Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, your thieving ass should be his cell mate...just saying. wink

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Birdy-
With that background, If you are not familiar with the story of Snowman, you might enjoy it and be able to relate to it also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowman_%28horse%29

Book here:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Eighty-Dollar-Champion-Snowman-Inspired/dp/0345521099

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by okok

I can never keep it straight - are statements like that slander or libel?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okok

Show me again just how stupid you are, please. You are clueless at best and equating less than half a story with a story well-told on video makes you feel smug?

Every time you post you show what a clueless twit you really are. How about I start shadowing your stupidity and making public note of everything you post and how obvious it is you are hiding in Mom's basement while posting?

But then I just took a stroll through your posts... notice I am the only one that ever posts to you? That just ended. It should have ended a long time ago as you clearly have nothing worth adding to any discussion. You now get to ride with the worthless likes of Jeff O and eh76... There are only two others I have ever put on ignore, but that makes you number 5. Between you there are not enough brain cells to rub together to spark on a doorknob.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Call Sarah dipshit.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GFY! Thief!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As much as people want to put human ethics and values into their animals, animals have their own set of ethics and moral values. The nicest dog will bite and horses kick. I seen guys who "know horses" tell me they can walk behind their horses and prove it. Then they want me to prove that I can walk behind their horses. Nope, not gonna do it.

I've been kicked once and it wasn't because I was back there on purpose. It's not something I want to do again.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, and I don't need a CT judge to tell me that horses will bite and kick. My daddy told me that when I was very young. I believed him, but the horses proved him right.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tenderfoot:" Should I buy a horse, or mule?"

Oldtimer:" You want to get hurt accidentally, or on purpose?"

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Who ya gonna kick now, horsey...? LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
With that background, If you are not familiar with the story of Snowman, you might enjoy it and be able to relate to it also.

Sounds like a great story, thanks cool

Shovelling horse crap on weekends was the greatest job in the world for a high school kid back then, or at least I thought so. Kept me outside around the barns from before sunup until dark, paid for it too cool I still recall the spring peepers (frogs) and the first phoebes (birds) coming back in the spring.

Horse crap and sawdust in enough quantities that I got to be an absolute ace hustling that Massey-Fergussen tractor w/front end loader down the aisles, scooping up a pile of horse poop/sawdust and throwing the tractor back into reverse in one smooth movement.

I recall exactly where I was when the news first came about Nixon resigning; I was double-clutching a battered old dump truck, coming back through the woods empty from the manure pile.

Anyhoo.... rich, pretty women and homosexual men; that was my impression of who was into eastern-style equitation back then. It was no mystery why a woman would find a 2,000 pound animal between her legs to be appealing. One of 'em even attempted suicide, slashed her wrists, when her horse died crazy

Me, I was just a kid with a funny accent shoveling horse crap. Which is why them ladies who would bring their horses whole buckets of iced tea complete with ice cubes in summer would ignore us mere humans entirely... grin

While I know that Eastern tack and riding techniques lend an unrivalled degree of control and communication with the horse, I myself much preferred the Western approach, both for the practical riding and the surrounding cultural mindset.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Neighbor lady, real pretty gal, just got a horse this summer.
After maybe two weeks I drove by and saw her, looked like her husband took a bat to her head.

I've never been a horse kinda guy, but really never tried either. They are what they are, big fuggin animals. Kids and stupid people don't need to be around them.

Ya, horses are bad for kids.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Point taken.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Horse bites can be ugly. When I was a kid, my folks told of a lady they knew who had lost a breast to a horse bite.

I never met an unpredictable horse. One just has to know how to communicate with them. I am moderately fluent in horse. I know some who are proficient and I am jealous of them.

All most every horse exhibits a tendency towards biting as a colt or filly. It is how they communicate within the herd and establish dominance. Biting of humans must be trained out of them.

Horses telegraph their intention to bite, an experienced horse person recognizes that for what it is and avoids the bite, and offers negative reinforcement.

A city kid, or adult, visiting a "petting zoo" has not a chance of recognizing the signals which my eight year old grand daughter surely would. The eight year old would not be bashful about slapping the offending pony right in the kisser either.

There a few simple rules to be safe around horses:
Always speak as you approach from the rear, so that you do not startle the horse.

Never step behind a horse with more than one foot space between you and the horse, or less than eight feet of space. The horses hind leg is less than eight feet long. And he can not really hurt you if you are actually right up against his butt when he tries to kick.

Never trust a horses mouth, especially a strange horse. He can hurt you severely with his teeth. Watch for the typical signs of displeasure such as laid back ears and bared teeth. If you see that, something is going to get bit.

There is nothing in this world better for a kid than to have a relationship with animals in general and horses in particular. Learning to be a proficient rider teaches numerous skills, both mental and physical. Not the least of which is a spirit of cooperation.

There is nothing better than watching a youngster and his horse mastering new skills together.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Excellent post.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a girlfriend in high school who mucked out stables for riding lessons. I helped her once and was invited to ride a horse. I had a nagging disposition that it was not natural for anyone to get onto the back of a wild animal so I declined. A couple years later, I dated a girl who had a scar across her chest she got when a horse threw her. My friends went elk hunting in Colorado and 5 minutes into the nice horse ride into camp, my friend Eddie's horse kicked my friend George in the leg (up on his horse) and 10 minutes into the trip, it bit my friend Dean. A half hour into the ride, Dean's horse took off at a bolt and threw him. He broke a couple ribs a half hour into a $5,000 trip of a lifetime. A couple years ago, my cousin in New York got tossed off her horse. Broke her back. The horse went back to the stables without her. They went looking and found her face down in the mud crying. Horses are not for me.

Now Cows! My friend just put electric fence around the fields I hunt and bought a half dozen cows. I unhook that gate and walk in and all of a sudden, I have eight cows following me wherever I go. I don't like how they drop what they are doing and come up to me. He said they're harmless. There's a bull in the pasture. He said "harmless." I may be over thinking things but any one of these guys could knock me down and tap dance on my forehead.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.