-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well last week I put 3 shots into 2 .5 " with my Steyr Scout rifle from the bipod at 300 yards in a light wind. 300 yards is about my self imposed limit for a 308. Have tested my rifle to 500 yards with good groups but I like the 1500 ft pounds and 2000 ft/sec for expansion as my minimum for quick kills. I might shoot at a walking.. not running deer but that is another good point. When the bullet takes over a second to travel out to 1000 yards maybe closer to two how can you ensure the animal doesn't move after you shoot? I practice a lot and I am finished with this post...no matter how much I practice and how good I get I won't shoot at a game animal at anything close to 1000 yards. Too many variables. The wind isn't always constant....at this distance how do you correct a mistake ect. I'll keep my opinion re: those who play this game to myself as there doesn't seem to be much of a point. At 1000 yds a 180 grain Hornady boattail at 3200 ft/sec is down to 1421 ft/sec ( won't expand) and 806 ft pounds for pitty sakes. In a 308 at 2600 it barely cracks 500 ft pounds. This is a no-brainer to me.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Ultra shooting a 220gr MK at 3200 still has over 1600ftlbs at 1000 yard's.As for the wind.I shoot 1000 yard bench rest.(10 shot's)Wind is alway's changing.I can still keep them in the kill zone of a deer.I don't shoot 10 at a deer.Don't need to.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wyo & Boyd, you guys are nuts to take such a bet. It fascinates me that LR guys act bee stung when anyone mentions the common sense reality that a good marksman is more likely to hit his target at close range than at very long ranges. The world won't come to an end if you admit such a no brainer truth. You can still hunt long range. Honest. Anyone who believes the long range shooter will consistently over time outshoot the short range shooter either has a passion about lost causes or is in serious denial of reality. Fun bets are another thing.
<br>
<br>I am the guy who proposed the original version of testing hits on the same target at long and short range. None of the long range guys ever stuck to the original terms. They always had to fudge it a bit to give some edge to the LR shooter, such as MOA or this latest hedge of adding moving targets at the closer range. The issue here is RANGE and range ALONE, so all other variables should be identical except the range. My original proposal even had the same shooter shoot both ranges with the same rifle.
<br>
<br> If Taku shoots anywhere near as well as he claims, and so do you, you'll have shooters including long range target guys, lined up around the block to bet on Taku. You said deer vitals sized circle. In a circle, that's only about ten inches diameter, say 12 on a fair sized muley or a little more. Since range is the ONLY issue, targets have to be the same, conditions reasonably close to the same, etc. Shot for shot for 100 rounds. If you put them all in the circle, wonderful. My bet is that the good marksman shooting at 300 yards will put more of the 100 in the circle than you do at 1000 yards, and I'll bet you can't find anyone in Vegas who would buck the odds favouring the 300 yard shooter. Vegas odds makers are into reality in a big way, and you might consider it yourselves.
<br>
<br>DaveKing talks sense. Most of the other LR posters talk like some kind of weird cult who deny physics and have a persecution complex. Once and for all, you fellows can do it. No one is denying that a deer can be killed intentionally at 2000 yards. Once and for all, you fellows may do it. You have my tolerance, even a shrug, but if your conscience needs approval from others, (like certain special interest groups) that is a problem you'll have to solve for yoursleves. Once and for all, I don't plan to shoot deer that far, even if I could, and I think I could with practice. Good night.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree the odds are in the favor for the 300 yard shooter.. thats obvious..
<br>I find it fascinating that the SRH always wants to bet on the shooting abilities and in such a way that just, black and white will favor the SRH
<br>but I bet on average the hunter who hunts short range also accounts for more wounded deer and missed deer than the LRH as well..
<br>Make the bets fair and as obvious as the odds. The SRH spooks WAY more deer and takes more shots at spooked/ moving deer than the LRH. You know it and I know it.
<br>I can admit and will readily admit that there are WAY more circumstances that may account for a missed animal or wounded animal in LRH. I mean come on thats plain as day. What I don't understand is that after explaination and explaination the SRH think that the LRH are going out there with a 30-30 or a 243 and taking pokes at deer or Elk at 1000 yards.
<br>I know that there are guys that are LRH that will out shoot most guys at 300 yards. But again lets qualify things. The SRH will not be using a rest .. he will be using a tree, branch, dead fall or what ever, some will even take a poke at the deer offhand... Remember to let the LRH use his set up as well.
