled due to lack of public safety officers handling "normal" duties.
Runaways, drug overdoses, assaults, fire dangers, traffic incidents galore all center around the "Rainbows" and their invasion.
Plus, to begin with instead of OUR Federal Forest Service even trying to dissuade or prevent the outrageous and unlawful activities of a hundred types the forest service caters to these cretins - not even making an attempt to hold them accountable for fees, permits, clean up costs of ANY kind!
Double standard to the max this!
Local ranchers, campers and Hunters are dealt with in a swift and EXPENSIVE manner if even ONE forest service rule is violated!!!
But special "policies" apply to the "Rainbows".
To top it all off there have been repeated afternoon rains for the last two weeks here - and NOTHING smells worse than a dreadlocked, unkept, unclean, wool wearing, WET Rainbow man/woman!
I mean they really stink to high heaven when wet!
I recently ran the gauntlet of wet, stinking, begging, Rainbows in front of a local gas station convenience store and literally nearly gagged at the horrible stench they manifested!
I will stay in my house for the most part during this invasion - sadly.
I wonder if the federal forest service would ALLOW an unpermitted gathering of 29,000 Tea Party followers on their entrusted lands?
Or 29,000 Mormons?
I know for a fact they would NOT standby while 29,000 Republicans held a picnic in a public meadow with no toilets!
Be aware if travelling or vacationing in SW Montana that impaired drivers, uninsured drivers and thieves are about and in large numbers!
Use appropriate precautions if you dare come here.
I am NOT saying that all Rainbows are thieves and druggards BUT a large percentage of them are!
I fear for the future of this country.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Target rich environment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama voters. But what the heck, you have Dem senators. They are Obama supporters to. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe Travis can get lucky.............. laugh

Seriously though I have a friend that has had to work as LEO for that event. He said it is the the biggest bunch of pigs ever to gather...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I suppose it could be worse.

http://rainbowpush.org/pages/contact_us

Last edited by noharleyyet; 06/27/13.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
Maybe Travis can get lucky.............. laugh

And Ingwe is MIA.
He said Canada, but...........that sumbitch...

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One belt-fed machine gun could solve your problem pretty quick crazy whistle

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Never heard of these "rainbows", but doesn't sound very good.

Why called rainbows? Queers?

-Ken

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know the PIO for the forest service here. She had to deal with them a couple of years ago when they invaded us. She told similar tales.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Target rich environment.

I'd figure out ways to make it fun...and they'd second guess having it nearby again.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I owned a gas station or a store I would lock the doors/shut off the gas pumps and only open the doors/turn on the pumps for the locals. I would refuse to do business with a crowd like that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Squirtgun with soap in it...or ammonia.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Darn it, Skinner Meadows is a neat spot...had my picture taken at the sign, of course, with a huge honkin' Big Hole thunderstorm on the way. I wonder how much of a wreck it will be. Animals, they are.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They came to northeast tennessee last year also. they basically took over and trashed a beautiful little campground in the mountains up here in the cherokee national forest.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just like the Occupy Wall Street....

Bet that place still stinks and is a health hazard.

Put out some signs saying it's been moved to Death Valley this year as a detour.... That place ought to be real comfy about now. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good afternoon gentlemen. I have been observing for quite some time but this is my first post. More years ago than I would like to remember, this group of scum had their annual gathering in the forest SW of Cusick, WA. At the time, I was flying a rescue helicopter for the Air Force out of Fairchild AFB, WA, with a secondary mission of support for the AF's Survival School in the woods around Cusick. To reach the training area, we had to overfly the Rainbow's encampment, and every time we flew over, they would scream to the county sheriff that we were strafing them with machine guns and harassing them. They are really a great piece of work, unfortunately, the cat forgot to bury them after it finished.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Wiki page on Rainbow Gathering makes them sound like a bunch of friendly folks who gather to share love and good karma. Cool.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They will destroy the area and costs us 100's of thousands in damage and unpaid services (police, fire, medical). I vote we release a bunch of problem bears and wolves in the area, after all they have to eat too.

Next year they should do it in SF park with all the other fruits and nuts.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
varmint guy

You have a varmint gun?

Get to work

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Is this the same bunch that had a get-together in Oregon and Jeff O and his family attended?

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
633 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.