Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
OK by me! Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not everyone's cup of tea but it shoots in the ones, a T-3 22-250 HB Varmint, Sterk titanium bolt shroud, Delta Tactical bolt handle, GRS stock.

[Linked Image]

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

Please give the details about that tikka! Looks awesome!

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore
Damnation....
[Linked Image]

Agreed! I like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aint mine, follow the link from 300's post at the hide. I thought it was too good not to have on this thread. Chad's stuff is badass wish I had one. Same goes for the vortex fluting, some other dude at the hide

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BD, that is a wicked rig!

Eric

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
yukonal has some badazzz Tikkas too. Maybe he'll show up.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'm liking the vortex bolt fluting, looks right with the action angles..

[Linked Image]

I dig this!! Would love this just as is in a .223 or 220 Swift!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only have a small number of rifles that I wish I had kept. This Tikka 595 SS is one of them. McMillan Sako Hunter stock, aluminum shroud, featherweight contoured barrel. Shot ridiculously well all the time...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Manners makes a VERY nice stock for the Tikka T3!!!

Post a couple ....pictures,please.
I may switch to the Manner...customer service from Mcmillan sucks big time frown

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BlackDog1
Not everyone's cup of tea but it shoots in the ones, a T-3 22-250 HB Varmint, Sterk titanium bolt shroud, Delta Tactical bolt handle, GRS stock.

[Linked Image]

I love that rifle. I've had it in my hands a few times. It's pretty bad azz, just doesn't fit a southpaw very well though frown grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This isn't that all tricked out, but it's a Tikka T3 Lite .243 Win with a Hinterland Shooting Supplies (Australia) aftermarket bolt shroud and bolt handle. It took me about 30 min to put it together (I'm mechanically inept). I also installed a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I'm using DNZ Game Reaper mounts (Medium) with a Swaro Z6 2-12x50 TDS.

This is how it was shooting on its first day out yesterday. No scope adjustment whatsoever after mounting and bore sighting. It really likes 95 gr. Fusions.

Eric

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Eric, how do you like that bolt handle? Do you think it's a little too big? That's my only concern with them.

BTW don't think you're going to get much better than that.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
01Foreman, I just installed it moments ago. I'll let you know but I think I'm going to like it. It clears the scope easily and should make cycling faster/more positive. Plus it's tacti-cool. lol. The rifle was shooting multiple loads very well. I had a near 10-shot MOA group but I flung one just outside when I was getting a little cocky.

Eric

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by EricM
01Foreman, I just installed it moments ago. I'll let you know but I think I'm going to like it. It clears the scope easily and should make cycling faster/more positive. Plus it's tacti-cool. lol. The rifle was shooting multiple loads very well. I had a near 10-shot MOA group but I flung one just outside when I was getting a little cocky.

Eric

Eric, I shoot sub moa 10 shot groups with my Ruger m77 .223 wink...That's a good shooting tikka though...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

The OEM stock does pretty well but can clearly be improved. I went with the BC and like it but it does seem a bit heavy. I would love to spring for a manners some day but it is hard to justify, I seriously doubt there is anything I could do to my tikka to allow it to perform any better in the field.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great shooting and your rifle looks great Eric! IME, The Hinterland or Delta Tactical handles make bolt cycling quicker and more positive. I sure like mine. As an alternative, Beretta does sell a bolt handle add-on that makes the bolt knob larger and easier to grip.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I was goofing around in the shop of a well known west coast tactical rifle guy when we started discussing tikkas and why they shoot so well out of the box. I volunteered my t-3 .270 as a data point and he tore it down. When all was said and done there was nothing to square or true up on the chamber cut, receiver face or anything else. He said it would be worthless to do anything other than what the factory did regarding the action itself.

The OEM stock does pretty well but can clearly be improved. I went with the BC and like it but it does seem a bit heavy. I would love to spring for a manners some day but it is hard to justify, I seriously doubt there is anything I could do to my tikka to allow it to perform any better in the field.

I like how the B&C stock adds a little weight. My 300 WSM T3 is right on the edge of uncomfortable to shoot.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Love mine. Its not pimped out, just a stock stainless 243 with talley mounts and a 3-9 Conquest. Worked up a 80gr barnes load for it that will put 3 touching. Shot an old buck last week at about 90 yds. Dropped in his tracks.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
836 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 3,285 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,290
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.