Print Thread
Hop To
T
TwoTrax Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
In considering the above 2 electronic callers, what would be your preference?

I am in PA so probably do not need the volume of the PB 2, but then again you do not have to use it either. So as far as features, ease of use, effect, etc, what do you like? I have read of some issues with the Shockwave and of course the PB2 has the moving decoy built in, is bulkier and heavier, so...

I want to get this right the first time so I am willing to bite the bullet and spend some extra to do that. Probably will not buy for a few weeks as I am just getting out from under some hefty unexpected vet bills.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If crow hunting the Prairie Blaster , but for coyotes , Fury or Scorpion, you just don't need all that volume when calling yotes . Fury is the best but a little bulkier and the Scorpion is a joy to carry all day . If could have only one the Fury .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for your input, so the better clarity and perhaps more diverse sounds the other units are capable of are not really an advantage?

This is a new venture for me, have not used an electronic call for many years and then we were fox hunting. Coyotes would be the main use.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They just don't get any better than the Foxpro Fury when it comes to Electronic Caller. If using the Fury use the rechargeable batteries when calling in cold weather

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Bea - Thanks for the advice, I may have to rethink my options here!

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
The PB is big. And heavy. It's loud and has good freq response. The same can be said about the new Shockwave.

The CS-24s are loud enough, clear enough, small, and light weight. But it's expensive and doesn't run from the console. Its high end response is <14KHz, but I can show you how to extend it to 20KHz without much fuss or expense.

The Fury is only slightly less loud, but much less directional than any TOA based caller. It will run from the console without the remote like many or most of the FP callers except the CS series. Frequency response is excellent, but in tests of two different Fury callers, the outputs were clipped at Vol 27 and above. That little criticism doesn't get much notice or air time anywhere.

When you get to the buying stage, check out the sound library ratings for the .24b and .fxp files at deserthunter.com. Not an ad, not a sound nerd, ratings come from someone who calls and shoots 50-150 coyotes every year, year after year, at close range <55 yards, where caller flaws are exposed.

Anyone who is new at this ought to consider the Wildfire2 (the most popular caller in the FP line) or the Hellfire, the budget TOA model. They're both cost efficient and capable of winning any contest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Will add that Gary knows more about e-callers and speaks with more authority than anyone I know of in the internet world of predator calling. You can take his word to the bank.

He tests e-callers technically and in extensive rugged field use, calling wild critters in contests and on his own. Gary doesn't suffer fools and can be sharp edged in presenting his findings. Most importantly, he isn't selling anything.

That combo has riled hucksters and wannabes while making him popular among real hunters who want unvarnished info rather than a sales pitch.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Thanks for that Len. Use your last name for a password, no caps.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the Shockwave and I can tell you that its loud, want louder....add another speaker to the ext. jack.
I put a sling on it and carry it over my shoulder or around my waist, not nearly as heavy as it may look, light weight vs the PB, a bit more bulk than the Fury.
I sold all my other calls and its the go to for me. I dropped 117 last year with it from 40 yards to 598 yards.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Great advice, thanks to all. Will do some more research. I have decided th PB is out due to size and weight, still other options to consider.

Last edited by TwoTrax; 07/03/13.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What's your opinion on the Scorpion with an SP-55?

T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Well I bought a Fury 2 with the Foxjack used from a member here on the fire. Seems to work very well. Seems like a great call, now just need to spend some time learning it and freeing up some time to get out and use it!

Thanks again to all for the advice!

Last edited by TwoTrax; 07/13/13.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You will like it.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
750 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 86 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.