Print Thread
Hop To
D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Is there a conservative, or at least, unbiased search engine on the web? I usually use yahoo and have a free email account with them to keep the spam out of my family email when ordering, but I am sick of giving these liberal azzes hits.

I open the page today and see this story http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_13788658?source=rss Which is basically a Palin hit piece. They cannot stop tearing at this gal. My gosh, we have a Prez that cannot even produce a birth certificate and got 0 digging into his past by the press. Search google and yahoo, and you might as well be looking up things on the Huffington Post.

I am totally fed up. I refuse to support these left-loonies at all if I can help it. Every time the jerks in the swamp pass a new piece of crap I support the economy by buying loading equipment, ammo, or a good tool. It is the only thing I feel I can do besides email/call my bone-headed �leaders� until 2010. Boy I cannot wait!!!!

Anyone�.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
BP-B2

R
R
Wouldn't a conservative or at least an unbiased search engine/email provider be nice? I logged on to Google today, only to see that they and YouTube are proud to support gay marriage "rights". I'm completely fed up with the disgusting, liberal garbage thrown out everywhere you look. It's time to clean up the trash!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes but you can bet oberry would have the NSA working OT on that bandwidth!

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

When TRH is right, he's right.

On this, he is right.

That is one of the very best (private; and least biased due to using multiple search engines).

IxQuick is the same search engine "guts" but differs in a few aspects.

John

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
www.duckduckgo.com

"For these reasons, DuckDuckGo takes the approach to not collect any personal information. The decisions of whether and how to comply with law enforcement requests, whether and how to anonymize data, and how to best protect your information from hackers are out of our hands. Your search history is safe with us because it cannot be tied to you in any way.

When you search at DuckDuckGo, we don't know who you are and there is no way to tie your searches together.

When you access DuckDuckGo (or any Web site), your Web browser automatically sends information about your computer, e.g. your User agent and IP address.

Because this information could be used to link you to your searches, we do not log (store) it at all. This is a very unusual practice, but we feel it is an important step to protect your privacy."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
duckduckgo is good too! I forgot about it.

IxQuick/Startpage takes a similar approach: your ip address is NEVER logged at all, so no court order can ever get it.

I tried duckduckgo about a year ago, and found I got slightly better results in IxQuick, but that is a LONG while on the internet and I should likely compare them again.

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a cool feature on duckduckgo: when you enter search data look to the right and click on the green 'down arrow/triangle' to the right of the 'magnifying glass' and get anonymous image searches/Wiki/YouTube, etc.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If NSA has the whole web recorded on wideband it doesn't matter they have you. It's just easier the other way.

NRA Lifetime Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.