<br>The SRH always wants to bet, always want to find a way to make the LRH look like he's unethical or wounds alot of deer. They think we are a bunch of ego tripped maniacs getting to launch lead as far as we can and hope we hit stuff. I mean for chrissake has anyone of you guys ever been along on a LR hunt.. do you really know how its done...
<br>You all ask questions after question which is exactly why these forums are here.. then some self imposed do gooder comes along and spouts off this and that and turns it into a competion or a preaching session about how he can shoot better and how he loves more or has more respect for the animal .. Meanwhile he has no clue how or what the LRH does nor does he have any idea how much respect any of us have for the animals...
<br>I mean really do you think LRH just woke up one day and started throwing lead at 1000 yards. This is actually a sport that started many many years ago and has been refined over generations to make sure the animals get the respect and quick clean kills they deserve...
<br>
<br>I don't deny any law of physics. I do, and so do all the others, carry drop charts in all conditions etc. etc. I don't and neither do the others find the first animal at 1K and start winging lead... Hell I've watched more deer walk away at 1K than I have even thought about shooting. Why ... why do you ask.. because the conditions we not right...
<br>I do not need approval of anyone... the LRH were asked to come here and share information and knowledge of what and how LRH's do what we do...... so thats why we are here.... but some of you seem to have taken that opportunity to turn this forum into a ego tripped, preaching, denounce anything other than the norm ... forum... or "I gotta go give my .02 woth and tell then how I don't agree forum..." We already know there are alot out there who don't agree with this..
<br>I personally think archery hunting is more brutal than any type of hunting, there are also more situations for a wounded animal, but I am not in the archery forum saying how unethical they all are and making bets on who can shoot better....
<br>
<br>Why can't you non-beleivers just leave this be used for what is was intended... to share and learn....
<br>Not once have I heard any one of you even show interest in joining anyone on a LRH.. untill then your whining and bitching don't hold water.....
<br>
<br>
<br>I'm off the soap box .. go ahead fire away......
<br>

J
JAK Offline
J
To all you guys shooting AT deer @ 1000 yds-
<br>
<br>- This is a live GAME animal and should be treated with respect. If you had to euthanize your mother would you shoot her from 1000 yds?
<br>
<br>- The farms you guys hunt on must look funny with all those wind flags everywhere! Because wind swirls, gusts, eddies, and sometimes even wish-washes on the Earth I live and hunt on.
<br>
<br>- The bullets necessary for that kind of accuracy are not good hunting bullets. This really becomes a problem when your hoping to hit close to the shoulder.
<br>
<br>I could give you more facts to prove my point, but you would find facts to prove yours. The bottom line is this is an ethics issue, and EVERY hunter should KNOW enough about the sport to FEEL that shots like that are better left at the range. JAK
<br>
<br>P.S.- If you are a target shooter and get no thrill in the chase, PLEASE DO NOT buy a hunting liscense and "Go kill sh#t". You are misrepresenting a way of life for some people, and you're doing it in front of people who are looking for reasons to take it away.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Geez JAK, have you hugged your deer today.....And don't you dare talk about my MOMMA....[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WW:
<br>
<br>I've pretty well had my say on this topic and have tried to stay on the sidelines, but you keep throwing it in the rest of the hunting world's face, so I feel like responding.
<br>
<br>Please show us the initial post where LRHs were asked to come over here and show us the extent of your long range killing abilities. Otherwise you have fallen back into your old ways.
<br>
<br>I watched the tape of LRH, if you want to dignify it by that name, and that is plenty close enough to a "long range hunt" for me. I only watched it once. I prefer not to "hunt" in that fashion and have no interests in participating in a process that I found reprehensible and the participants only slightly less so. The "hunter" losing his lunch after "shooting" his deer was the perfect metaphor for the whole process.
<br>
<br>Target shooting is an interesting challenge at extended ranges, shooting something just because you can at long range doesn't deserve the term "hunting" IMO, and the reason that most hunters don't want to go on a LRH is the same logic as they don't have to stick their head in a barrel of crap to know that it stinks.
<br>
<br>I don't oppose your choices, but you continue to be amazed that many good hunters don't approve. Now that is "freaking unbelievable" as you say.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jak,
<br>
<br> I see that yur a new member.. welcome.. I think???
<br>
<br>I have a couple of questions/statments for you.
<br>
<br>1. When you hunt are you out to EUTHANIZE your quarry?
<br>2. What does anyones Mother have to do with this?
<br>3.How much do YOU know about the bullets we use?
<br>4. PLEASE share your facts, then we will share ours. No need to hide.
<br>5.Describe the sport you are taking about.
