Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I sent an Email to CCI and they assured me they were cranking the 22 ammo out 24/7 as fast as they could. But they are still hard to find.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 07/14/13.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every body else is still buying up every box on the shelf, so they can resell for triple the normal price! This [bleep] ain't ever gonna end at the rate it's going now. mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/14/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The real reason? As opposed to which fake reasons?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Local Walmart usually gets .22 ammo in three times a week. Not much at a time but usually some. The same people are standing there snapping it up. You have to get there early and stand around if you want some. This Walmart is not open 24 hours a day but from six am until midnight. They put the ammo out a around seven thirty, so you have to be there first and wait an hour and a half to even find out if they have any. I went seven times before I got any. Three times they got a case of federal bulk which is ten boxes, and three people got three boxes (limit per person) and one person got one box. It was gone before it got my turn and all paid out of the same billfold. The next three times I was first in line and they got no .22 shells and the funny thing, those people were not there. I did go on the seventh time real early and stood around and they had some .22 shells. They were supposed to have 3 boxes of Remington bulk according to the invoice but there were only two on the ammo cart. I got both boxes. The ones getting the ammo were there and got nothing that day but somebody at Walmart is calling them I think so they know when to show up. I only got bullets because I got up early and waited a long time to be first in line. Being hard headed pays off some times. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Local Walmart usually gets .22 ammo in three times a week. Not much at a time but usually some. The same people are standing there snapping it up. You have to get there early and stand around if you want some. This Walmart is not open 24 hours a day but from six am until midnight. They put the ammo out a around seven thirty, so you have to be there first and wait an hour and a half to even find out if they have any. I went seven times before I got any. Three times they got a case of federal bulk which is ten boxes, and three people got three boxes (limit per person) and one person got one box. It was gone before it got my turn and all paid out of the same billfold. The next three times I was first in line and they got no .22 shells and the funny thing, those people were not there. I did go on the seventh time real early and stood around and they had some .22 shells. They were supposed to have 3 boxes of Remington bulk according to the invoice but there were only two on the ammo cart. I got both boxes. The ones getting the ammo were there and got nothing that day but somebody at Walmart is calling them I think so they know when to show up. I only got bullets because I got up early and waited a long time to be first in line. Being hard headed pays off some times. miles
If they're being called regarding ammo arrivals, it's against company policy. If people call and ask if ammo's coming in, associates are permitted to answer that question, but no one should be making calls to tell folks ammo's coming in. At our store, the stockers don't have time for that any ways. I really think these buyers have just learned how to work the system. All I can tell you is make the calls, get there early, and be the first one in line. Sucks, but that's how the game is being played. The same thing happens at the local Gander Mountain, Fleet Farm, and Dicks stores too. I have developed a good relationship with my local private owned gun shop, and about 4 times out of 5 when I go in there, I can get some .22 ammo. He's about a buck a box more that the big guys, but I don't wait in line for an hour, and I don't mind an extra buck to help support a small business man. But then again, I'm just buying it to shoot it, not triple the price and sell it on line or at a gun show.

Last edited by gophergunner; 07/14/13.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Its simple.
more guns too feed.
People are buying 22's in record numbers so they can still shoot. Its expensive and hard to find but it's a lot cheaper than centerfire.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It might be against company policy, but who's going to stop an employee from sending a text while he's sitting on the pot during a bathroom break?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
how long is it going to be before some of these types find themselves getting physically abused by someone in the parking lot..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I thought that it was interesting that they did not show up on the days that there was no ammo. They get the ammo in at night but do not put it out until after the day crew arrives. If you want some, you better be there when the day crew is showing up for work or you will be too late. miles

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
When people get as much stocked up as they think they want (probably a lifetime supply), then things will go back to normal. Just be patient. Don't overpay. When the basements are full and the wives start complaining, you'll get your supply.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The answer to the question is simple. G-R-E-E-D and selfishness!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am not going to pay the prices on gun broker, arms-list, or cheaper than dirt. I have enough I can wait. I am just wondering when it will be back on the shelves.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What will really help is for folks not to buy at inflated prices, let the scalpers sit on them. If you're going to pay high prices, save it for quality ammo, like Eley, from a dealer.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You guys aren't very good detectives. There is a WalMart iPhone app that will scan the bar code on a box of ammo. The app will show you what stores near you have the ammo. It links directly to WalMart inventory computers in the local store.

No one at WM is "telling" anyone about ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There is a WalMart iPhone app that will scan the bar code on a box of ammo.

I don't have, nor do I know anything about an iPhone. miles

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Ask a neighbor kid to help you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Plinker
You guys aren't very good detectives. There is a WalMart iPhone app that will scan the bar code on a box of ammo. The app will show you what stores near you have the ammo. It links directly to WalMart inventory computers in the local store.

1st they have to put the stuff into inventory in the computer. At what point does that happen?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Honest hardworking hoarders have nothing to do with it -

It's all a one-world government conspiracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Plinker

1st they have to put the stuff into inventory in the computer. At what point does that happen?

Wal Mart could , if they wanted to , do something to help this situation. Instead of putting ammo out at regularly scheduled times lock it up in the back with only the store manager having a key. The manager could let it out at random times. This would at least help to stymie the resellers.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw $100 a brick at the last local show. Nobody was buying but that was day one.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,155 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.