Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Originally Posted by Stush

SS,

You and others built in a fire prone forest in the middle of a well-known world record drought resulting in record timber lack-of moisture content cuz you still want your semi-privacy and you think it won't happen to you. Example....the Colorado Springs-Black Forest folks.........with 500 homes lost.

The rest of us gotta live in a concrete jungle non-forested area if we wanna not take the chance.

You gambled knowingly........and ya lost. Nut up.

Quit yer whining now.

What the [bleep] is wrong with you?

Uuummmmmm........born into a family where cry baby rich folk just don't get sympathy.

I was born into one that leaves douchebags such as your self walking around picking up their teeth. I do appreciate you making it easy to ignore you though..

Carry on and have a nice night.

Stush
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, hope things go well. Prayers and good thoughts for you

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BrentD
StripBuck, you are simply out of line. And not even close to realistic. If we did away with every homesite that might be at risk in a fire, then we must also do away with every homesite that might be at risk to earthquake (most of California all the way to Seattle and even a huge chunk of Missouri), and then all the places that might flood (far too numerous to mention), all the places that are prone to hurricanes (From TX to FL to ME), and then all of the country in tornado country.

What is left is basically Duluth. And frankly there are already too many people up there.

Friggin' idiot. Meanwhile the silence from Shortside is ominous. I suppose he might not even know one way or the other at this point.

Why in the world would somebody build along a known and scientifically documented earthquake fault...............or a flood zone.........or along the coast..........and then whine and want sympathy when the inevitable happens?

Please explain to me this twisted, perverse logic.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by shortside
My wife and I build it from the basement up in 2006. We have a raging fire that has traveled over 6 miles to get here, but we were evacuated with enough notice to get the important stuff, but that is about it. I left town for work jsut before the family was pushed out.

We designed, drew, planned and built it ourselves. It was a bit more than we needed, but our three kids love the lifestyle that it affords us, including hunting, trapping, fort building, etc. The kids are going to be tough to console if it goes. Any advice is welcome.

Lots of blood and sweat went into it, and it kills me to think it may go up in smoke tonight. We do live in a small valley off the highway, quiet, timbered ridges, nice valley floor.

Any prayers are welcome, not only for me, but the 50 other homes as well. My neighbors are good people, and are just as stressed out.

The heck of it is I am on the other side of Montana. The fire is in Lolo, MT (Lolo Complex) so you can take a look online. I live in Sleeman Gulch.

Regards,

Shortside

SS,

You and others built in a fire prone forest in the middle of a well-known world record drought resulting in record timber lack-of moisture content cuz you still want your semi-privacy and you think it won't happen to you. Example....the Colorado Springs-Black Forest folks.........with 500 homes lost.

The rest of us gotta live in a concrete jungle non-forested area if we wanna not take the chance.

Quit yer whining now.

I'm nearly speechless. You are a thoughtless rude basturd and have just made my ignore list.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pop some more pills on top of your bottle of booze.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
StripBuck, you are simply out of line. And not even close to realistic. If we did away with every homesite that might be at risk in a fire, then we must also do away with every homesite that might be at risk to earthquake (most of California all the way to Seattle and even a huge chunk of Missouri), and then all the places that might flood (far too numerous to mention), all the places that are prone to hurricanes (From TX to FL to ME), and then all of the country in tornado country.

What is left is basically Duluth. And frankly there are already too many people up there.

Friggin' idiot. Meanwhile the silence from Shortside is ominous. I suppose he might not even know one way or the other at this point.

Why in the world would somebody build along a known and scientifically documented earthquake fault...............or a flood zone.........or along the coast..........and then whine and want sympathy when the inevitable happens?

You mean whine like this Chris?

Lots of smoke in Flag tonite. Wind plus smoke plus dust and pollen = Me and many others are pukin sick due to pollen allergies.

Get that fawker put out now, please.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kend
My wife and I build it from the basement up in 2006. We have a raging fire that has traveled over 6 miles to get here, but we were evacuated with enough notice to get the important stuff, but that is about it. I left town for work jsut before the family was pushed out.

We designed, drew, planned and built it ourselves. It was a bit more than we needed, but our three kids love the lifestyle that it affords us, including hunting, trapping, fort building, etc. The kids are going to be tough to console if it goes. Any advice is welcome.

Lots of blood and sweat went into it, and it kills me to think it may go up in smoke tonight. We do live in a small valley off the highway, quiet, timbered ridges, nice valley floor.