<br>6. How do I know you are not misrepresenting my way of life?
<br>
<br>I anxiously await your answers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn I almost forgot you were out there.. I should have known better... How ya been old friend.. bet you can't say the same.....
<br>
<br>OK .. not sure how I was targeted as the "in your face guy" but hey I'll wear the badge if I have too.. I see myself as defending what I believe in but .. ok I'll step up....
<br>
<br>If I remember correctly one of the guys who built the site asked one of us to come over here to share our information.. I think I am pretty correct on that one..
<br>
<br>You have taken the scene out of context. I believe he looses his lunch because he was gutting the deer.. I'm sure no new SHR has ever done that..... none of you guys are squeemish about guts....
<br>
<br>Now you go and insult some of guys I call my friends.. wouldn't you defend your friends????
<br>
<br>As far as the SRH guys making comments on this and that about the LRH.. can you really say what is fact from fact if you havn't been there?? If a guy came up to you and said your life is pathetic and you're a bad person.. does he have any validity to say that without living your life first.. he may have the right/opinion ( free speech ) but how much credibility would you give him...???
<br>
<br>This word amaed???? I admit Ihave no idea what it means and neither does any of dictionary's I'm thinking you meant amazed... correct?
<br>
<br>I am not amazed that they don't approve .. I expect it.. I guess I am dissapointed that people can be so closed minded....
<br>I came over to these sites and defended some friends and got caught up in the the anger and mud slinging ..I admit that was wrong.. but from my point of view I just wanted to share what I knew and maybe show someone another exciting way to hunt. We do it ethically and safely. AS much as any other SRH out there...
<br>I feel disheartened that the majority of the SRH won't look at it as another way to hunt, because they have only hunted one way for years they think there is only one way to hunt.. At least I can say I have ( for the most part ) tried them all and I made a choice based on my preference after I experienced the others.
<br>
<br>It is ashame too because I have a great place to hunt and share I could have had alot of new friends trying another way.....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well hopefully we will see this forum go the way it should, and everybody will stick to what they like, but I doubt it.
<br>One thing I would say is if you had an equal amount of hunters shooting long range at game as there are short range hunters, then the statistics for wounded game, would go up to the same level as the short range shooter.
<br>There are fewer wounded animals I feel just due to the fewer long range shooters.
<br>Just my Canadian .02 worth.
<br>Bill

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WW:
<br>
<br>I've been fine, buddy. You appear to believe that I dislike you personally because we disagree about your method of proselytizing your chosen method of hunting. Not true. You are probably a great guy to be around in person, you just don't know how to present yourself that way, at least in this forum.
<br>
<br>If you are so certain of your choices, that is LR hunting, why defend it? Let the naysayers have their say and continue doing what you are doing. Instead you seem to have some ego involvement in attempting to convert others to your chosen method of killing animals. Perhaps it just appears that way to those of us who don't know you.
<br>
<br>If you don't get anything else out of my posts, understand this, most hunters don't agree that what you do is hunting by their and most of our common definition of the term. I'm not going to argue whether it is or it isn't, it is only important to you and others who choose to do it. It is my firm belief that most hunters would not do it, if it was much easier than it is. It is no different, and no more challenging that shooting a cow at long range. Except someone owns the cow, and, there are more cows.
<br>
<br>As far as your puerile criticisms of my prior post, let me respond briefly.
<br>
<br>Look up the word metaphor and see how it applies to my use of the term in relation to the guy vomiting after shooting the deer, during the cleaning.
<br>
<br>If the video is not a true representation of LR hunting, then why did you and most of your friends go to such lengths to get us to watch it, so that we would understand. To be fair to your position, I did watch it, I do understand and I don't like it. Learn to live with it. My use of the word, reprehensible, was chosen carefully.
<br>
<br>I try not to leap to conclusions and to be fair in my evaluations. Just as, upon your and other's urging, I used a MK to kill a wild hog. It blew up, while barely managing to do enough damage to kill him, and all you could say was, "well, other bullets blow up, too." True, but not as often or as unpredictably.
<br>
<br>My typo of "amaed" was corrected before you ever posted. If all you can find to be critical about in my posts is one typo, then you don't have much reason to respond to my posts. If I criticized all of your typos we would run out of server space. Just for an example, you won't find "dissappointed" in the dictionary either. Mine was an error of omission which I corrected as soon as I read the post. Most of the time I can spell correctly, even though I sometimes overlay languages and it makes it more difficult.
