Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Plinker
How hot is too hot for a can of bear spray to stay in a vehicle? blush

Don't EVER stick a can of MACE under your pickup seat and forget it's there. May take several years but sooner or later it will wear a hole in the can. Not fun when if finally wears through, and driving down the HWY at speed doesn't help the situation, ask me, I know a idiot that did it laugh

I too know an idiot that had bear spray go off in a truck..... blush

I have never jumped out of a vehilcle so fast!! Really kills the resale value....

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Keep your firearm loaded and keep it on your person. The only time is should be in your vehicle is when you are.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Do NOT ever store a Glock in a car!

It will melt like a chocolate bar!

( that's what you guys told me...)

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It is not unusual to see on the news around here of an aerosol can exploding inside of a car because of heat. I've had cans of soft drink blow up and spray the drink all over the interior. A guy had a SCUBA tank blow up in his car a few years ago because it got hot. Totaled his car and at least 1 other parked next to it. The police initially investigated it as a bombing.

I don't think ammo or guns are hurt long term because of the heat, but I wouldn't want to have to fire ammo while it is still hot though. It can easily reach 150 degrees inside a parked car, probably a lot more in some situations. Ammo is usually loaded and tested at around 70 degrees. I'd imagine that if shot at 150 degrees or more some could be overpressure and unsafe. After the same ammo cools to a more normal temp I'd think it would be fine.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I buy 12 gauge trap reloads for $40.00 a flat and just keep them in the trunk of my car until I shoot them. I don't think that causes any problems.

In Africa, we always kept rifle ammo in the glove box of the land cruiser and that didn't hurt anything either. People say, though,that some PHs who keep ammo in their hunting cars for years or even decades end up having problems because the powder tends to clump together, reducing velocity. Also cordite, which has not been used for 50 years or so, was very temperature sensitive and pressures could rise if you fired it when hot. this is one reason the old British big bore loads were loaded to low pressures.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,154
Posts18,465,082
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.