Any prayers are welcome, not only for me, but the 50 other homes as well. My neighbors are good people, and are just as stressed out.

The heck of it is I am on the other side of Montana. The fire is in Lolo, MT (Lolo Complex) so you can take a look online. I live in Sleeman Gulch.

Regards,

Shortside

SS,

Quit yer whining now.

I'm nearly speechless. You are a thoughtless rude basturd and have just made my ignore list.

Actually Kend,

So just how much rural lifestyle, brushinesss and native trees.........does yer home occupy right now?

The word is 'heartless'. Except in this particular case........it should be posted as 'intolerance'.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SLM

You mean whine like this Chris?

Lots of smoke in Flag tonite. Wind plus smoke plus dust and pollen = Me and many others are pukin sick due to pollen allergies.

Get that fawker put out now, please.

Actually.......I couldn't figure out how to post the SARCASM icon that night. Consequently......some could construe that post seriously..........instead of me trying to identify (sarcasticly) the most illigitimate reason to spend resources and to jeopardize human lives........putting out a fire just to save unoccupied weekend homes for rich people. Plus my allergies.....LOL.

Last edited by StripBuckHunter; 08/21/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're a classic example of a sleazy, scum sucking, slime trail leaving, terminally pathetic, and COWARDLY dirtbag, and as well malevolent, hostile troll.

You make filthy wharf rats, and the sons of diseased whores look like exemplary companions, mister, and are not going to fare well here in this sight.

Go suck start a revolver.

Better yet, hang yourself off a bridge.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CF,

Please try to learn how to let the feelings out. Its not good to bottle stuff like this up inside....

wink

Stush
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You're a classic example of a sleazy, scum sucking, slime trail leaving, terminally pathetic, and COWARDLY dirtbag, and as well malevolent, hostile troll.

You make filthy wharf rats, and the sons of diseased whores look like exemplary companions, mister, and are not going to fare well here in this sight.

Go suck start a revolver.

Better yet, hang yourself off a bridge.

GTC

Dang CFO,

Still doin' Crown Royal? Or maybe Yukon Jack?? Or will you actually get Americanized one of these days and get on the Wild Turkey American Loyalty Program (WTALP)?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Kindness can often be too rare a commodity.

Agreed. Though it's free and thoughtful, some just can't seem to afford it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't even want you to go the old fashioned way by suck starting a glock. I wish you would trip on a firehose and land face down on a axe, and I hope it dosent kill instantly. Your a special version of sorry mother [bleep].

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
shortside,

I hope you, as well as your neighbors, took the necessary precautions with defensible space, etc. etc.

I fought a fire in Sleeman Gulch in 1989, tough place to defend and a tough place to fight a fire. I doubt its gotten any better with even more homes now.

I'm pulling for you, hoping for the best for you and the family...hang in there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SS,

Quit yer whining now.

The Internet truly brings out the skunks.

Wonder if you would be quite as mouthy if shortside or someone else who just lost their home to a fire were standing in front of you.

Somehow I really doubt it you spineless coward.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I never comment on these threads. Now I remember why- Thanks, SBH. I have a smartphone traffic app- I can find some traffic for you to play in before bedtime. Douchenozzle.

To the OP, my thoughts are with you and yours, and we are all hoping your home makes it out of this alright.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Regards,

Shortside

Prayers up...how you all doing?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Geez Dudes,

Am I gonna begin receiving death threats via PM's again?

Last time I checked...this is the USA.......with equal freedom for all. If you all are allowed to post your opinions.....then so am I, right??? Otherwise........this is PutinVille, or a country ruled by Pol Pot, or Stalin, or Deng Xiaoping, or any number of the Middle East rulers presently in the news every day.

I get to disagree with you in America!!! Put down your hooch and get over it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Regards,

Shortside

SS,

Quit yer whining now.

Here's hoping shortside gets a chance to knock your teeth out, a$$whipe.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geez Dudes,

Am I gonna begin receiving death threats via PM's again?

Last time I checked...this is the USA.......with equal freedom for all. If you all are allowed to post your opinions.....then so am I, right??? Otherwise........this is PutinVille, or a country ruled by Pol Pot, or Stalin, or Deng Xiaoping, or any number of the Middle East rulers presently in the news every day.

I get to disagree with you in America!!! Put down your hooch and get over it.

Waaah, waaah, waaah! Freedom of speech works both ways. You wanna flap your lips in an offensive and inappropriate manner, best expect that someone with decent manners might want to fatten them for you.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 79 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.