Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
nash22 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Hopefully someone saved this recipe. Don't remember who posted it. They were baked and bacon wrapped. There were a lot of pic's with it.

Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Slice in half, remove veins and seeds, put some cheese in add a little smoky sausage, wrap with bacon and pin it with a tooth pic, grill until done.

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Google buffalo turds.

N
nash22 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
That's the one. What type of cheese do you use?

Thanks

Last edited by nash22; 08/14/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you are asking me I use cream cheese sometimes or mild cheddar.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

N
nash22 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Yes I was.

Thanks

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
soak the halved jalape�os in ice water for a while (takes out some of the heat). we stuff our with a mix of cream cheese and crab meat seasoned with old bay.

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I like the ideal of the little smoky sausage, will have to give that a try soon. I like to use pepper jack cheese in my stuffed jalapenos.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those look very good!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Variation of the above. Sky is the limit on how you can do them. I've started splitting mine, deseeding/deveining them.

Then I mix some cream cheese up with minced garlic (I cheat and use the preminced in the jar, tssk tssk). Often times I'll throw in some grated parmesan to the mix. Sometimes I'll throw in some bbq rub of one flavor or another.

Spoon the cream cheese mix into the pepper. Wrap with thick cut bacon. Grill until bacon is crisp.

Charcoal grill goes fastest. Smoker has less flare ups but takes longer due to lower temps.

I've also thrown some shrimp in the mix as well.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Turbinado sugar in the cream cheese...unreal

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
tastier if you leave the membranes and seeds in

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like a little heat in mine too.

Venison sliced thin and narrow, marinated in beef marinade then wrapped with the bacon is better than the sausage wrapped.

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the turds need smoke!!!.......and when u make them a bunch of them for that "get together".... take the veins and seeds from when u gutted them, make the c.c. stuffing- save a little out ...chop up the veins and seeds and mix in ,then stuff 2 out of every 10 with the nuclear stuffing....arrange on plate (u better know where them 2 are!!!) offer up the "regular atbs" to a couple la little lady's...who then gobble them down with ease.... then offer the next turd to that big tuff guy who's been talking smack...turn the serving plate just rite so he gets the "rite one".... shocked.... shut up food ...mission complete!!! laugh

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan V

Venison sliced thin and narrow, marinated in beef marinade then wrapped with the bacon is better than the sausage wrapped.
real pulled pork is the path to greatness....I was going to sell these at the bbq joint but they are labor intensive and costly ! (1.25 each) would = 2.50 each retail

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Originally Posted by Stan V

real pulled pork is the path to greatness....I was going to sell these at the bbq joint but they are labor intensive and costly ! (1.25 each) would = 2.50 each retail

Labor intensive, yes. But, one of our favorites.

All American

All the time
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made hundreds of them for a pig roast I ran a couple years ago and it was the pepper, cream cheese, a li'l smokey and a half strip of bacon and a toothpick. Smoked for a couple hours with the rest of the bbq. People love them, but I think they're unpleasantly hot.

I learned about something called a potato bomb last year and I made a bunch. You buy an apple corer and hollow a plug out of a bunch of potatoes. Stuff them with jalapenos, cheese, chives, sausage, butter, onions.... You could stuff an atomic buffalo turd inside, and then cut the middle out of the potato core and stuff the two ends with the little caps. Wrap the whole potato with bacon, tin foil, and throw them in the smoker. Believe it or not, I ran out of them. At an all you can eat pig buffet with pulled pork and baby back ribs, they ate all the potatoes!

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rob p
I learned about something called a potato bomb last year and I made a bunch. You buy an apple corer and hollow a plug out of a bunch of potatoes. Stuff them with jalapenos, cheese, chives, sausage, butter, onions.... You could stuff an atomic buffalo turd inside, and then cut the middle out of the potato core and stuff the two ends with the little caps. Wrap the whole potato with bacon, tin foil, and throw them in the smoker. Believe it or not, I ran out of them. At an all you can eat pig buffet with pulled pork and baby back ribs, they ate all the potatoes!

Holy schit that sounds good! (Cue the Homer Simpson drooling sound!)

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Google Armadillo Eggs. Killer.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 62 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.