Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hardway Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Has anyone run both? Looking for people who have actually used both not just tried them on. Currently on my second pair of the 7" Meindl Perfekt Hikers and while I like them it seems the quality is slipping. My second pair is'nt lasting anywhere near as long as the last. Some of my real concerns are fit......The Meindls have a wide toebox and fit my wide forefoot just right while not letting my heal slip.

Looking at the Lowa Ranger GTX's for a slightly stiffer boot with a rubber rand. Thanks.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've wide feet as well and couldn't get the Meindl's to fit.

I did get the Schnee's and the Kenetreks to fit well.

I ended up with the Kenetrek's. The wide version fits my wide feet nicely.

Supposedly where very well and you can rebuild when they need it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a wide foot and really like my Rangers. Tough boot and well worth the money I think.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have Meindls (Alaskan Hiker) and Lowas (Tibet LL). IME the Lowas in standard sizes are a bit wider, they come in wide sizes as well. I also agree with you on the Lowas being higher quality compared to the Meindls.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I love my Perfekt!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BCSteve
I love my Perfekt!

Ditto...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cocadori
I've wide feet as well and couldn't get the Meindl's to fit.

I did get the Schnee's and the Kenetreks to fit well.

I ended up with the Kenetrek's. The wide version fits my wide feet nicely.

Supposedly where very well and you can rebuild when they need it.

I as well have a wide forefoot and a narrow heel. Meindle's killed my feet (honestly, I tried), but the Schnee's Beartooth fit great and were very comfortable in the CO Mtns last fall...try them

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Meindl Perfekt Hikers are the most uncomfortable boot I've ever owned.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I wear Meindl Perfkt Hikers and Hunters. They are a perfect fit for my feet and I've used them over the past 12 years or so. No blisters from my recent 10 day BC stone sheep backpack hunt! No quality issues either. They don't last for ever though, so I keep a new pair of each in the closet ready to go when the old ones get tired.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, GW, perfekts are the least comfortable pair? Yikes. I'd say for most people the opposite is true. For me, they are almost too comfortable. They are too much like a pair of running shoes and too soft and comfy. I've never heard anyone complain that they're uncomfortable.

Here's a review that I did on these boots and others a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfApS_NRQjg

My favorite lately have been zamberlans - specifically the Zamberlan Vioz Plus GT RR. I also really like the Lowa Tibet. Of the ten or so boots I've tested in this category, my least favorite has been the kenetreks for several reasons, primarily being it just didn't fit my foot well (we're all different there). Others put the Kenetreks as their favorite, so it's pretty subjective.

Hope the video helps.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have had both and much prefer the Lowa Ranger. My narrow heel and normal to wide fore foot cause me problems when shopping for boots. Lowa is by far the best fit for me. I did have a metal piece, that was part of the boot, come up through the sole and into the foam foot bed. Cabelas gave me a refund. The right and left boot had the same issue although I could only feel it on one side.

No issues with the Lowas.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.