24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No dog in this fight,......just passing on one of the more interesting tidbits that turn up in one's mail.

Apologies if it's already been posted, too wink.

GTC

I have no doubt that this is a legitimate complaint. One gets the feeling that if this doesn�t adversely impact you or someone you know now, it will eventually.

I appreciate your sending this to me. It is a scary situation indeed.

Read this about a guy who signed up for Obamacare and then found he couldn't afford it so he dropped it. Very interesting.

JIM MEIER OSP PROJECT ENGINEER

678-576-0052 CELL 346 CLINTON AVE SPRING CITY,Tennessee 37381 or

369 HORIZON DR N. Fort Myers Fl. 33903

RE: OBAMACARE A comment posted on the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare FB page:

"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 AM. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually. I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. Informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable." Kinda sheds a lot of light on all of the arming and beefing up of arms for all of the domestic departments INCLUDING the IRS now doesn't it?

There's a war coming folks....

Last edited by crossfireoops; 11/11/13.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As a diabetic, I logged onto the ACA web site. With similar income, my monthly payment would be $979 a month with a $12,000 annual deductible.

The $9,000 fine looks like the best alternative.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I saw this earlier and the first thing that popped out to me was that drivers licenses are issued by states, not the Feds. I hope this is just bull, but nothing this administration does would surprise me.

Harry
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The feds will likely pull their old trick with the drivers licenses - the states will play the game or lose their highway funds.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and all of this is not reason to impeach that oreo SOB in the White House?

that SOB is a traitor to this nation, if he is even really a citizen.... myself, I still support the concept he was born in Kenya...

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The drivers license and lien parts are all false.
The only thing the law allows (currently) is for the penalty to reduce any future tax refunds. Several prominent conservative talk show hosts have recommended adjusting your W-2 to insure you are due no refund, and then refuse to pay the penalty, since the law currently allows for no additional collection action.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The penalty for an individual who does not have insurance is something like $95 for an individual, with a lesser amount for each dependent, for a maximum of $285 , or 1% of your adjusted yearly income minus $20,000 for a family and $10,000 for an individual, Which ever is greater. I think the penalty goes up each year.

The guy would have to make over $400,000 per year for his penalty to be that high, since he gives his income at 45-55k I would say that the above is BS.

Also there is no way to collect the penalty except withhold money from your tax return. There is no provision for liening a home/property or withholding DL's.

Last edited by heavywalker; 11/11/13.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Although the premium and deductible look to be in line with what people have been reporting.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
can anyone else find some other unsubstantiated internet BS to post to get me mad? this one didn't get me mad enough. i need more mad.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The drivers license and lien parts are all false.
The only thing the law allows (currently) is for the penalty to reduce any future tax refunds. Several prominent conservative talk show hosts have recommended adjusting your W-2 to insure you are due no refund, and then refuse to pay the penalty, since the law currently allows for no additional collection action.

Yes, this is correct. The ACA cannot levy a tax/fine at this point. Only if you are due a tax refund can they collect. So the point is to adjust your with holdings so as NOT to have a refund coming.

For those who are logging on and providing data to see their personal numbers, be aware that according to experts, the site is NOT secure and you may have just set yourself up for a data breach.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rem141r
can anyone else find some other unsubstantiated internet BS to post to get me mad? this one didn't get me mad enough. i need more mad.

Hillary is running for president in 2016.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Remember people, all this is designed to FAIL. The purpose is to create so much financial distress, psychological duress that YOU will be begging for universal, single payer coverage.

This is the greatest scam perpetrated on the American people by their own president. This makes global warming look believable!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Plinker
Originally Posted by rem141r

Hillary is running for president in 2016.

Yes and John McCain is thinking about it!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rumor has the McCain will be her running mate.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ok thanks. i'm mad enough. you can stop now.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Rumor has the McCain will be her running mate.

Why not, what difference does it make at this time. whistle

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The next thing that will come up is You have to vote dem. or repub and the side that wins can put who they want in after the vote.

You have to vote to see who it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no provision in the law for the government to enforce any penalty if you don't buy insurance. If you have a tax return owed you, the IRS can withhold it. That is all.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.