<br>
<br>Your last paragraph is sort of hilarious, substitute "straight people" for SRH, "have sex" for "to hunt" and you wind up with this:
<br>
<br>"I feel disheartened that the majority of straight people won't look at it as another way to have sex, because they have only had sex one way for years, they think there is only one way to have sex...At least I can say I have(for the most part) tried them all and I made a choice based on my preference after I experienced the others."
<br>
<br>"It is ashame(sic) too because I have a great place to have sex and share and I could have had alot(sic) of new friends trying another way....."
<br>
<br>Most of us don't want to try another way. Your choices are yours, doesn't make them mainstream or admirable, just as my substitution above shows why the logic doesn't hold up.
<br>
<br>BTW, I am not in any way implying that you are gay, just showing that your argument is not functional, while being humorous, at least to my tastes.
<br>
<br>I truly wish you the best and hope that you have a good hunting season. How you kill them is your decision and I support your right to do so, while disagreeing with your choices.
<br>
<br>PS: Re the above substitution paragraph. Rumor has it that some non-straight, uuuuh, I mean LR hunters hunt with pink rifles. Well.....need I say more? [Linked Image]

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Partsman, this topic has gotten way too emotional, and kind of weird I'll admit. Besides the leaps of logic and jumps into emotion that I maybe should be more tolerant toward, my deeper concern is the recruiting tone of long rangers. I have personally put down a bull elk wounded horribly by a long range shooter, and stood by while my hunting partner did the same for a similar bull a few years later, that one a pretty racked 5x7. In addition, in the swamps between Golden and down past Radium, one hot dry fall I found three dead bulls in one day, all shot in the swamps by guys firing from the hills on one side or the other. Those are long range hunters! They are not in a class with Wyoming, Boyd or these guys, but they are long range hunters. They are just lousy long range hunters, and such long shooters way outnumber the good ones IMO.
<br>
<br>My guess is that many animals are wounded when people of short range ability try a long shot. My concern is that these recruiting posts foster taking such shots. It is not fair to blame Boyd et al if some guy looks at a deer half a mile away and says, "Boyd did it. So can I." On the other hand, if I was in Boyd's shoes, I'd feel like I had some responsiblity for putting ideas in people's heads, to at least caution them about trying this at home. (Boyd, I am merely using your name as representative of LR shooters, nothing personal).
<br>
<br>In a case study from your part of the world, Partsman, if you have driven over Monashee Pass on Highway 6, east of Lumby, you may remember the Inonoklin (sp) Creek canyon north of the highway just after you cross the height of land at the pass. The road stays on the shoulder of the canyon and opens a view of the other side that spreads from a few hundred yards to over a mile across as the canyon deepens and widens. For three or four miles, maybe more, a person can look across and see animals on the other side, and used to be able to step off the right of way and shoot at them when seasons were open. With snow on the ground and the old burn an inviting place for deer, elk and moose, you can sit at a pull-out on the highway and glass many animals across the canyon in November.
<br>
<br>A guy from Vernon made a reputation for shooting game across the canyon, years ago. Rumour was he had a bench rest built into a partial dugout down below the road, hidden in brush. He shot a 7mm mag as I recall, and I believe the stories of his kills, some out toward 1200 yards that I heard about. Who knows how many others imitated him, but I saw at least 20 guys sitting in trucks watching the other side one morning. Most of them were not very good at long range, in this case from about 900 yards at the best location out to 1500 at least, depending how far along the canyon you are.
<br>
<br>That corridor of highway is now closed to shooting. The reason that isolated road is closed to discharge of firearms for 400 meters (1/4 mile) on each side is that it was the game department's solution to stop the long range shooting gallery carnage. So even though there is some good hunting along the highway side of the canyon, it is all closed. Did they kill deer across the canyon? Of course. I watched guys drag one up the bank one time. (I'm a believer even though I'm officially labeled an unbeliever. Interesting religious terms.)
<br>
<br>The technical and shooter skill developed for long range is fabulous and is at the cutting edge of advancing shooting techniques. It is fascinating and extremely valuable to shooting sports. I admire such skill and the dedication required to develop it. I don't even begrudge anyone who has honed such an edge to try it out on a deer sometime. That's just being human. However, sometimes we exercise skills, sometimes in private, that very properly we don't try to recruit others to do. For every Boyd who can shoot well at great distance, there are bozos lined up around the block who think they can or worse, have an ego need to brag that they can, -- and they can't. They do not have either the equipment or skills, and they will not acquire them.
