Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
Am l correct in understanding you guys don't appreciate bullet good bullet performance?

Yes, that's correct, every last one of us who've commented were commenting on the bullet performance.

We just can't appreciate it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, guys for the responses. All that was visible was about three inches of neck and the face. On a doe tag here one can kill a doe or spike I hunted several days and that was the last hour of the last day when I took that shot.

I sure am curious how a photo of a deer shot in the head is different from a deer shot in the chest. Both are dead meat. How is it sensible or senseless and does harm or do good?

Maybe someone more astute than me could explain this respect for the animal thing. Shoot one in the chest is respectful and shoot one in the head and that is not respectful? What? I don't get it. They are pests in my garden and orchard. Tell me they are not objects of hunting in the woods and food on the plate.

By the way all who would not take the only presented shot on the last day at the last hour of the season on a legal game animal tell me where I was wrong.

Go back and read Northern Dave's response on page one.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman, if you have a modicum of sense about you, you'll remove that photo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

With my modicum of sense which one do you want me to remove? There are two photos of bullet performance.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Same guy who scans the country side looking for game or whatever else with his rifle scope.....clueless.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
IC B2

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The only thing you justed "posted" with that photo is YOUR true colors....now GFY you POS.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Ya know, chit like that can happen in the field, hopefully not on purpose but it can happen.

But why in the [bleep] would you post a picture like that?

Velocity/energy, we get it. Go shoot a [bleep] pumpkin or a water jug if you want to experiment with carnage.

This pisses me off.

It would reflect poorly on those of us that cherish the honored values and traditions of the field if we did not point at this and express disgust and disapproval.

Exactly, posting the picture is in poor taste. Only shot you had, needed the meat ok, whatever.

This is like a douche walking around suburbia packing his AR and a Glock "open carry" because it is his right to do so. You aren't pulling anyone off the fence down onto the right side by posting crap like this.

If you don't get it already no number of keystrokes by me or someone else is going to get the point across.

Isaiah 6:8

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

With my modicum of sense which one do you want me to remove? There are two photos of bullet performance.

Bullet performance my ass. Are you saying that shooting a yearling doe in the head at 20 yards with a bullet traveling 3900 fps is a good test of "bullet performance?"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I always thought you were just "quirky" but now you've confirmed you're simply a complete azzhat, rivaled only by Savage99.

GFY.

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Ya know, chit like that can happen in the field, hopefully not on purpose but it can happen.

But why in the [bleep] would you post a picture like that?

Velocity/energy, we get it. Go shoot a [bleep] pumpkin or a water jug if you want to experiment with carnage.

This pisses me off.

It would reflect poorly on those of us that cherish the honored values and traditions of the field if we did not point at this and express disgust and disapproval.

My feelings exactly

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is like a douche walking around suburbia packing his AR and a Glock "open carry" because it is his right to do so. You aren't pulling anyone off the fence down onto the right side by posting crap like this.

This is my concern, too. Fuel for the anti-hunting group, using it as tangible evidence of a hunter's capacity to be inhumane.

It would not be hard to influence a person not familiar with the damage a firearm can do to be against hunting with visual reinforcement such as that, and then have it proudly displayed as "bullet performance".

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Last edited by SAUMHUNTER79; 11/06/13.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SKane

Yup

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
All that was visible was about three inches of neck and the face. It was the last hour of the last day when I took that shot.
Maybe someone more astute than me could explain this respect for the animal thing.

By the way all who would not take the only presented shot on the last day at the last hour of the season on a legal game animal tell me where I was wrong.

Geez where do I start...

# 1 You have NO respect for hunting and what it stands for.

# 2 You shoot to kill and kill only. I wonder if you even butcher the animal or just take what is easy to carry and leave the rest?

# 3 You need your ego stroked on a regular basis. In this case its how fast and powerful your gun is. You take pics and hope you get stroked.

# 4 You think of a big game animal as a pest. Like a skunk or opossum.

# 5 If the only shot I had was head and a couple inches of neck, I would have eaten tag soup that year. Wouldn't have even crossed my mind to take the shot. Not even once!

