Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Our society continues to deteriorate. Civility and politeness continue to decline as evidenced by many people's behavior on this forum.

Yesterday I was having lunch in a small Thai restaurant in Reno on the way home from the lake. Two guys were drinking a little at 1400 and started to get loud and dropping f-bombs and using really coarse language. There were several women within earshot. I waited about 25 minutes and it got worse. I very politely asked the guys if they wouldn't mind lowering the voices a little and consider the females. Big mistake. One guy just took the opportunity to start a fight instantly.

My friend and I are in our 60s, but both around 220 pounds. We had no animosity towards this guy. He was obviously a skilled fighter and about 30 yo. I took one glancing blow to the nose. My buddy got a black eye and a knot on his head. I fended the guy off with a chair. They left when the restaurant hostess called the cops.

The guys was on a stimulant like meth. He threatened to kill us. If I had a piece on me,I probably would have shot him. I had a pistol in my truck. There is a whole host of things that usaully happen to people that shoot someone in self-defense and the outcome is rarely good.

This whole thing was pointless and happened fast. It could have been so much worse. I have learned not to expect people to be reasonable. The new America we are in is a scary place. Please remember that.

I am still in shock. Lots of you will have strong opinions on this one.

Last edited by ppine; 07/03/13.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ppine
There is a whole host of things that usaully happen to people that shoot someone in self-defense and the outcome is rarely good.

I would consider still being alive as good. Glad it wasn't a situation where you would have had to use to to still be here, but you sure weren't prepared if it had come to that.

On the topic of civility, it seems to have gone by the wayside in many parts of the country a long time ago.

Oh, and you're still a douche (how's that for civility?)

Last edited by RyanTX; 07/03/13.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That new America you describe is courtesy of folks who vote like you

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Kind of a not good idea to post your thoughts and feelers now a days.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gitem_12
That new America you describe is courtesy of folks who vote like you

Yeah, how dare you judge language and behavior!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

what's the world like when you are the shining center of all that happens, get your head on straight. I have a dad who's in his 60's if some meth head punched him in his face it would be big news and reason for concern. The term is called empathy it comes before the word jaded in the dictionary.

Glad to hear the OP is ok and it turned out better than it surely could have, the world is a crazy place.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wasnt replying to rancho. It was directed to peepine

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

ppine Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If these are the new rules:

Rancho loco, [bleep] you.
Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.
old trapper, [bleep] you.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It would have been more productive to call the police on your cell phone.
Something to consider, the foul mouth and loud course language could have just as easily come from females and they would have started throwing punches also.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hmmmmm, sounds kinda like the boys you reported. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

what's the world like when you are the shining center of all that happens, get your head on straight. I have a dad who's in his 60's if some meth head punched him in his face it would be big news and reason for concern. The term is called empathy it comes before the word jaded in the dictionary.

Glad to hear the OP is ok and it turned out better than it surely could have, the world is a crazy place.

MM

The OP is an idiot, and I couldn't be less concerned for his attention whore story.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

You realize women and children read this forum, right?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If these are the new rules:

Ryan, [bleep] you.
Gitem, [bleep] you.

So you and your friend take offense at the use of offensive language by a couple of doped up idiots, then you use the same language here against people who don't like you?

Double standard, no?

This is a public site. Quite a few lurkers here who are minors, ladies, and others who don't care for that language, either.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by arkypete
It would have been more productive to call the police on your cell phone.
Something to consider, the foul mouth and loud course language could have just as easily come from females and they would have started throwing punches also.

Jim

Really?

Now we are supposed to call the police everytime someone is speaking too loud in a restraunt?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When you are a older man dealing with younger men who are drinking , you should always be prepared if you are going to confront them, especially in a public place because if they back down from you in front of people you have damaged their ego . You set your self up for this one, if you aren't prepared to defend yourself stay in your seat and keep your mouth shut . Next time don't go to a fight empty handed . I bet the younger guy voted for Obama to

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you started some schit and got you and your buddy an ass kicking. You have to think about consequences when you start something. It might be worth it and it might not. Your call. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Maybe you will take the lesson and keep your [bleep] opinions to yourself next time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And the take-away here is - call the cops 'before' you confront two tweekers half your age.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bea. Quick reply?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 52 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,329
Posts18,468,550
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.