<br>
<br>So what am I after? I think the reporting of components, how to's etc. are valuable and well worth posting, even at the risk of putting a dim idea in a bozo's brain. Along with that will inevitably come questions about the ethics. Such questions will not go away, because they are genuine, valid ethical questions. Also, new guys will raise the same common sense, valid questions over and over about wind, animal movement during the bullet flight, etc. and long rangers should get used to it and develop some courteous replies. One of those replies should probably be simply, "I do all I can to minimize the likelihood of the animal moving and with those precautions, it is a chance I am willing to take." Such candor would do wonders. IMO it would be appropriate for LR proponents to emphasize much more that such long range shooting is really difficult, requires specialized equipment and practice to achieve the skill, and that the slightest error compunds the probability of wounding an animal. Get good before you try this. The "try it you'll like it" recruiting tone doesn't seem fully responsible to me but I'll admit I'm tainted by visions of elk with gangrenous wounds from long range hits.
<br>
<br>An old wolfer was with me one morning when we stopped to watch the fellows looking hopefully across the highway 6 canyon. He sort of growled, "There's place for that kind of shooting. It's Camp Perry."
<br>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Okanagan:
<br>
<br>Wow, what a great post. I would have to go back and compare yours and some of Dave King's for my "best yet" vote, but you are certainly on the short list.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Okanagan,I do agree with most of what you said.But I have said MANY time's and so have other's.Is that it take's practice, the right equipment and MORE practice.I have NEVER said go out and but the biggest LOUD-N-BOOMER you can and go TRY to shoot a deer or elk at 1000 yard's.I'm sure there are animal's that get away from LRH's.It has not happened to me YET....I have had deer get away from me SRH.We shot TWO does from the SAME bunch last year that were wounded by SRH's.We watched the whole thing unfold from 800 yard's out.We could see both were hit but had to wait about 40 min until the SR guy's cleared out of the area.They,The hunter's never even tried to find them.The point I'm making here is,YES,There are SOME people shooting LR that should'nt be.BUT there are also ALOT of people that should'nt be hunting at all......So I DO respect your opinion.And I hope we can share some tip's and such.We might both learn something from each other

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Geesh, is this a love fest or what?
<br>
<br>Nice post, Boyd.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess Dave's rubbing off on me......[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Okanagan: I have to agree with IIFID, very good post.
<br>But then a lot of them are if one takes the time to sort through everything.
<br>Yes, having grown up and spent a lot of time roaming B.C. I have seen those places, and it is sad that some thought they could do that kind of shooting, but I guess when you look back they did not have the guys like these to guide them.
<br>Hopefully all can learn something here and realise it is not for everybody and to not try it just for a lark.
<br>Hopefully we will reach a few that will learn something from all this, and know that it takes some dedication and is not for the average joe.
<br>Bill

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IFID's and anyone else who is interested,
<br>
<br>AS I stated way back when ..I am not trying to recruit anyone to LRH. I am not trying to convert anyone to LRH. In fact most guys don't have the time or the intellegence to try LRH. Now if I would have said that about 3 months ago I would have been burned at the stake in the town square. I actually prefere that guys not be converted to this style of hunting. For someone who wants to hunt this way, the best method of jumping over the fence is best if they do it on their own.
<br>
<br>IFID's ... again you are very polite and very well spoken but very wrong. It is like beating a dead horse with you. You take alot of time to articulate your posts but then you say stupid stuff like " it's like shooting cows. You imply there is no hunting involved. Now i cannot speak for other LRH but I do hunt my quarry. I do scout take notes though out the year and previous hunting season in preparation for years to come. I do stalk several deer a year before I actually pursue one. I may never even get the opportunity to harvest that animal after all of that. TO me ( and its my opinion ) that way more that shooting cows and a whole lot more than a SRH on a deer drive !!!
<br>
<br>I understood your metaphor but for someone who never saw the video and would just happen to read these posts it sure did seem as thought he blew his lunch from the way he hunted .... so I responded. Me and my friends DID NOT force the video on anyone. With all the negative feed back and the same explainationa and argument over and over again it was much easier to have someone see what we did.....
<br>Ok so you used a MK on a hog.. and it blew up... ever use a Nosler ? Everyone I have used blew up. BUT every MK I used never did... so what does that tell you.. nothing but MK's work for me ..nosler don't.. It just happens MK's don't work for you.. simple fact is that there are guys who hunt LR that have years of data that prove MK's are as well made as any hunting bullet.
