B
neither...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by wageslave
I was a Danner man.
My foreign Danners leak. Very comfortable for dry hunting... grin
I'm on my second season with the Kenetrek Mtn. Extremes.
My feet have not felt water since.
Like good glass, you can buy once and be happy or.....not.

Those will be my next pair, just am going to have to go through the ship it, try it, ship it back if it doesn't fit stage.
What size do you wear? Mine are 11.5 or 12 (I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look right now) If it's close enough you could try on mine and see if the fit is even close. My suggestion is to buy a pair of aftermarket insoles with the order. IMO, the ones that come with the boot SUCK.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have danner boots; love em'

I've had wet feet a few times but it was my own damn fault. Not much you can do when you fall in hip deep water

Though my 'new' danner boots pale in comparison to my dads 'older-than-me' leather stitched sole pair. Those [bleep] couldn't be stopped by a raped ape.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 2 pairs each of both high top leather stitched soled Danners and U.S. made Red Wings. All of them are either on their second or third set of resoles.
Of the OPs 2 choices I personally prefer the Red Wings because they have a broader range of widths, toe boxes and arch lengths and getting free new laces, and reconditioning/oiling is a after sale plus.
Having said that I don't use either to hunt in..... not enough ankle support for my taste when side hilling or going up and down mountains all day. My hunting boots are fit differently than my daily driver boots too, unless you enjoy sore toe ends and heel blisters. I use Lowa Tibets currently and have enjoyed the Meindl's mentioned earlier.
I also agree with the earlier comment equating good boots to good glass, you got to wear them all day on a trip from dawn til dark...... You might as well enjoy them and get a quality pair. My Lowas on on their 6th season now and still work like a champ with no leaks. If you amortize the cost of good boots out over a number of seasons the annual cost/value is pretty cheap.
That's JMHO and YMMV,
BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BlackDog1
If you amortize the cost of good boots out over a number of seasons the annual cost/value is pretty cheap.
BD

Schit! That's how I justify ALL my hunting gear purchases! laugh

As to the OP, I've blown through the foreign Danners so fast at work I wouldn't give them a dime anymore. Absolute schit, especially for the price.

Might have to try some of the other brands mentioned here...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have had both and you couldnt give me a pair of Irish Setters. They completely fell apart from just about every seem in about a year.

as stated, USA Danners are better than the foreign jobs, but all are pretty good. Schnees get my vote for the next serious boot that I will buy.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
707 members (007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,744
Posts18,401,246
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.