It has been a year of shooting to get a feel for these 2 inexpensive air rifles in .177 caliber. Both guns are accurate, quiet (under 5 pumps) and can adjust in power from 2 pumps to 10 pumps, I have mostly used 4-5 pumps for pest control. You can also use BB's but the accuracy is not as good as pellets.

The Daisy 901 is mostly plastic, definitely the more accurate air gun I have owned, tolerant of different pellets to. If you wiggle the stock near the receiver you can feel some movement but you really have to go looking for that, and the scope mount is plastic, have never put a scope on it, but the open sights are very good. Handles like a well balanced carbine. Trigger weight is 5.25 lbs pull. Real easy to load from the top.

The Crosman has a metal receiver, have mounted a 3 X 9 scope on it, does not like Gamo flat head pellets. As it is not a springer rifle, you can use a regular scope without fear of damage. Trigger pull weight is 4.8 lbs, harder to load with the side loading gate, you have to make sure the pellet does not go in backwards into the receiver. The loading bolt requires more effort to pull back, is larger than the Daisy.

The big difference in performance between the two is the Daisy is slightly more powerful, I have to add an additional pump to the Crosman to get it equal to the Daisy. The stats on velocity advertised shows the Crosman is more powerful, not with my guns.

Which is better? I tend to prefer the Daisy as a shooter, but the scope capable Crosman with its more rugged construction is nice. Although the open sights on the Crosman are not as good as the Daisy. I have both because I like variety and the Crosman can be used in low light conditions, the Daisy is more handy and would be easier to load and pump up for a child/beginning shooter.

Last edited by HE112; 07/02/13.