<br>
<br>I wasn't being critical of your typo, but if you remember you made a BIG point to do that to me in the past.. just to get under my skin... frustraighting isn't it...???
<br>
<br>Now on your evaluation of one of my softer moments and the deletion of some words and insertion of others.. I know that in some way you did that to irritate me..for a while it worked... but I kow your style and I should have expected it...I see your point but let me say this...
<br>
<br>What I was trying to express to you and others like you is this... You honestly have no real concept of what we do until you have done it. THer are alot of guys who just lob bullets and say that they are a LRH .. you seem to group all of us LRH into that group. What I was trying to say was that you really cannot be as critical as you are unless you actually get a feel for and expierience a hunt they way we do. There are many styles to the LRHing crowd. I fall into more of a tyical hunter that some of the LRH's. You guys read these posts of deer and Elk shot past 1K and flip out because in your mind you see someguy with a magnum rifle leaning over a deadfall throwing lead.... not true at all, so all I was saying is that I hoped someone would actually see and expierince it befor they seemed to know all about it. I also had a soft moment and said stupid stuff like I have a place to share... way to soft for me and maybe I'll take it back now.... see around this board with guys like you watching I should have never shown a softer side...
<br>
<br>Now as far as my argument not being functional.. I don't have the time you do to comb through every post to find ways to dicredit what people say. I am pretty confident that I could easily go back and do the same to some of your posts. I see and understand your method of argumentation, I only wish I had the time to match it... I will say your good at it.. I can't afford to spend the time on it the way you do..
<br>
<br>In my latest psots on this my main point I was try to express was that the opposers to this way of hunting have been very opinionated in their opposition. All I meant ws that some of them who were very vocal should take some time to understand this before they critisize it.
<br>
<br>Again I am not recruiting.. I was asked to come here to share some knowledge ( the little I have ) on this way to hunt.. Immediately upon arriving here I was badgered and pummeled by all sorts.. I reacted ust like anyone backed into a corner would...
<br>
<br>I should have just left and did my thing... I wish I would have.
<br>
<br>Just so you know I don't have the time to check everything I just typed, so have your fun....
<br>
<br>It is obvious your intellegent... use that to your advantage in a positive way, you have mastered the negative.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok,
<br>
<br>I do see your points and they are valid. I respect what your opinion is.
<br>
<br>Lets take a look at your expieriences you've described.
<br>
<br>I am sure to the typical person reading that, they would tend to think all LRH are inaccurate and wound many aniamals. It is portrayed that way..
<br>I suppose that if I recalled all the times I witnessed the SRH's wound deer during the drives, pushes, and party hunting I could paint a very bleak picture for the SRH's
<br>I know and you know that wouldn't be fair. That is exactly why I would not mention all those times in a forum like this. I know that most of the guys here arn't hunters that leave the wounded for another day or shoot at it and if it doesn't fall over think "I must have missed."
<br>I figured from the begining you guys wern't like that. I hoped you would see that the LRH's here arn't like what you've described. To keep this level your examples arn't relavant to the LRH's here.
<br>You may say " if they read all this LRH stuff they will try it", "then they will just end up wounding deer" they might but they may also read in another forum here that deer can be taken with a .223 at 300 yards and go try that too...
<br>
<br>Lets keep the playing field level, when and If we have to give examples. I firmly beleive that most of us here LRH's and SRH's arn't the typical hunter who would rather go to camp and play poker than go hunting. Lets not mix the cubic zarconia ( sp ) with diamonds... they may look the same but one is more valuable than the other....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell me, LRH set up on a hill top, or other vantage point and wait for some animal to come out where they can decide whether to take the shot or not. If conditions are not perfect according to you, they won't shoot. Therefore they are only shooting at an animal that is behaving just like a cow, moving slowly and pausing. Finding one is a given, if you set up in good country and can view the thousands of acres that you have to be able to see to take such long shots, ergo, you might as well be shooting cows. No difference and the game is no more concerned with their presence than a cow would be, because of the distances involved. All that may sound stupid to you, but it is a fact.
<br>
<br>Please post where I was critical of typos in your prior posts. I have been critical of their content, for obvious reasons. But no, it isn't frustrating, just shows that you have no real points to make.
<br>
<br>You act like there is some magical equation necessary to understand LR animal sniping You are completely wrong. It is very simple to understand and difficult to do correctly. But the process is obvious.
<br>
<br>If posting on here is so destructive to your personal life, then by all means, follow your own advice and quit doing so.
<br>
<br>Have a good hunting season, shooting them brown cows. [Linked Image]

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.