Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Gonna poach too there plainview? mtmuley

Sigh.

My point was, if there is no one on the job, then who is going to be there to hand you a ticket for accessing a road that was legally open before October 1st? I don't poach. But I have no problem rolling through the Obamanazi's locked gates.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"
BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by plainview

Sigh.

My point was, if there is no one on the job, then who is going to be there to hand you a ticket for accessing a road that was legally open before October 1st? I don't poach. But I have no problem rolling through the Obamanazi's locked gates.

Let's keep our standards high. Regardless of the sickeningly low standards adhered to by our "representatives" in Washington. We start cutting gates during the shutdown and you can bet your last dollar we will soon see dozer piles where the gates used to be.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834

Let's keep our standards high. Regardless of the sickeningly low standards adhered to by our "representatives" in Washington. We start cutting gates during the shutdown and you can bet your last dollar we will soon see dozer piles where the gates used to be.

I completely agree. Hunting Federal land, like all hunting, is a PRIVILEGE and should be treated as such. I don't like how state permits are distributed for hunting on federal land but I still won't go shoot anything I please. The high road is the right road.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Sigh.

For the record. The Tea party (republicans) shut down the government.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

Sigh.

They most certainly did not. All monetary bills must originate in the house and they did exactly that. The house republicans passed a budget bill that would keep everything going except Obamacare. The senate Dems and the whitehouse are the ones who have shut it down. All the senate needs to do is pass that bill and then handle O-care separately. The orders to shut it all down have come from Obama, not the house.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Please elaborate...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by prm

Please elaborate...

Sure. The republicans want to shut down Obamacare. It's not going to be done, because it's passed into law. The Tea party could care less about law, and tried to put in in their budget. Of course the Dems refused it, but did vote in the senate for a budget with the republicans numbers. The republicans refused to vote on it, because it would have passed. They didn't want it to pass, so by not voting on it the government had no funding, an closed.

The Tea party held the government hostage by insisting some changes to Obamacare. That is not the way to get a law changed, but they didn't care. They've done their best to put the blame on Obama, but they haven't fooled the majority. Polls are showing the Republicans are to blame for the shutdown, and they're right.

I'm not a fan of Obama, or Obamacare, but the republicans are wrong in how they went about this. You don't let people suffer by shutting down the government to try and change a law you have no chance of changing.

Of course Obama has to enforce the shutdown now. He has no choice.

All the Republicans have to do is vote on the budget that the senate gave them, and the shutdown would be over. Nobody is forcing anything on them. Just take a vote on a budget that is their numbers in the house which they are the majority. That means a lot of republicans need to vote on it for it to pass.

Simple as that.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sigh.

No- the Senate shut down government. The House passed a spending bill, as denoted in the Constitution. The Senate has not taken up the bill sent from the house. The Senate Majority leader has failed to take up the bill(s). To be 100% accurate, it is the Senate that has shut the government down. If the Senate were to act and the president vetoes, then he is responsible for the shut down. It is were the process stops where the shut down occurs. What we have here is the Senate and president successfully getting the media to report that the republicans and those "radical tea party members" are responsible, supported by the libtard media.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The bill the house sent the senate also had the Obamacare changes in it. Of course the senate wouldn't vote on it. The bill the senate sent to the house was clean of anything but the budget. As it should be.

You don't get to change a law (obamacare) when hashing out a budget. That's not how it's done. I'm sure you're aware of that.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So, by your thinking the House has to cave in to the wishes of the Senate? Both sides are being obstinate, but that just reflects how divergent the objectives are. Why can't the Senate agree to changes in OCare? When something as large as Obamacare is so poorly understood and the ramifications not understood, why should the House fund that? Why can't the Senate accept the delays that were offered until the details are worked out and understood?

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by prm
So, by your thinking the House has to cave in to the wishes of the Senate? Both sides are being obstinate, but that just reflects how divergent the objectives are. Why can't the Senate agree to changes in OCare? When something as large as Obamacare is so poorly understood and the ramifications not understood, why should the House fund that? Why can't the Senate accept the delays that were offered until the details are worked out and understood?

Obamacare has problems, and maybe it should be delayed. However, it should be done this way. It should be done through the regular channels.

The point is, nothing is being shoved down the republicans throats. Let them vote for the senate bill, and see what happens. They have the majority on their side.

The bottom line is the republicans are afraid Obamacare will work, and are trying to close it now, before everybody see's it works. If it fails it will be easy to close it, but if it succeeds Obama looks good, and they can't stand that.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ok, i'm not running away from this. I had planned to go scout a new area after lunch, and I just ate.

Later.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't see what the 'regular channels' are. I'm sure there is some truth to what you say about the motives, but I don't think anyone understands it well enough to say with any certainty that it can work without bankrupting us. Why take that risk. Delaying it until it is thought out and refined would be prudent. The problem is I don't think you can turn these entitlement-like programs off once they are established.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'd go scout an area instead of discussing Obamacare too! I just packed my bags for a Wed flight to CO.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The bill the house sent the senate also had the Obamacare changes in it. Of course the senate wouldn't vote on it. The bill the senate sent to the house was clean of anything but the budget. As it should be.

You don't get to change a law (obamacare) when hashing out a budget. That's not how it's done. I'm sure you're aware of that.

wow, do you have it wrong. the budget bills originate in the House of Representatives, and funding for obamacare is part of the budget. if the Representatives do not want to include funding for obamacare, they are under no obligation to include it just because the Senate wants it. if the Senate wants funding for obamacare, they have to negotiate for it. they do not get to dictate what gets passed in the House.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by toad

wow, do you have it wrong. the budget bills originate in the House, and if they do not want to include funding for obamacare, they are under no obligation to include it just because the senate wants it. if the senate wants funding for obamacare, they have to negotiate. they do not get to dictate what gets passed in the House.

That is 110%c accurate.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You guys nee to do more research. The funding for Obamacare has already passed. It's already in effect.

There's another point you seem to be missing. The budget that the senate passed is the budget the republicans asked for. The republicans are saying no to yes we accept your budget.

The republicans want to squash Obamacare to make Obama look bad. That's their whole agenda. The pitiful part is they're willing to shut the government to do it.

http://www.alignamerica.com/node/62

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Only 15% of the government is shut down, just the stuff to piss off the most people.
Why the hell do we have 'nonessential" people sucking up a paycheck anyway?
Most of the things they shut down took more people to guard and patrol it than it did to run.
You can really see the true colors of our dictator shining through.
Stand your ground Boehner!

Last edited by WYcoyote; 10/06/13.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He's not standing his ground. He's scared shi-tless of losing his job.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Thank goodness lame duck King Ombuma will be losing his job.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.