-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A friend of mine has one and really likes it. I looked at one today but the guy didn't want to trade for what I had bad enough. What's the consensus here on the forum?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's a Nano?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
A friend of mine has one and really likes it. I looked at one today but the guy didn't want to trade for what I had bad enough. What's the consensus here on the forum?
Been tempted to get one for a while, but never "pulled the trigger," as it were. One reason is that I recall hearing about a mechanical idiosyncrasy in its design that's a weakness, although at this time I can't recall what it was specifically.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
the reason you might not have heard anything here is what does the gun really have to offer that isn't covered by other guns. it is almost exactly the weight of a glock 26, yeah its thinner but it doesn't hold 10 rounds either. the shield holds one more round and is lighter. the kahr pm/cm9's are quite a bit lighter and the kel tec pf 9 lighter still. so why buy the beretta I say?? plus beretta has about the worst customer service in the industry.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good answer. I'm sure that just about covers what the OP was asking!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I played with one at the LGS. It's actually quite brick-like in hand and not at all slim and pocketable. I was sorta expecting it to be tiny from all the pics of it that I had seen --> sooo very NOT.

It did nothing for me.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the reason you might not have heard anything here is what does the gun really have to offer that isn't covered by other guns. it is almost exactly the weight of a glock 26, yeah its thinner but it doesn't hold 10 rounds either. the shield holds one more round and is lighter. the kahr pm/cm9's are quite a bit lighter and the kel tec pf 9 lighter still. so why buy the beretta I say?? plus beretta has about the worst customer service in the industry.
Thanks.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here you go, Mark. Look how small it is next to a .223 round. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought one to hold me over as a backup gun when I had to send another gun off for repair. I also thought that my wife may like it after I was through with it. The gun is a bit �clunky� in design. The slide sits way high above the hand, and the gun is top heavy. The rear of the slide is boxy, which can impede drawing from a jeans pocket. The sights do not line up naturally for me consistent with the other platforms I use. The sights are nice, though, and the gun is accurate. I like the trigger pull, which is more like a revolver than a striker fired gun. It is a �two finger� gun with the standard 6 round magazines, but it is a three finger gun with the 8 round extension magazines.

My other backup was returned quicker than I expected, and my wife didn�t like it. (I think the grip was too narrow for her and the checkering too sharp. I probably could have added some innertube and cut down on the bite, but there is no use trying after she declares that she does not like a gun.) Therefore, only about 200 rounds have been fired from it. I experienced only 1 malfunction with the gun, at just about 50 rounds. The malfunction was with a factory 124 grain Gold Dot, which surprised me. It has handled another few dozen Gold Dots and the rest being jacketed handloads with no problems.

I believe that the drawback to which TRH referred earlier is the lack of a slide stop lever. The gun locks open after the last shot but the slide must be pulled to the rear and released to get the gun to return to battery and chamber a round from the new magazine. This also could be a hindrance to clearing a double feed or stove pipe malfunction. As a pocket or backup gun, I did not view this �feature� as one that would stop me from carrying or using the gun.
The gun does not have a takedown lever, and a slotted pin has to be turned to take it down. Reassembly is done by prepositioning the pin and putting the slide back one. My comfort level was improving with this new way of doing things. The gun also has a hole in the side into which you can insert a small pin and deactivate the striker without having to pull the trigger. I would prefer to live without that feature.

In summary, the gun is OK but I have better platforms for my particular purposes. If it had come along five years ago, I may have Also, from reviewing forums, it appears that the early guns had some birthing pains, and there was a design change. So, anyone looking to acquire one should try to get a newer one.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I looked at it. I don't like the way you have to disengage the slide lock. Got a S&W Shield and I'm happy with it.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So that's a Nano.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That was an absolutely great review Cheyenne. Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
So that's a Nano.
Yep. A very small 9.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Really. Ive sent a couple of beretta shotguns back for some repair work and have never had a problem with their CS

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The pistol also needs a 124 min. gr bullett according to the manual or you get FTE's.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked at them, and do not consider them small enough to be a pocket gun. If I have to holster carry, there are a LOT of far better options.

I am still waiting for a true pocket sized 9, even a Kel Tec PF-9 (the smallest and lightest 9 I have seen to date) does not disappear into a pocket.

I think that Sig Sauer may now have a truly pocketable 9mm, but I have not seen one up close and personal yet. If they do, I may have to put some other stuff up for sale (like my P3AT) and try to get one.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Much better handguns on the Market at a better price . If you want Conpact nothing beat the Kahr P9, PM9, or the M&P Shield

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
Much better handguns on the Market at a better price . If you want Conpact nothing beat the Kahr P9, PM9, or the M&P Shield
That pistol sure seemed significantly smaller than the Shield or the others. I've handled the Kahr's but can't recall actually having handled a Shield, but from what I understood, they're just an M&P Compact without the double stack and I've got one of those. The Nano felt even smaller than a Kel Tec single stack like Safariman mentioned, but I could be wrong as I didn't have one right beside it.

I put it out of my mind though after reading this stuff. It is an awfully small pistol though...for a 9mm.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

601 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,263
Posts18,448,214
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.