# 6 You post that picture on the internet and brag about your velocity or whatever. WTF is wrong with you?? Do you not realize that the Anti's comb sites like this just looking for this kind of crap to promote their cause?? You can bet that your picture and comments will be on display at some freakin rally somewhere to prove what dumbass cold blooded killers we hunters are!

As someone else said, remove this picture PRONTO! Do some soul searching and try to figure out why what you did was wrong.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
With that short nose ( what's left of it), it looks like a fawn to me.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I couldnt care less about the anti's. Theyre gonna hate hunting whether you shoot a deer in the chest or face. What I do care about is [bleep] like the OP bragging about and posting such a shot. Zero respect for the animal. We all get that it happens, bad shots, shots intended to minimize meat loss. Some of us routinely use these shots for such on other game(squirrels, etc.) Clearly, though, the OP had one thing on his mind, that being satisfying his own sick curiosity of the outcome of this situation. Truly one [bleep] up individual.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
PA, good point on antis--nothing we can do or say will change their minds. It's the people in the middle I worry about. They're the ones who voted out the CO spring bear season not too many years ago.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You just made us ALL look like idiots.

Sorry I made you all look like idiots.

Geez where do I start...

# 1 You have NO respect for hunting and what it stands for.

# 2 You shoot to kill and kill only. I wonder if you even butcher the animal or just take what is easy to carry and leave the rest?

# 3 You need your ego stroked on a regular basis. In this case its how fast and powerful your gun is. You take pics and hope you get stroked.

# 4 You think of a big game animal as a pest. Like a skunk or opossum.

# 5 If the only shot I had was head and a couple inches of neck, I would have eaten tag soup that year. Wouldn't have even crossed my mind to take the shot. Not even once!

# 6 You post that picture on the internet and brag about your velocity or whatever. WTF is wrong with you?? Do you not realize that the Anti's comb sites like this just looking for this kind of crap to promote their cause?? You can bet that your picture and comments will be on display at some freakin rally somewhere to prove what dumbass cold blooded killers we hunters are!

As someone else said, remove this picture PRONTO! Do some soul searching and try to figure out why what you did was wrong.

1. I don�t remember how many times I have asked for folks to tell me about this �respect for animals�. This �NO respect for hunting and what it stands for� is totally new to me. Tell me what respect for hunting is and tell me about what it stands for, please.
2. You don�t shoot to kill? Why do you shoot? Interesting you should bring up what is easy. The hill where I killed it was very steep. I tried to get it to slide right into the back of the pickup, but it hit a rock and missed. Can you believe I had to lift it into the pickup!
3. It seems you guys are stroking each other�s ego. You are all hunters and condemn me for making a legal kill. Rush is correct when he talks about the chickification of this country.
4. Please tell me the difference.
5. I passed on three earlier in the season while I was looking for a spike. Most of the guys here would take the same shot.
6. Let me see. Occasionally my right knee hurts. I wear corrective glasses. The antis are mentally ill. This photo will not influence them one way or another.

With that short nose ( what's left of it), it looks like a fawn to me.

Your ability to look at a photo of a bullet blasted head and determine what it is is a gift. The problem with your assessment is it is a mature doe. I saw some larger and some smaller this year.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Your ability to look at a photo of a bullet blasted head and determine what it is is a gift.

No, your ability to post a photo of a bullet-blasted head and think it's worthwhile is a gift. There should be a "sportsman's special olympics" for gifted "hunters" such as yourself.

Edited to add: My apologies to Special Olympians.

Last edited by smokepole; 11/05/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman,
Sometimes the entire world isn't fubar. On occasion, one might be best served to pause and reflect inward. In unanimous fashion, the reasoning sportsman in this thread are ALL trying to tell you that the photo you posted is gawd-damned ridiculous and offensive. And, you've been given countless reasons here as to why. Still, you're too thick-headed to understand otherwise.

As for the bullet performance at that distance, a ball bearing from a sling shot could have inflicted similar damage so don't talk to us about bullet performance.

WWP53D
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.