Print Thread
Hop To
N
nitis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
So you tell me I am ordering today. There are some goo prices to be had on the bushnell down to about $200 but I keep coming back to the zenray 10x43

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard to go wrong with either one for the money. I've used my son's Bushnell HD and they are amazing glass for the money and IMHO rival glass costing many times more.

Can't say on the Zenray- no experience with them.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is basically a matter of ergonomics. The Bushnell is lighter and smaller than the ZEN ED #. I think the ED 3 is sharper and it fits my hands better.

I have had a couple of the Legend Ultra HD's, and while the center-field resolution is very good, the field curvature across the whole of the image makes them look (to me) like you are looking at a fuzzy target with two distinct curvature rings. The outer one is generally not a problem, but the inner one makes it look like looking through a fuzzy inner tube. For me it was a deal breaker.

Just on my personal experience with both, I'd go with the ED 3 and never look back.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SteveC99

I have had a couple of the Legend Ultra HD's, and while the center-field resolution is very good, the field curvature across the whole of the image makes them look (to me) like you are looking at a fuzzy target with two distinct curvature rings.

I had 2 different samples as well. I had the exact same issue, and while I loved the ergo's and center sharpness, for me the edge of the field was fuzzy.

One had a small ammnt of slop in the focus wheel as well.

The outer one is generally not a problem, but the inner one makes it look like looking through a fuzzy inner tube.

I'll be honest, I didnt notice/distinguish 2 different rings. Steve's got a hair more experience w/ glass that I do though.

For me it was a deal breaker.

+1 I kept the sightron 8x32 and the Theron 8x32, which are basically sisters.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
edit- FWIW I had the 8x36 model, not the 8x42

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

N
nitis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Well I gave in today and ordered the zenray. I kept gravitating back to them for some reason and the open box price from camera land made it a easy choice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope you like the ED#'s- sure you will. I was surprsied no one mentioned rainguard.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Zen ED 2 & 3 have both oil and water repellent coatings. They seem to work just fine

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To the OP,

FWIW, Zen-Ray stands behind their warranty. My dealings with Bushnell in the past were an absolute joke.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 75 invisible), 3,054 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.